Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bigfoot

35,005 Views | 186 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Badace52
rather be fishing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hunt for the Skinwalker is a good book.
Redstone
AG
Let's only think about national parks for a moment. How many total people have disappeared - no body dead or alive - since Teddy Roosevelt authorized formal search and rescue?

We don't know. The NPS has a very deserved reputation for keeping records out of the public's hands, even as large search and rescue operations are undertaken. Privacy for families? Sure, but why for decades? How many have disappeared without a trace? Thousands would be a conservative estimate.
Redstone
AG
Objective reality is collectively experienced and understood through subjective lives, over and over, across time and environment.

And some environments are "thin," where smart and trustworthy people report similiar things.

But the good thing for the materialists on this board: one way or another, eventually you will find out.

I believe Bigfoot exists in this sense. It is a real phenomenon that has entered our human hivemind because we can experience a paranormal or preternatural occurance.
jakeaggie84
AG
Aggie MHA said:

I believe the only mammals found on every continent (excluding Antarctica) are mice/rats. Bigfoot like creatures are sited on all these as well which is my biggest issue. Not enough food source in all those places.

This leaves me two main thoughts:

1. It's something engrained in the humans psyche we don't understand. We see the boogie man as some residual predator/prey instinct. This explains worldwide sightings for hundreds/thousands of years.

2. We are catching a glimpse of something not an animal. This would explain:
- No bodies
- Worldwide sightings
- Blurry photos

Perhaps it's something spiritual, or evil, we aren't meant to be seeing...

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that..." - Genesis 6:4

While I love the biological creature idea, it's hard to believe for me. I'll probably catch some flack for the second theory but I don't mind. The Nephilim (also the Watchers) and their giant descendants are a fascinating theological discussion, and I'm surprised it doesn't get brought up more in Bigfoot theories.

Regardless of what you think, here's an awesome encounter from Les Stroud, Survivor Man.

The second story is great...

Survivor man Bigfoot episodes?! I would love that. So much better thantge fat hippies walking around for an hour at night with a10 man crew making noise.
TX scallywAG
AG
All of season 6 of Survivor Man is dedicated to bigfoot. Overall, it's a solid season. There's one episode in particular where he is filming with a polarizing figure (Todd Standing IIR his name correctly) that never should have aired IMO. That episode is just dumb. The other 6 or so were very entertaining.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
whatthehey78
AG
Thousands of miles of highway, traveled day & night by millions of trucks, cars, vans, etc., etc.... with tens of thousands wild game (+ some people) struck and killed every year and yet....not ONE sasquatch carcass. Think about it.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
ttha_aggie_09
AG
whatthehey78 said:

Thousands of miles of highway, traveled day & night by millions of trucks, cars, vans, etc., etc.... with tens of thousands wild game (+ some people) struck and killed every year and yet....not ONE sasquatch carcass. Think about it.

Maybe they're like the vampires in Blade that just vanish into ash and blow away when they perish?
SanAntoneAg
AG
OP, are you Chester Moore, editor of Texas Fish & Gsme magazine?

He wants to believe. Check that, he believes.
Gig 'em! '90
Wrighty
AG
What if they are super-hibernators?

They're huge and would require a lot of energy to be active daily. And would deplete any local food source.

So they only emerge every 20 years, after local deer and wildlife populations have restocked. There is a 3 day frenzy where use their super human strength and speed to catch and eat everything in their path (no survivors). Then they hibernate again for 20 years. No one sees them and science scoffs at the silliness of this man-ape-Sasquatch.

Memories fade in time and people scoff at their elders stories which are passed down, but everyone instinctually knows that at night out there in the woods, once in a while something actually IS out there. Fear of the dark is actually fear of the Bigfoot awakening.

So the moral is that if you see a Sasquatch and it doesn't eat you immediately, it must be mating season and you better run.
JoeCephas1974
You had better keep that attitude away from the Snake Thread!
Fair winds and a following sea.
suburban cowboy
AG
My uncle saw a squatch near Miller Lake which is near the mouth of the Trinity River in Wallisville.

