Outdoors
Sponsored by

Lt. Gov. Patrick announces plans to "defy the NRA"

9,003 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ghollow
MouthBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"Would you care to go on record with your comments, if they are being implemented as policy and in action?"
ghollow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been thinking about something that might be a good compromise to the "Universal Background Check" everyone on the left and some on the right seem to be clamoring about. I have a number of guns. I buy and sell them occasionally. I have a habit of buying more than I sell though. I would not want to be guy that sold a gun to a nut job that went out and shot a bunch of innocent people.

Why not have a UBC done when ever you renew your DL and have it noted on your DL. It could be optional. In a private sale, you could state in your ad for the gun that you will not sell to someone who has not had a background check done. It would work similar to the CCL except it would not allow you to conceal carry. If you don't want it on your license, you don't have to have it.

I think something is going to happen with this sooner or later based on what is currently coming out of the state and federal government. The law is going to change. I don't want to have to go to a licensed gun dealer and have a check done every time I want to sell a gun privately. I certainly do not want to be the guy that sells a gun to a lunatic either.

Fire away

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.