Outdoors
Sponsored by

I'm in the stand - Texian Edition

20,107 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DVC2010
TheEyeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
I'm just hoping this isn't a sign of things to come tonight. This **** is getting old. Thankfully dad has been down to trade shifts with me
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
MaxPower
TheEyeGuy said:

rebag00 said:

What exactly are we looking at here? It appears that a person (hard to ID gender) is eating take out on the ground like an animal.
chick licking a takeout styrofoam container in the low doggy position.
Digits?
KaneIsAble
Bregxit
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

rebag00 said:

What exactly are we looking at here? It appears that a person (hard to ID gender) is eating take out on the ground like an animal.
Was she hot?
BCStalk
Crazy chicks eating can definitely be outdoors. I'll allow it.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Bregxit said:

TheEyeGuy said:

rebag00 said:

Was she hot?

She does appear to be reasonably fit but I can guarantee that she falls above the line.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Bregxit said:

TheEyeGuy said:

rebag00 said:

Was she hot?
I'm not answering this question. My wife has posted on this thread.
Bregxit
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Bregxit said:

TheEyeGuy said:

rebag00 said:

Was she hot?
I'm not answering this question. My wife has posted on this thread.

Please say she is the one that said "low doggy position"....
zooguy96
Which poster is EG's wife?!?!?!?!
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
BuddysBud
AG
My wife would interpret that response as, "Yes, she was gorgeous."

Not, "Of course she was hot. It was over 90 degrees outside."
Tx-Ag2010
AG
zooguy96 said:

Which poster is EG's wife?!?!?!?!

I'm gonna go with the one that shares his last name... perhaps it's Arin Jobe???
zooguy96
Oh, no clue. I didn't know his last name.
Buck Turgidson
EyeGuy: I'm sure you have been asked this by others, but why don't you move?!

Second question (for anybody): Collectors Firearms is in a much worse location. Do they get constantly broken into?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

EyeGuy: I'm sure you have been asked this by others, but why don't you move?!

Second question (for anybody): Collectors Firearms is in a much worse location. Do they get constantly broken into?
Answer to the first question is complex. Basically, a number of reasons. First off, my business partner owns the strip center so we get a sweetheart deal on rent (hell,I didn't even pay rent for two years). Secondly, the way I put it is I love my location but hate my neighborhood. We're on Westheimer, barely off of Hwy6 and the closest gun store to American Shooting Center. So, long story short, the positives outweigh the drawbacks. Plus, every store is a target. So, moving wouldn't change that. With margins being small, being able to use rent as a partial subsidy has made a huge difference in profitability during the startup phase. I'll be honest, I have been looking around a bit but haven't exactly seen what would make sense, plus it would cost a good bit of money to move.

In regards to Collectors, they are in the top three stores out there in regards to getting hit. Full Armor and Carter's round out the list. Full Armor is definitely at the top, though.
BSD
AG
I was in the neighborhood on Saturday so I took the opportunity to step into the store and finally meet the famous EyeGuy. While there were no doggy style chicks licking up goodies, I did get a chuckle seeing the air mattress on the floor. He wasn't kidding. He's basically moved in! I feel for you, EyeGuy.

I will say this, it was a pleasure doing business with him. He and his father were a delight to speak with. Now if they can find me that Desert Eagle...
RCR06
AG
I've been by the store several times and the area doesn't seem like a "bad" area. I think its the type of inventory that makes it more of a target than anything. Guns are valuable, portable, and easy to sell.
Bregxit
AG
RCR06 said:

I've been by the store several times and the area doesn't seem like a "bad" area. I think its the type of inventory that makes it more of a target than anything. Guns are valuable, portable, and easy to sell.
West Oaks/Mission Bend have been bad areas for 25 or so years.
76Ag
AG
Is she wearing a tube top and a shower cap or maybe a knit cap? You never seem to have a dull day.
Well we might as well give up and run
If we let 'm take our God and guns.
RCR06
AG
Bregxit said:

RCR06 said:

West Oaks/Mission Bend have been bad areas for 25 or so years.

I'm sure you know better than I do. I guess my idea of a bad area is if I feel uncomfortable there and I never felt that way around eyeguys shop. Could be the time of day I go.
OnlyForNow
AG
How well do you know the area where the shop is?

I certainly wouldn't leave a bag exposed on the seat as I went in to look through the shop.

It's on the edge of a high crime area, that unfortunately meets the standards for break-ins in the Houston demographic
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Let's be honest, there's not much in the way of Houston that isn't next to a high crime area. Would I love to be in a place that's a bit nicer? Sure, but those are targeted areas just because they are nicer. Definitely a catch22
Bregxit
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Let's be honest, there's not much in the way of Houston that isn't next to a high crime area. Would I love to be in a place that's a bit nicer? Sure, but those are targeted areas just because they are nicer. Definitely a catch22
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't criticizing your choice of locale. I was just pointing out to RCR that from Mission Bend on up past West Oaks has been a hot spot for a long time. When I patrolled out there 20 years ago you knew you were in for a busy night working district 4 and it hasn't improved since.

For RCR...during the day it is just property you need to worry about. Don't leave anything in view. After dark, watch your six.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Dad snapped this when he was up relieving me last night
average_joker
AG
Just get a Michael Jordan stand-up and put it on a model train. That worked in the movie Home Alone!
TAMU2013
AG
Tactical flip flops
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
TAMU2013 said:

Tactical flip flops

Seriously, the day I quit the optometrist office was the day that full shoes went out of style with me. I wear flip flops 99% of my life now and love it. If you walk into the store and I'm wearing boots and pants, either someone is getting married or died. Same thing really. Just kidding, Arin.
FamousAgg
The handle makes so much more sense now...
Bregxit
AG
KorbinDallas said:

The handle makes so much more sense now...

Newb
FamousAgg
I have been called worse
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Back in the shop. The Tactical Shih Tzu is staying home tonight. Things seem to have quietened down a good bit and the dog and pony shows they were calling funerals seemed to be pretty straight forward and she seemed exhausted so I left to get some rest.
HeadGames
AG
I love your dog, haha
RCR06
AG
OnlyForNow said:

How well do you know the area where the shop is?

I certainly wouldn't leave a bag exposed on the seat as I went in to look through the shop.

It's on the edge of a high crime area, that unfortunately meets the standards for break-ins in the Houston demographic
Not well at all, again my impression is all based on showing up around lunch time to pick up a few guns.
HalifaxAg
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

rebag00 said:

Meth...it's some nasty stuff
The_Thinker
Is this where we add to your madness by asking for a long list of price checks? I mean your just sitting there at night
DVC2010
AG
Maybe if you took down the "Come and Take It" flag and put up one that says "Sold Out" you could leave the place unattended.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.