Outdoors
Sponsored by

Coming up for air.... this **** has been crazy

15,554 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Woods Ag
TheEyeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Ok, so I apologize for mostly disappearing over the last two weeks. The only thing I can even remotely compare this to would be what I think Sandy Hook had to be like, and I wasn't in industry yet then so I'm just guessing. I am essentially OUT of handguns and have people hanging around the shop at lunch time WAITING for shipments to come in.

I was hoping things would start to slow down a bit (yes, I actually want to make less money) as this crap is stressful. I'm not kidding when I say this... people walk in the store... ask for a glock... we're out. Ok, do you have a S&W? Nope, we're out. What do you have? I have this used police trade in 9mm for $450... Ok, I'll take it.

And ammo... my god the ammo... I've been reserving pretty much all standard ammo for people that are buying guns. I had someone offer me $50 a box on 9mm ammo yesterday.

The feds say they are seeing a 300-400% increase... we've been doing a 8-10x multiplier every day for the last week and a half. It's been running me ragged. Got home last night, cooked a kickass ribeye and crashed in bed at 8PM. Work up at 3 and did some background checks because the system was so waterlogged yesterday that we couldn't do any checks and then feel asleep again at 7AM. I just woke up a bit ago.

Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Watchful Ag
AG
The hero we need, but not the one we deserve.
cz308
If people are just now buying, they were never prepared to begin with.
BCStalk
I might be one of those guys calling you and pestering about things I kinda already knew wouldn't be available.

Sorry
RebelE91
Slamn Sharpe
The trade I made for ammo doesnt look so bad now. Traded the 12 gauge for 260 rounds of Hornady match 6.5 CM. S&W model 1012
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
BCStalk said:

I might be one of those guys calling you and pestering about things I kinda already knew wouldn't be available.

Sorry
This brings something up. Dear lord, you guys NEED TO TELL ME WHO YOU ARE when you come in. I'm not gouging, but you better believe my prices have gone up. It's mostly because it is getting more expensive to get things in. I'll definitely give good prices to Texags posters, but you need to make sure that I know you're a poster if you come in right now.

If anyone is looking for anything, let me know and I'll see what I have coming. Ammo is limited to people buying guns, for the most part, but I do have more coming in plus I have a lot of guns on order. I have roughly three times my normal inventory on order right now, but it's all sorts of jacked on when it will get here. Shipping times from RSR have gone from overnight to nearly a week so I'm having to kind of plan out what we are ordering and when.

I do have ONE glock 19x coming in, a few p365s, Hellcats, XDs, Masadas, Caniks... it's all coming just not sure when. I also have a couple defensive shotguns. On the AR front, I am cranking them out as fast as I can. Those with custom builds in process, please be patient on those. I'll be doing some extra special hookups on those as we get through this due to the delays.
BCStalk
I'm not worried about it. Everything I was looking for I was willing to pay above MSR. Just needed things that were not available retail. Ended up having to go to gunbroker. I just always try and contact you first since you've treated me well in the past. Actually going to have to drive to Primary Arms tomorrow for a Hellcat with the red dot. Only one I could find within 3 hours. I will continue calling you first in the future once things calm down.
hillcountryag86
AG
My inventory is bare after yesterday. You are right, people just wanted a gun.

I sold some inventory I've had for three years.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

My inventory is bare after yesterday. You are right, people just wanted a gun.

I sold some inventory I've had for three years.
Yeah, I'm moving stuff that I thought would take forever to leave. Now, if something could happen to make bolt guns super popular, live would be awesome lol
PharmD4
AG
Just curious how much conversation you get into with the buyers... do any of them state their reasoning for wanting the gun right now?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
PharmD4 said:

Just curious how much conversation you get into with the buyers... do any of them state their reasoning for wanting the gun right now?
There's not much convo to be had right now, but pretty much all are freaking out over covid.
cz308
TheEyeGuy said:

PharmD4 said:

There's not much convo to be had right now, but pretty much all are freaking out over covid.
Cause firearms sitting around will contract the Covid-19? lol, this stuff these last few weeks is crazy.
Madman
AG
cz308 said:

If people are just now buying, they were never prepared to begin with.
As I stated on another thread I have been in two gun stores in the last week.

