Outdoors
Sponsored by

Paragon Pipeline

11,705 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by O.G.
sunchaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think I know something and he is correct.

Anytime and I mean anytime people have a legal right to access your property things change. It doesn't matter how good the company is....people are people. The employee "may be" someone that doesn't like to hunt, hike, herp, bike, plink, explore, photograph, varmint but they know someone that does and they will show up.

It really wasn't that long ago that you secured gates with a rabbit latch.....then a chain and lock and then a ranch lock....and in spite of all of that we have had to take legal action against companies to prevent their access.

.....and there is a more difficult version of this one now.

John1248
AG
KaneIsAble said:

Then make them go around you.

If they want to, they will take it from you. Eminent domain. Private property rights no longer exist.

They are finishing up putting a third pipeline through our property. Two in the last 2 years or so. There is no way to stop them if they want it bad enough.

That said, if I had to pick one it would be a pipeline. Better than high transmission lines, rail or something like that. Obviously it limits what you can build on your property. The biggest aggravation is when they're building it but once they're finished it's not so bad.
Mas89
AG
AggieFabricator said:

Mas89 said:

Because once you have one or more pipelines on your property you will have perpetual problems with roads, gates, fences and unwanted mofos on your property. It gets old real fast.

This guy knows nothing, I work in operations/automation for a startup midstream company in Fayette Co and we literally have crews of graders and street sweepers visiting lease roads, pads, etc. it's all about the type of company your doing business with and the contract.
yeah I'm just a ranch owner. I'm sure you probably know more about it than I do...
HTownAg98
Private property has been subject to eminent domain since the 5th Amendment was ratified. In fact, I don't think there hasn't been a time in English law where property rights haven't been subject to the crown/government.
John1248
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Private property has been subject to eminent domain since the 5th Amendment was ratified. In fact, I don't think there hasn't been a time in English law where property rights haven't been subject to the crown/government.

Your right about that. Still chaps me pretty good that a PRIVATE company can invoke eminent domain on you and the government pretty much rolls over every time for it. Oh, you need a THIRD pipeline through my property? No I think two is enough for me thanks. Well, too bad we're gonna just take it. Our profits are at stake.
HTownAg98
Prior to the 5th Amendment, the government would just take it, with no compensation.
fairviewcrew
So does anyone have the actual info on this pipeline? Proposed route? what's it going to be carrying?

My FIL has a place in Hays and I've heard they got contacted so it's probably the same one
aduey06
Just ask for a throughput fee and they will go around.
HTownAg98
fairviewcrew said:

So does anyone have the actual info on this pipeline? Proposed route? what's it going to be carrying?

My FIL has a place in Hays and I've heard they got contacted so it's probably the same one

https://www.kindermorgan.com/content/docs/php_fact_sheet.pdf
There's also more information by googling "Permian Highway Pipeline Project."
Cancelled
AG
aduey06 said:

Just ask for a throughput fee and they will go around.

Sorry, but it doesn't work this way. I exclusively represent landowners on these transportation lines. Frankly, it's my favorite type of case.

If you mean they pay a rental for crossing the property, I have never seen a company offer or pay a throughput fee...at least on a transportation line. All they have to do is condemn it and pay market value.

There's a lot that attorneys can do, but I tell my clients from the get go that the line is coming in - unless we can somehow show that the company doesn't have eminent domain.

O.G.
HTownAg98 said:

fairviewcrew said:

https://www.kindermorgan.com/content/docs/php_fact_sheet.pdf
There's also more information by googling "Permian Highway Pipeline Project."
PHP/Kinder Morgan is not the same line as the OP mentioned. Totally different pipeline completely.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.