Outdoors
Sponsored by

LOL Neighbors put two big ass box blinds on us.

39,854 Views | 206 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aTm2004
atm86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
will.mcg said:

Why hasn't the landowner cut off all unfamiliar locks yet?
Replace ALL the locks. Then sit back and watch the fun.
Kenneth_2003
AG
atm86 said:

will.mcg said:

Why hasn't the landowner cut off all unfamiliar locks yet?
Replace ALL the locks. Then sit back and watch the fun.
I've become a big fan of the Lock wheel. Each lock sits in a hole in a vertical rotating wheel. You remove your lock and rotate the wheel so that a barrel bolt can then slide back into the hole your lock occupied. Your hole gives the barrel bolt the travel it needs to clear the securement on the gate post.

As land owner you can lock out any un-used holes and without the right tools no one is going to add a lock to the wheel.
sunchaser
AG
Kenneth_2003
AG
Ones I've seen were like this...

swampstander
AG
The only one I've seen looks like Sunchaser's. Kenneth's looks way easier to use.
sunchaser
AG
....both have the same flaw if someone shows up with a cutoff tool and wants in. If that starts happening you can surround the barrel with more plate and putting the locks in the annulus. Not as owner friendly.

In both of the cases it's a plus to know how many locks you have, who has access and someone can't catch it unlocked and hook into another lock.
swampstander
AG
sunchaser said:

surround the barrel with more plate and putting the locks in the annulus. Not as owner friendly.
If I remember correctly this describes the one I used to go through. There was no easy way to access the lock to cut it off. It's been several years..
culdeus
AG
sunchaser said:

....both have the same flaw if someone shows up with a cutoff tool and wants in. If that starts happening you can surround the barrel with more plate and putting the locks in the annulus. Not as owner friendly.

In both of the cases it's a plus to know how many locks you have, who has access and someone can't catch it unlocked and hook into another lock.
What gate/lock combo doesn't have this flaw?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Tynanz06 said:

I've been following this post out of curiosity. I live a couple miles away from there Nw of Oakwood down 340. If you get onto Freestone County Appraisal District and click on the interactive map, it'll show all the land owners, deeds, etc. It does show that the neighbor owns 12.5 acre section of land inside y'alls side of the fence. However it's not the area that he has the feeders and blinds located.
I recognized this track of land when you posted it. Pretty sure a few years ago he was advertising day hunts for $300 on Craigslist.
so, track down the trailer trash property and find us a facebook page.
SweaterVest
AG
culdeus said:

sunchaser said:

What gate/lock combo doesn't have this flaw?
All holes on a ranch lock have to be filled with a lock. If only 3 out of 6 holes are needed the other three need to be filled with a lock. If you don't keep track of the extra locks someone could cut one off and add their own to access the property without being noticed.
eluwak5447
AG
AggieGunslinger said:

Yep, a few years ago I did a deal with "The Estate of...", The lady died in 1932, they never closed the Estate.

A buddy just tried to buy some acreage that bordered his, got to the title policy stage and it was discovered that 12 people.owned the tract, 1 had been paying the taxes for years and the 11 others didn't know they owned an interest. If you are in O&G or rural real estate you see it often enough to not be surprised. Everyone reads Grandma's will and sees Junior gets the land but never probates the Will so everyone gets the land... ALWAYS PROBATE THE WILL!

How much to file a suit to quiet title?
AnScAggie
AG
sunchaser said:

Yep these are great until the time when you move the spindle and disturb a yellowjacket nest. Happened to me when I was looking at ranches a few years ago.
SharkinAg
AG
AnScAggie said:

sunchaser said:

Yep these are great until the time when you move the spindle and disturb a yellowjacket nest. Happened to me when I was looking at ranches a few years ago.

At least you can dump a gallon of gasoline on it and set it on fire without causing much if any damage other than the destruction of those *******s
sunchaser
AG
That should keep someone from using a hacksaw or a cut off tool.....
schmellba99
AG
This thread has all the makings of a centerpole nookie in the middle of the day in the corn field thread.
sunchaser
AG
It was cotton and I thought it was all made up until he sent me the game camera pics...
up-n-aTm
AG
schmellba99 said:

This thread has all the makings of a centerpole nookie in the middle of the day in the corn field thread.
Link please!
schmellba99
AG
sunchaser said:

It was cotton and I thought it was all made up until he sent me the game camera pics...
That's right, cotton. It's been a while...
Meaux92
Yeah, speaking of threads that didn't deliver!
Centerpole90
AG
I'm flagging everyone from schmellba on down for

• derail
  • trolling
  • making fun of another poster
  • dogpiling

Ya'll should be ashamed of yourselves for derailing the OP like that.
txags92
AG
Centerpole90 said:

• derail
  • trolling
  • dogpiling

I just gave them each a blue star for you...
TarponChaser
Centerpole90 said:

• derail
  • trolling
  • dogpiling

Well don't be a tease man.
highlonesomeaggie
AG
Bump just to see if there is any update?
CS78
If there's one thing I've learned on hunting sites over the years, 95% of the time when there's a "trespasser", there's more to the story.
aggielostinETX
AG
JJMt said:

highlonesomeaggie said:

OP has gone from righteously indignant to strangely silent.
He's still correct. The spots he pointed where the stands are illegally placed are owned by his buddy. The "other" land owned by the day leaser is close but not there.
dmart90
AG
Just read this whole thread. Disappointed in the cliffhanger ending...
swampstander
AG
JJMt said:

highlonesomeaggie said:

Sorry, didn't mean to bail, just nothing to report.
txags92
AG
swampstander said:

JJMt said:

highlonesomeaggie said:

Sorry, didn't mean to bail, just nothing to report.

Well then make something up! We were counting on you to entertain us...
Slamn Sharpe
While we wait for the OP can we get some pics of trashy hot women?

Asking for a friend
RCR06
AG
Two weeks later. Their stands are still on your lease? No conversation or confrontation with neighbors? Nothing has happened?
aTm2004
AG
There may or may not be 25 pounds of tannerite buried under each.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.