They were water fowl hunting the swamp there and were perched behind some bald cypress trees when they saw it in the distance. Said he almost crapped his pants and let it go. Couple hours later they took their flat bottom boat in the area they saw the squatch and the water was well over 7 feet deep.
Your Friend
Les Stroud saw one. Good enough for me
Redstone
AG
My effortposts from last night remain unstarred?
JCA1
AG
If there was a creature with the size, strength, speed combination of Bigfoot, Tim Brewster would have already tweeted fire emojis at him to get him to Aggieland to play ball. That's how I know he doesn't exist.
Micky80
AG
About 40 years ago, one of my younger brothers came back to camp after an evening hunt with a crazy story. We were deer hunting between Barnhart and Big Lake. He was in high school at the time. He came into camp telling us that he had seen a brownish-red, hairy, man like creature. He got down from his stand to get a closer look. As he got closer (about 100 yards I think he said) the creature saw him and was standing in or near a cedar tree. It grabbed two limbs and shook the cedar and it showed it's teeth. My brother was looking through his rifle scope. It freaked him out enough to get the heck away.

Of course, we all had a big laugh. But, he was serious and swore it was the truth. While we were sitting around the camp fire, the land owner came by. We told him about this "story". He then proceeded to tell us that a nearby rancher had an orangutan escape, and was never found. My brother said that had to be what he saw. He had the last laugh.
oragator
It's the same reason grey aliens were seen by everyone after no one had heard of them until the 50's, and why all of a sudden everyone saw flying saucers after 1947 when the pictures from Washington State came out.

When we see something we can't fit into a neat box, our mind tries to find one. And when something like Bigfoot or UFOs or greys become part of the consciousness, they become the last resort explanation when nothing ordinary makes sense.

There are millions of trail cameras, cell phones, regular cameras, thermal imaging,more people hiking remote backwoods... And despite that and people searching endlessly for them, not a single piece of credible evidence has been found.

As for the Patterson video, both the guy who made the suit and who wore it came forward eventually. Just like the guy who took the original Nessie picture did (The Surgeons photo), but once it's out there it becomes like trying to prove (or disprove) a negative. Despite the lack of evidence, some start with the belief that it's real and need to be proven that it's not. It's not an argument that can be won logically, just like any conspiracy theory debate.
AgLawman
AG
JCA1 wins the Blue Star on this thread...Tim Brewster uncovers every freak of nature!!!
carl spacklers hat
Monster Hike by Avrel Seale is a good read, too. It chronicles his 100 mile hike through Sam Houston National Forest, which is apparently a squatch hotspot. Who knew?
Brush Country
Redstone said:

Objective reality is collectively experienced and understood through subjective lives, over and over, across time and environment.

And some environments are "thin," where smart and trustworthy people report similiar things.

But the good thing for the materialists on this board: one way or another, eventually you will find out.

I believe Bigfoot exists in this sense. It is a real phenomenon that has entered our human hivemind because we can experience a paranormal or preternatural occurance.

dr_boogs
AG
This thread made for a great cinco de mayo grilling read.
Love Gun
dr_boogs said:

This thread made for a great cinco de mayo grilling read.

Crap, I forgot. I'm doing brats and beer tonight. I'll make up for it by going to Las Michoacnas for fajita meat
TX scallywAG
AG
oragator said:

As for the Patterson video, both the guy who made the suit and who wore it came forward eventually. Just like the guy who took the original Nessie picture did (The Surgeons photo), but once it's out there it becomes like trying to prove (or disprove) a negative. Despite the lack of evidence, some start with the belief that it's real and need to be proven that it's not. It's not an argument that can be won logically, just like any conspiracy theory debate.

That's 100% incorrect. Patterson said it was true on his deathbed. He died very early of cancer. Gimlin was offered close to $1 million recently by TV execs to admit it was a hoax. I heard the TV guy interviewed. I believe it was for the 50th anniversary. He denied. Saying what he saw that day was real.

Also, Gimlin was carrying a rifle. If Patterson kept him in the dark as part of the hoax... he and the suit guy were both very dumb.
---
oragator
Aggie MHA said:

oragator said:

I

That's 100% incorrect. Patterson said it was true on his deathbed. He died very early of cancer. Gimlin was offered close to $1 million recently by TV execs to admit it was a hoax. I heard the TV guy interviewed. I believe it was for the 50th anniversary. He denied. Saying what he saw that day was real.

