Outdoors
Sponsored by

I'm in the stand - Texian Edition

20,137 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DVC2010
Stringfellow Hawke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any good deals on 6.8?
bevokilla
AG
Do you have any 30mm scope mounts in stock that are reasonably priced?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Define reasonably? I have black spiders in and they are around under $100. No jump in prices on those
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
SMM48
AG
Eotech exps 3-0...or 3-2 or 3-4
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Aaaand 2:15AM the guard dog extraordinaire starts growling, hackles raised. I grab Hillary and check out what I can. Nothing out front but all sorts of movement behind the shop. Metal clanking, stuff like that. Hear people talking but can't make out what they are saying. Police called since I can't get back there to look on my own without putting myself in the open. Police officer comes up from outside of my view and knocks on the window. So, here I am, clearing an AR while grabbing the damned Shih Tzu to make sure she doesn't run out the door and onto westheimer. Officer was extremely polite, courteous and professional even with me holding a shih tzu. Homeless people are apparently in back raiding the dumpster. It gonna be a long night.
Fairview
AG
That's butt pucker stuff right there. Stay safe!
Hwy30East
Hopefully that's all the excitement you have tonight. Hang in there.
AgTech88
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

With full armor being hit (not that far away) plus the nicer sub division next to mine nearly at 99 getting graffitied badly, I'm taking no chances.
What neighborhood got graffiti-ed? Hadn't heard about that/?
AgTech88
Hwy30East
He may be talking about Waterside Estates.
OnlyForNow
AG
I think so. Tagged up their entrance sign.
BuddysBud
AG
EyeGuy, I hope that you and your vicious guard dog are safely asleep with only the one incident.

Hopefully this madness will end soon.
rab4225
AG
I hope your catching a few hours speed now but If you are doing this again tonight, I sent an email about Bergara and Tikka prices yesterday.
rednecked
AG
wow! I went in to the store yesterday and I never figured there would be trouble that far west!

Eyeguy, as everyone knows, provides great customer service. it's rare that I leave a store feeling that positive about my experience and wanting to tell others to go there. Sending your web address to some co-workers today with a positive word.
AgLA06
AG
Need to get security cameras up with live feeds.
OnlyForNow
AG
And remote controlled claymores....
2ndChanceAg96
AG
Can we start a Texian security team? Maybe a couple of us a night help out for a discount?

In all seriousness, stay safe and be careful. These are f'd up times and the lawless are trying to take advantage of this.
2ndChanceAg96
AG
On another note do you recommend a reliable .380 pistol as a truck gun? It will be in a vault but in case it is stolen I am looking for something under $300. That way I won't be too pissed. I want to keep it in my truck at all times. I'm tired of taking my concealed carries in and out.
El Chupacabra
2ndChanceAg96 said:

On another note do you recommend a reliable .380 pistol as a truck gun? It will be in a vault but in case it is stolen I am looking for something under $300. That way I won't be too pissed. I want to keep it in my truck at all times. I'm tired of taking my concealed carries in and out.
HiPoint, but in a real caliber.
2ndChanceAg96
AG
El Chupacabra said:

2ndChanceAg96 said:

HiPoint, but in a real caliber.
Let me explain myself a little. I have a bunch of .380 ammo and would rather buy a gun than sell the ammo. I will still have my 9mm or .40 with me just in case but this is just to have something in place I may need quickly in case the others are not close by.
76Ag
AG
EyeGuy do you have cams in back of the store?
zooguy96
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
76Ag
AG
Your customer base has definitely improved in some ways. I may need to come and check your inventory sooner rather than later.
cledus6150
AG
Sounds like some Arlo cameras outside of the backdoor are needed so you can see whats going on without exposing yourself.
Caladan
zooguy96 said:

S&W M&P Shield EZ .380.
Where can you find one for under $300.00?
Bregxit
AG
I can attest EyeGuy was up at 2:15 because he texted me a followup on some optics at 2:30! Glad you made it through the night brother!
Caladan
2ndChanceAg96 said:

On another note do you recommend a reliable .380 pistol as a truck gun?
I'm not Eyeguy, but I do shoot a lot of.380. If you want something that fills your hand more than a pocket pistol, look at the Bersa Thunder. It is a metal-framed semi similar in size to a Walther PP. If you want something you can pocket, look at the Ruger LCP. It has it's downsides like all pocket pistols, but it is reliable and cheap. If you want something really small (not much need for this in your particular situation), look at the Beretta Pico. I've not used one of these, but they seem to be reliable as long as the shooter does his/her part.

If you go above your price range, then consider the S&W already mentioned, along with a Poly Walther whose name I don't remember. And if you want the king of .380's, find a Sig 230 or 232. And if you decide you want something that is really out in left field, find the .380 variant of the H&K P7.
P.U.T.U
AG
2ndChanceAg96 said:

S&W 9mm shield would be a lot better choice in that price range and more stopping power.
2ndChanceAg96
AG
Thank you for the info Caladan. I have looked at the Ruger but never thought of the Bersa or Beretta.
zooguy96
Occasionally, you can find them on Palmetto State Armory on sale for that price.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
Bigfootisreal
All this talk about truck guns- what is the best console vault for your truck gun? Surely you are not leaving it unlocked within the truck?
Slamn Sharpe
OnlyForNow said:

And remote controlled claymores....

Al Qaeda, is that you?
2ndChanceAg96
AG
Bigfootisreal said:

All this talk about truck guns- what is the best console vault for your truck gun? Surely you are not leaving it unlocked within the truck?
Just an FYI.....I would never. There are many threads on here about vaults for your truck. I won't personally talk about mine b/c the OB Gods may strike me down!! ha! There are some good threads though if you can find them. I'm just lazy.
BuddysBud
AG
Has anyone heard from EyeGuy? His last post was 2:30AM two nights ago really to protect his store from looters.

I just want to make sure that he is ok.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Yeah, I'm a zombie right now... Very little sleep last two nights plus we're doing crazy business right now
SPF250
AG
Live look at EyeGuy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.