Outdoors
Sponsored by

*****2021 Gardening Thread *****

38,640 Views | 362 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by maddiedou
maddiedou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cant help u on the webbing but my cream peas are kicking butt though
SharkinAg
AG
Some of my pickles have a touch of white scum on the top facing the lid. Anything to worry about? 2 parts water, 1 part vinegar, boiled 10 minutes in water bath. 2 months old.

billyjack2009
I cut back my Cherokee's and one stalk has regrown and I've got a bloom and 4 buds. I'm stoked!
maddiedou
AG
All my years I have never done that. That is awesome. Post pics when get taller and tomotoes
SharkinAg
AG
Anybody have any chili pequin salsa recipes that won't kick my ass? This was labeled as a New Mexico chili pequin. I just thought it made cool looking peppers but now I'm curious if I could make some pepper sauce with them.
B-1 83
AG
Still picking okra - maybe a quart ziplock every 5 days
Fall tomatoes are in the ground.
The okra may finally fizzle out in about 3 weeks, then I'll cut the stalks at about 6 inches, apply roundup/2,4-d combo to the cut "stump", and plant lettuce/spinach in the same row. Okra stalks are chopped and left on the surface.
toolshed
AG
Last round of peppers picked last night before the hard freeze. Now to process them for future use!

And also make an experimental pepper spray to keep dogs and cats from pooping around the flowerbeds and along sidewalks.

SharkinAg
AG
toolshed said:

Last round of peppers picked last night before the hard freeze. Now to process them for future use!

And also make an experimental pepper spray to keep dogs and cats from pooping around the flowerbeds and along sidewalks.

What kind of peppers are you growing there? I recognize a few. Just curious. My last tomatoes came off today too. Fall tomatoes kicked my spring tomatoes butts.
toolshed
AG
SharkinAg said:

toolshed said:

What kind of peppers are you growing there? I recognize a few. Just curious. My last tomatoes came off today too. Fall tomatoes kicked my spring tomatoes butts.

Left to right, jalapeños, bell peppers of different colors, cherry peppers in the back, cowhorn peppers in front (I think, they weren't what I'd originally selected at the store), more jalapeños and then overripe wrinkly jalapeños that I'm using for the pepper spray, along with other peppers that are blemished or have rotten spots on them.
SharkinAg
AG
toolshed said:

SharkinAg said:

toolshed said:

Left to right, jalapeños, bell peppers of different colors, cherry peppers in the back, cowhorn peppers in front (I think, they weren't what I'd originally selected at the store), more jalapeños and then overripe wrinkly jalapeños that I'm using for the pepper spray, along with other peppers that are blemished or have rotten spots on them.

Those cherry peppers are cool. I'll have to grow a few of those next year. Thanks for sharing!
Streetfighter 02
AG
Picking ripe tomatoes on January 1!
XpressAg09
AG
Link to the 2022 Garden Thread

Keep up the good work, fellas.
maddiedou
AG
I forgot this was my last pick in 2021 before the December freeze The plants were still from my spring garden that i was able to keep alive thru the summer

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.