Outdoors
Sponsored by

Coming up for air.... this **** has been crazy

15,561 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Woods Ag
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
xMusashix said:

What about finger printing services?
Police stations are halting that, I believe.
NCNJ1217
AG
Eyeguy, I drive past your shop every day to and from work. One of these days I'm going to stop by. Going to let all this mess blow over first.

-Just another guy with an acronym-like Texags handle.
Beetle 92
AG
having around 2-3 thousand rounds at hand
...that's at least (700) 30 round mags.

Math error.

2k rounds equates to (70) 30 round mags.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
xMusashix said:

So are gun stores considered essential business? What about finger printing services?
So, if it comes down to it, I'll fight to stay open due to the fact that we support law enforcement. We are a manufacturer, build rifles specifically for harris county LE and I think that gives us an in to stay open.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
jakeaggie84
AG
So should I sell my extra ammo and put the $ in the market, or should I sell my investments and buy more bullets, gas and toilet paper??
UTExan
CanyonAg77 said:

Aggie304 said:

Well I live in Brenham and three of my six closest neighbors are law enforcement

Never felt the need for a firearm before
I live in an incredibly safe town. I sometimes feel a little silly arming myself. But I look at the world and arm myself, just like I carry homeowners insurance, have fire extinguishers in all my vehicles, and use PPE when dealing with farm chemicals.

But if Sutherland Springs or West Freeway Church of Christ haven't changed your mind, nothing I say will influence you.

Never feel foolish for carrying. You never know when, how or why disaster will strike.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
88planoAg
AG
I can't tell you why everybody is buying guns.

But I can tell you why it crossed my mind.

I'm not a hunter. Family never owned guns growing up. I've slowly come around to the 2A point of view, but I don't have a gun. yet.

But this whole thing has been a study in how absolutely crazy people are, in a group, when scared. I mean, I know that on paper. Dang if those end of the world books weren't right on the money, though! It is writ large now, and it is world wide.

People are or were buying pallets of stuff in Costco and then walking out and looking at their 2 door car and scratching their heads. Someone tried to return a whole bunch of stuff that he had no idea why he had bought, he did it because everyone else was and then realized he didn't need it.

That is some scary *****

And this isn't even a really bad crisis. It was slow to build and most people won't get seriously ill, statistically.

I knew this was coming. I bought extra food in January, finished my oversupply shopping mid February. Then boy did the SHTF.

So I'm considering looking at a gun purchase soon. Not right now, but soon.

That is why.
Ag_07
AG
Well said

One thing I've talked about with my non-gun owning friends is the unknown of what people will do when they can't work and don't have paychecks.

When that strain on people starts to take it's toll is when dangerous things will start to happen. May not be widespread apocalyptic chaos but it may get bad enough that it would push non-gun owners to become gun owners.
The Fife
TheEyeGuy said:

This brings something up. Dear lord, you guys NEED TO TELL ME WHO YOU ARE when you come in. I'm not gouging, but you better believe my prices have gone up. It's mostly because it is getting more expensive to get things in. I'll definitely give good prices to Texags posters, but you need to make sure that I know you're a poster if you come in right now.
I guess the secret Outdoors Board handshake is too secret. Maybe I should just start dropping Doss or Spyderman conspiracy references instead.
AggieChemist
AG
I have nothing to add other than I was bemused to learn that schmerbs is now, among other things, an infectious disease expert.
CTGilley
AG
Just walk in and tell him you are there to buy a toolbox.
Hoyt Ag
AG
That sure would be nice.
swimmerbabe11
I've got a Remington 870 and I need to get some shells. I got a shotgun for Christmas but just haven't made the time to get any. My car got broken into in my driveway last night. I don't have a dog anymore to tell me stuff is up, so it's definitely time to take care of that.

Are you totally out of everything?
cledus6150
AG
If he is out of everything I have a couple boxes of buckshot/slug/bird shot I can spare choose your poison.
swimmerbabe11
Whatever puts holes in the bad guys...
cledus6150
AG
How about a 2 boxes of buck shot (10rounds) and I'll through some bird shot in just so you got it Incase you want to shoot the gun without the punishment of buck.

Is it 12 or 20 gauge?
swimmerbabe11
believe it is a 12 gauge.
RGV AG
AG
With all the craziness and if you are somewhat alone most of the time, might be a good time to look at getting another dog. Shelters are probably is terrible shape right now as I doubt anyone is adopting much.

My experience with rescues has been great. I am actually thinking of adding a member to the current pack we have, but just haven't had time.
swimmerbabe11
yeah, I'm definitely going to get a pup or two soon. I'm wanting a little bitty pup and maybe another Eskie. I loved my Eskie, great alert dog....perfect amount of energy and pretty low maintenance. She was super protective and I miss her lots knowing that no one could have been in my driveway without me knowing when she was alive.

wouldnt mind a great pyrenees...but probably too big for my taste.
RGV AG
AG
Good for you!. Also, if you still need some shells, I have both 20 and 12 buckshot and other stuff. Can send or figure out a way to get to you.

