Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bigfoot

35,012 Views | 186 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Badace52
TX scallywAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here's a solid interview from the Stuff They Don't Want You to Know crew with David Paulides. He gets into the big picture, several specific cases, and common anomalies.

https://www.stufftheydontwantyoutoknow.com/podcasts/paulides.htm

---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
Redstone
AG
America's first investigative journalist, Charles Fort, has provided us with an important method of thinking, the Fortean.

Be open to the supernatural and preternatural, but gather evidence as if you were to present to a court.

Documents, Eyewitness Testimony, Physical Evidence, Patterns, Circumstances, and the absence thereof.

What did those close to the event(s) say? Were they silenced?

What patterns can be detected across time and environment?

Do we have documents and financial records? What was missing? What remains missing?

What does the circumstantial evidence suggest? Are there patterns of behavior for persons and institutions?

The Fortean method has wide application. For preternatural events, for example, it is useful to look for patterns of people's subjective experiences. The truth tends to be subjectively experienced. (A believing Catholic such as Mary Ann Winkowski is not that different in her reports of uncrossed spirits - ghosts - than a non- or other believer, and consistently so.)
Redstone
AG
When the Fortean is applied to disappearances in the NP deep woods, we see:

- red clothing and accessories, possibly more often than other colors
- reports of green-ish lights
- the park service withholding information and documents
- total silence when persons were immediately before within easy ear and eyeshot
- recovered children reporting the "help" of animals
- recovered children and adults being shocked at the passage of "real time"
- with objects in the sky, movements reported not known to be possible by aircraft of that time, done in silence
Swarely
Which one?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Missing 411
TX scallywAG
AG
Another common element is being near a rock quarry.
---
JD Shellnut
AG
Just watched the missing 411 documentary. It was very interesting and creepy.
Bighunter43
AG
Drifter. said:

Just watched the missing 411 documentary. It was very interesting and creepy.

What did you watch it on? Netflix? I'd like to see it!
JD Shellnut
AG
It was on iTunes movies.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
You rent it on Prime as well
Swarely
Also on Hulu.
Bighunter43
AG
Swarely said:

Also on Hulu.

We've got Hulu.....we're on it! Thanks
John1248
AG
Sasquatch is real. I've seen him in commercials.
Stat Monitor Repairman
IDAGG said:

Or NITESIDE's epic post about Sasquatch somewhere in the North Cascades....
The only reason l believe that Bigfoot exists is due to NITESIDE's story.
BenFiasco14
AG
FSGuide said:

There you go. Best I got. My wife swears it was a tree stump but I swear that "tree stump" was not there the next day when we went up the same ridge.
Thanks for showing the goods. Not gonna lie, that's a creepy photo if nothing else. That definitely looks like a person. Gave me chills.
jakeaggie84
AG
Aggie MHA said:

Haven't double checked, but I think that is the one Les Stroud tried to recreate and said it's impossible. He tried to replicate the path for the 411 movie.

That story alone should have you questioning what you know about the woods. A 6 year did what Survivor Man couldn't. Something very strange went down.

The one you are thinking of is Even stranger. It was a 2 year old in oregon that traveled 8 miles up two mountains in 19 hours and les Stroud concluded it was very unlikely a 2 year old could do that in their own.
Swarely
You have a link? I'd love to read about that.
TX scallywAG
AG
Got it. Wow... 2.

Yeah, think I remember the other one now. Was it the kid where some hikers think they caught a glimpse of him way up on a cliff side?

I'm going to re-listen to the interview I posted earlier. Been a bit. Fascinating to hear him lay out these occurrences.
---
AgTDub
AG
Watched it last night. The 2 yr old was found alive 19hrs later and is 65 now but has no recollection of the event.
IDAGG
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

IDAGG said:

I tend to believe it is a well-spun tale. Very entertaining to say the least. I try to leave open the possibility that Bigfoot exist, but for all of the reasons noted in this thread, it is probably highly unlikely.
ironmanag
AG
IDAGG said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

IDAGG said:

I tend to believe it is a well-spun tale. Very entertaining to say the least. I try to leave open the possibility that Bigfoot exist, but for all of the reasons noted in this thread, it is probably highly unlikely.
This is exactly how I feel about it.
ought1ag
AG
Goonie Goo Goo!!!!

CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
ought1ag said:

Goonie Goo Goo!!!!

*****WARNING*****
IF UNEDITED, THIS VIDEO IS NSFW SO ACT ACCORDINGLY
*****END OF TRANSMISSION*****

It is still very, VERY funny after all of these years.
jakeaggie84
AG
Swarely said:

Watched the movie people posted earlier on Hulu. Missing 411. If you have Hulu. Also talks about making that movie in the podcast link earlier in this thread.
AZAG08
AG
jakeaggie84 said:

Swarely said:

Watched the movie people posted earlier on Hulu. Missing 411. If you have Hulu. Also talks about making that movie in the podcast link earlier in this thread.
Watched the movie this evening when I got home. Interesting cases
Bobcat06
AG
I recently stumbled across Bob Gymlan's (ironic name is ironic) videos and can't stop watching them.

They are very well done.

Bobcat06
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

In this day and age with game cameras everywhere and night vision scopes and thermal technology, if squatch were out there in TX, LA or FL, he would have been seen already.

If you start talking about massive wilderness areas in places like BC, it's a possibility but still almost zero evidence to support it and I personally believe it's a hoax.

I love watching those shows and the interviews with the cryptozoologists... it just blows my mind that you're alledging that there is a breeding population of some sort of giant ape out there with almost zero fossil evidence to support it.
How much fossil evidence existed to support the existence of gorillas prior to their verification?
Null and Void
West Virginia encounter
Aggie1205
AG
Why does every website about bigfoot look like it was designed by a HS student for a class project?
AgEng06
AG
Null and Void said:

West Virginia encounter
Well, that's something...

This mofo has had multiple encounters, huh?
Quote:

OBSERVED: On July 21st this year I was cutting grass at my Nephew's place on the Glady road. At around 8:30 I heard a Bigfoot start yelling from the nearby point. I know what they sound like for I have seen one when I was around 12 years-old and three in the past few years. They call me Daniel Boone because I spend a lot of time in the woods. And I have heard them a lot of times. On 9/11/16 I was at the old farm that was once our Grandfathers, my nephew owns it now. I have a few trout in an old spring barrel at one of the springs. On 9/11/16 I went to feed the trout, but when I got there the cows were already there drinking. I looked down and in the soft mud was two fresh tracks. I ran the cows away and got my plaster paris out of the car. I made a cast of the right print, the left one set at an angle, the plaster would have run out of the track. So I got the right one, it turned out ok.
And then was able to take this pic...

BoozerRed78
AG
If Bigfoot ain't real, then neither is rasslin!
Cancelled
AG
How do BF believers get over the scientific notion that a species become extinct when it no longer has the genetic diversity to propagate itself? That is, we have very limited areas on earth that are not well traveled by humans. A species in the wild would need what, at least 1000 individuals to have genetic diversity? How have we not found one corpse or have more than eye witness accounts?
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Bobcat06 said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

In this day and age with game cameras everywhere and night vision scopes and thermal technology, if squatch were out there in TX, LA or FL, he would have been seen already.

If you start talking about massive wilderness areas in places like BC, it's a possibility but still almost zero evidence to support it and I personally believe it's a hoax.

I love watching those shows and the interviews with the cryptozoologists... it just blows my mind that you're alledging that there is a breeding population of some sort of giant ape out there with almost zero fossil evidence to support it.
How much fossil evidence existed to support the existence of gorillas prior to their verification?

Is this a serious question? Wow.
IDAGG
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Bobcat06 said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

He posts on the Q Anon thread so yes, he is probably serious.
Bobcat06
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Bobcat06 said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

No, it's not a serious question. It's a rhetorical question.

The entirety of gorilla fossil record ever excavated consists of nine teeth. They were found in 2007; 160 years after the existence of gorilla was verified. Prior to verification of gorilla's existence, there was no fossil record supporting their existence.

Fossilization is a chemical process requiring the subject to be buried in sediment then immersed in water as minerals crystallize forming a rock impression of the subject's bone or tissue. Some ecosystems, like mesopelagic aquatic zones, are very conducive to fossilization and produced tons of fossils. Other ecosystems, like the highland cloud forests found in the Congo and Pacific Northwest, are not conducive to fossilization and produce very few fossils.

But when the facts don't support your narrative, feel free to deflect or resort to ad hominems.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.