Outdoors
Sponsored by

LOL Neighbors put two big ass box blinds on us.

39,850 Views | 206 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aTm2004
swampstander
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A friend owns a bunch of ranch land in Leon and Freestone counties. He lets me hunt on one piece that's about 3000 acres. 90% pasture. There is one small section of property of about 90 acres that we surround. This piece has some lease hunters on it and at least 5 stands/ feeders on the 40 acres or so of woods. Over this past weekend two 4x6 box blinds with feeders were moved to our side of the fence. Food plots planted and everything. I have to assume these guys are unaware of the boundaries but damn,they have been on that property for at least 5 years. I called the game warden and got a kick out of him standing in front of their cellular game camera smiling and holding up his business card. Funniest thing is that the two box blinds are about 250 yds apart, looking directly at each other, with two feeders in between. And these people vote.
swampstander
AG

To put it in perspective. The white outline is their 90 acres. Red circles are known stands/ feeders on their place. Yellow circles are the new box blinds brought in. Blue circles are their feeders, green circle is a food plot. Triangles are our existing stands. Real head scratcher.
STX Ag
AG
They've hunted 40 acres for 5 years and don't know where the property line is?

Is there a fence?
Trinity Ag
S
STX Ag said:

They've hunted 40 acres for 5 years and don't know where the property line is?

Is there a fence?
It sounds like it.

Quote:

Over this past weekend two 4x6 box blinds with feeders were moved to our side of the fence.

How did they get the box blinds over the fence?
txaggie02
AG
That map really puts things into perspective on how some people hunt. That's beyond ridiculous. Shouldn't have more than 1 stand/feeder on that 90 acres.
STX Ag
AG
God catch. And good question.
CS78
Gotta be some new hunters for this season that are bad with maps and directions.
dr_boogs
PFG
AG
5 stands on 40 acres.

I simply cannot fathom.
swampstander
AG
The two stars are gates, pink lines are roads. There is a lot of oilfield activity on the property most of which enters through the north gate. My hunting buddy and I are typically the only ones using the southern gate. Sometime over the summer a new lock appeared on the southern gate. I did not ask the landowner because he had some dirt work done in the summer (i was gone most of June-July). I thought the lock must have been left by the contractor. I assume somehow they got a lock on the gate. Thats how they got in.
swampstander
AG
PFG said:

5 stands on 40 acres.

I simply cannot fathom.
That's all I can see from my side of the fence. Could be more in the middle.
tamc93
AG
In.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
swampstander
AG
Here is the East blind. Not sure if you can zoom in enough to see the other.

tamc93
AG
Damn...looks like they are throwing skeet at each other....
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
rootube
AG
swampstander said:

To put it in perspective. The white outline is their 90 acres. Red circles are known stands/ feeders on their place. Yellow circles are the new box blinds brought in. Blue circles are their feeders, green circle is a food plot. Triangles are our existing stands. Real head scratcher.
I don't know anything about hunting or the legal implications of trespassing but my extensive call of duty experience tells me that you appear to have the high ground and they are surrounded. I would pull my orange triangles behind that tree line and issue an ultimatum for unconditional surrender.
Rexter
Looks like their blinds are all set up to hunt out from their acreage.
tamc91
AG
This kind of nonsense is not uncommon in Leon and Freeatone counties.
BaitShack
AG
I'm not a hunter, but great graphic.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Throw a curveball and put a lock on their box blind doors.

Or just take screws and screw the doors closed. That'd be pretty awesome.
BanderaAg956
Knock the blinds down, leave the feeders and food plot alone!
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Assert dominance

Put your own stand next to their food plot, stand, and feeder.

agenjake
Pretty sure you're hunting next to my relatives.
swampstander
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

Throw a curveball and put a lock on their box blind doors.

Or just take screws and screw the doors closed. That'd be pretty awesome.

Game warden actually suggested that I nail the door shut on one of the blinds. But I did not have a hammer/ nail with me. The cold front had just come through when we're out there. The door had blown open and would not stay latched. Crappy insulation was being blown all over the pasture. The landowner is beside himself. I've never seen him so mad.
CS78
Some of yall would pee yourself if you saw one of my spots. 5 feeders on 14 acres. My neighbors don't seem to mind and I've drawn the deer population up over 1 per acre.
swampstander
AG
agenjake said:

Pretty sure you're hunting next to my relatives.

Tell them to get off my lawn!

To be fair I have not seen or talked to any of the hunters on that place. The blinds or one of them at least was on that property previously.
Ragoo
AG
One of our neighbors has a feeder about 10' from our fence line. Right on the corner of the property. Their property makes an L shape around ours. They have a box blind about 75 yards away towards the middle of their property. Their property is cleared out with a handful of large trees and cows. Ours is heavily wooded and holds deer. They have to intentionally shoot at our property with a high powered rifle from less than 100 yards away to kill a deer under their feeder.
Apache
AG
Quote:

Funniest thing is that the two box blinds are about 250 yds apart, looking directly at each other, with two feeders in between.

This only a bad idea if hunters are in the both blinds at the same time.
I have a couple of similar setups with bow stands... I hunt in whichever blind is down wind.
Jbob04
AG
dubi
AG
In
schmellba99
AG
txaggie02 said:

That map really puts things into perspective on how some people hunt. That's beyond ridiculous. Shouldn't have more than 1 stand/feeder on that 90 acres.
Depends on the people, how they hunt and a few other things really.

If they are bow hunters, having that many stands isn't a big deal - especially if it's only a couple of folks and they hunt different stands based on conditions.

Doesn't sound like these cats are those types though, so yeah - beyond stupid the way they are set up.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Sounds like the only option is to drop a big steaming deuce in each of their stands. Let me know if you need help. Had 2 big bowls of chili for dinner last night.
COSciAG
No kidding. Been hunting Leon county for about a decade now and this is the norm on most neighboring properties.
will.mcg
AG
Why hasn't the landowner cut off all unfamiliar locks yet?
swampstander
AG
Another fun story from that place. About 5 years ago on opening morning of rifle season I was sitting in the stand marked by the left orange triangle. A few minutes after dawn I swear I started hearing voices to my left along the creek. This went on for several minutes. Pretty soon out pops a dog that looked just like Pete the Pup minus the ring around his eye. A minute or so later out popped a couple little kids, boy and girl, laughing and talking and having a great time. The couldn't have been over 6 or 7 years old. I spoke to them in my best grampa voice but scared the crap out of them. I followed them to that trailer house just to the right of that lower pink star. I had to bang on the door till mom got up out of bed (she was kinda trashy-hot if it matters).She promised it wouldn't happen again and it hasn't.
Doc Hayworth
Looks to me, you and your land owner just acquired 2 new box blinds and feeders.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.