The questions I heard coming out of the mouths of these new gun buyers were something else. A positive is maybe they will be more 2A minded in the future and not forget that they own a firearm.
AgTech88
AG
Talked to your dad yesterday about a Ruger LCR - looking for one in 9MM preferably. Let me know if you have any coming.
AgTech88
Hoyt Ag
AG
Any word on my Omega getting pushed through? I figured you were busy.
clinte234
AG
TexAgs price on the P365 when you get a chance? Thanks!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Hoyt Ag said:

Any word on my Omega getting pushed through? I figured you were busy.
So, I have a new cell phone coming in, should be here Tues/wed. I sent a reply through my computer but not sure if it went through, but things are looking pretty good right now. I'll see if I can check with her this week.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
rsmithtesiusa said:

Talked to your dad yesterday about a Ruger LCR - looking for one in 9MM preferably. Let me know if you have any coming.
I just snagged the last LCRX (hammer version) from RSR. They would have it to me either fri or tues the week after. $575. Let me know if you want. No hammerless in stock. If you want, I can bob the hammer on this.
TheVarian
AG
EyeGuy,

Got any 43X's coming in soon?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
TheVarian said:

EyeGuy,

Got any 43X's coming in soon?
Negative. 48s en route plus Vickers 43s (9 round cap plus extended slide release and mag release plus special sights) but no 43Xs.
TheVarian
AG
Noted. Put one aside for me if you do happen to find it.
AgLawman
AG
EyeGuy,

I can't remember whether you handle Sigs...any P238s?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
AgLawman said:

EyeGuy,

I dont stock any but can get them. I have a 938 extreme in store though.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
AgLawman said:

EyeGuy,

Actually, I have a scorpion in store. It's my personal one but I'd like to upgrade to a 938 so I'd be willing to talk about it.
GasPasser97
AG
How about a group buy on 9mm Critical Defense?

Or 300 BO subsonic fragmenting rounds?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
GasPasser97 said:

How about a group buy on 9mm Critical Defense?

Or 300 BO subsonic fragmenting rounds?
That would involve me actually being able to order it.... ]
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Funny thing is... had my dad down this week as we were about to make a play to buy out my partner. It was the opportune time to do things as gun sales have been slow for the last year and my partner was getting a bit antsy. Then, this happens. Welp... at least I had an extra retail employee for the last week.
UTExan
TheEyeGuy said:

BCStalk said:

Sorry
This brings something up. Dear lord, you guys NEED TO TELL ME WHO YOU ARE when you come in. I'm not gouging, but you better believe my prices have gone up. It's mostly because it is getting more expensive to get things in. I'll definitely give good prices to Texags posters, but you need to make sure that I know you're a poster if you come in right now.

If anyone is looking for anything, let me know and I'll see what I have coming. Ammo is limited to people buying guns, for the most part, but I do have more coming in plus I have a lot of guns on order. I have roughly three times my normal inventory on order right now, but it's all sorts of jacked on when it will get here. Shipping times from RSR have gone from overnight to nearly a week so I'm having to kind of plan out what we are ordering and when.

I do have ONE glock 19x coming in, a few p365s, Hellcats, XDs, Masadas, Caniks... it's all coming just not sure when. I also have a couple defensive shotguns. On the AR front, I am cranking them out as fast as I can. Those with custom builds in process, please be patient on those. I'll be doing some extra special hookups on those as we get through this due to the delays.

Your customers should not overlook the Caniks: great accurate weapons for the retail price.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
tlh3842
AG
Hey man. I know you're crazy busy especially now, but over the last few weeks I've text you a couple times from a 936 area code and then emailed the owner@texian address. Trying to get a price on some Costas for my wife, if they're still an option.
SECeded
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
tlh3842 said:

Hey man. I know you're crazy busy especially now, but over the last few weeks I've text you a couple times from a 936 area code and then emailed the owner@texian address. Trying to get a price on some Costas for my wife, if they're still an option.
Yes, and actually, I think costa is about to have tor eplace a lost shipment. Send an email to the eyeguytex@gmail.com address and I'll definitely still hook you up.
flipper94
AG
That's why I love this guy. There is some crazy **** going on right now and he will definitely take care of his texags family. I am needing or wanting, not sure which, a new 1911. I will come see you when this **** is over. Dan Wesson most likely. You got me hooked on the CZs and I want more stuff. Hang tough through this and let us know when it calms down. I still want a new AR for my boy too. Gonna make a hell of a return when all this settles down.
AgTech88
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

rsmithtesiusa said:

I just snagged the last LCRX (hammer version) from RSR. They would have it to me either fri or tues the week after. $575. Let me know if you want. No hammerless in stock. If you want, I can bob the hammer on this.
9MM? Barrel length?
AgTech88
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
rsmithtesiusa said:

TheEyeGuy said:

rsmithtesiusa said:

9MM?
Yep
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.