If you are having to WFH or are spending lots of time at home, in all seriousness you might give a shelter a whirl. I am a big fan of rescues as they just seem to know you saved them and, at least mine, prove their gratitude.

PM me or just let me know about the shells.
DayAg!
S
Never underestimate the desperation (or stupidity) of human beings when confronted with starvation or dehydration. It may not seem like much but like one poster said. Let some of these folks start to go without food and water for a bit and things could get real dicey. The only thing that will delay any of this is that the electricity stays on. That one item right there will really put the pressure on everyone.

One other thing, just because you believe you live in a safe neighborhood dont believe that it will continue to be safe if this thing escalates. No one is going to be vandalizing in the crack house neighborhood. They will be coming to your neck of the woods and out of the way places that the cops cant get to very fast. If you live in a rural area, you, in my opinion, will be more likely to be targeted than those in a neighborhood with a lot of people. But only time will tell how it plays out.
"Poor soul, he was just too high strung. I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."
cledus6150
AG
PM sent
jlwhite
S
I like bolt guns!
tlh3842
AG
Hey man, I've sent a couple emails now to this address you referenced. Let me know if you didn't get them or I should try again.
hillcountryag86
AG
Some changes which will affect some wait times --

Good Evening,

The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) remains fully operational. However, due to the COVID-19 protocols, increased transaction volume, and modified staffing schedules, we recognize some federal firearms licensees (FFLs) may be experiencing extended hold times. In order to provide better service, the NICS Section has decided beginning at 12:01 am ET, Tuesday March 31, 2020, to implement a workflow change. This change means that when the FFL calls (telephone) in a NICS check and receives a delay status, they will also receive the Brady Transfer Date from the NICS Contracted Call Center (NCCC). The FFL will not be transferred to a NICS Examiner for further review of the NTN and a possible final status while still on the telephone. The transactions will continue to be worked by a NICS Examiner, however, not while holding the FFL on the telephone.

The NCCC remains fully operational and continues to accept NICS checks from FFL via telephone. Additionally the NICS E-check also remains fully operational.

We continue to work to provide you with timely information to support the firearms background check process.

Thanks,
NICS Business Relations Team

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
tlh3842 said:

Hey man, I've sent a couple emails now to this address you referenced. Let me know if you didn't get them or I should try again.

Saw it last night and getting the store opened now. Will be calling you shortly.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

Some changes which will affect some wait times --

Good Evening,

The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) remains fully operational. However, due to the COVID-19 protocols, increased transaction volume, and modified staffing schedules, we recognize some federal firearms licensees (FFLs) may be experiencing extended hold times. In order to provide better service, the NICS Section has decided beginning at 12:01 am ET, Tuesday March 31, 2020, to implement a workflow change. This change means that when the FFL calls (telephone) in a NICS check and receives a delay status, they will also receive the Brady Transfer Date from the NICS Contracted Call Center (NCCC). The FFL will not be transferred to a NICS Examiner for further review of the NTN and a possible final status while still on the telephone. The transactions will continue to be worked by a NICS Examiner, however, not while holding the FFL on the telephone.

The NCCC remains fully operational and continues to accept NICS checks from FFL via telephone. Additionally the NICS E-check also remains fully operational.

We continue to work to provide you with timely information to support the firearms background check process.

Thanks,
NICS Business Relations Team

We do all of ours online, so we did notice some reduction in "researching time" but those were pretty much just instadelay.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
And I'm trying to get back to everyone right now, this has been insane. Literally was pulling stuff out of my dad and I's personal inventories to sell because of the backlog of getting product in. But, looks like we're getting nearly fully restocked today. This **** has been insane. Slowed down a bit with the Houston shutdown but still been much busier than usual.
hillcountryag86
AG
Think I mentioned earlier I've sold some 'dog' inventory in all this mess. E Check works pretty well. If I get a delay, unless I know the person, I do not transfer after three days. People I've never seen coming in.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

Think I mentioned earlier I've sold some 'dog' inventory in all this mess. E Check works pretty well. If I get a delay, unless I know the person, I do not transfer after three days. People I've never seen coming in.
Yeah, every single pistol that I had in store before the craziness is gone save one. Defense shotguns too, including a mossberg that was forgotten about in the back room for three years and did not look pretty. I'm a little more liberal on transferring out than you but it is a case by case basis. If I have any reason to feel otherwise, we're waiting but well spoken, clean cut people are going pretty quickly. Plus, we have gotten quite a few back before the 3 days anyways.
DatTallArchitect
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Yeah, every single pistol that I had in store before the craziness is gone save one.

Curious what the pistol is that you can't sell
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Yeah, every single pistol that I had in store before the craziness is gone save one.

Curious what the pistol is that you can't sell
S&W Police Trade in
Watchful Ag
AG
I know it's crazy for you guys right now ... but for all the help you provide the OB, I'm glad you're extremely busy and business is good
lb3
AG
Woods Ag
AG
Where the f*** is my gun, EyeGuy! Im ready to waste some ammo at the range down the road!

I'm gonna start hanging out at the shop for the shipment!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.