Also, Gimlin was carrying a rifle. If Patterson kept him in the dark as part of the hoax... he and the suit guy were both very dumb.
It is not 100% incorrect. The man who made the suit was named Phillip Morris, the man in the suit was Bob Heironimus, and both had several corroborating contemporary witnesses. Patterson was called a con man by a number of people who knew him, and even a Gimlin later admitted he may have been had, though he always stuck to the fact that's he didn't know.
And not only was Patterson a con man, he "found" the animal where tracks had been previousl and why he went there, but those tracks were later known to have been faked by Wallace. In fact investigators think Patterson had previously faked tracks too.

So in the end you have Patterson saying its real, and almost everyone else around him and the incident pointing to fraud or a least saying frqud was a real possibility. None of this lends itself to anything other than "highly unlikely", but as expected people start from the opinion that its real and force folks to prove a negative. The burden of extraordinary claims is with those making them.
SquirrellyDan
AG
IDAGG said:

TexAggee05 said:

I'll, believe it when Q drops a crumb about Bigfoot.
- What is big?
- What is hairy?
- THINK
- Coast to Coast?
- How did Art die?
- Who needed him dead?
- You know more than you think you do!

Those guys don't believe in logic. To them, cryptic talk that can mean anything is absolute truth until proven wrong, which by nature will never happen because they only commit to something after it happens. Big foot is much more believable that q.
TX scallywAG
AG
You didn't specify, and I thought you were referring directly to Patterson or Gimlin. While I didn't know their names, I have read up those claims before. My grandpa could claim the same today. All hearsay now, but here we are 50 years later with many credible zoologist, anthropologist, anatomist, and biologist not convinced the film is a hoax.

I've heard several first hand audio clips of Gimlin saying he could have been "had." He always follows it with how real the creature looked then and now. He then brings up the rifle point. How'd they know he wouldn't drop it.

Also, fully aware of Patterson's history. Fun fact: The check he wrote for the camera rental, that filmed the famous footage, bounced.

Keep in mind, if you read my previous, first post on thread, you'll see I have a major science driven hole in the biological creature case. I tend to think it is a psychological tendency... although that doesn't explain footage... or something spiritual/evil/supernatural we don't understand. It often bugs bigfoot de-bunkers I don't subscribe to conventional group think on the topic, but I believe something odd is happening... likely not an ape.

edit: grammar, long post via mobile
---
Redstone
AG
I'm willing to post more on this thread, but do need some stars.
jakeaggie84
AG
Redstone said:

Maybe the deep woods "does" something to the human psyche. We imagine.

Or.

Maybe our materialist conceptions can be much more false than we want them to be. Look up the (many) firsthand accounts of a person having sight and sound of their companion(s), and then - total silence.
Can you look up all these stories for us? I'm not sure I am following your claims. Sounds interesting.
Love Gun
Redstone said:

I'm willing to post more on this thread, but do need some stars.

Yeah? Well, I bet I get more stars than you with just this petty offering.

TX scallywAG
AG
jakeaggie84 said:

Redstone said:

Or.

Maybe our materialist conceptions can be much more false than we want them to be. Look up the (many) firsthand accounts of a person having sight and sound of their companion(s), and then - total silence.
Can you look up all these stories for us? I'm not sure I am following your claims. Sounds interesting.

Google the David Paulides Missing 411 books and fairly recent movie.

To be clear, he never once said these are due to bigfoot, portals, UFOs, etc. Those are other people's theories about what he's discovered. He just lays out all the facts about the disappearances. It's all very fact driven. He's ex- law enforcement, and his work reflects that.

Have fun with that rabbit hole...
---
Bighunter43
AG
Aggie MHA said:

jakeaggie84 said:

Redstone said:

Or.

Google the David Paulides Missing 411 books and fairly recent movie.

To be clear, he never once said these are due to bigfoot, portals, UFOs, etc. Those are other people's theories about what he's discovered. He just lays out all the facts about the disappearances. It's all very fact driven. He's ex- law enforcement, and his work reflects that.

Have fun with that rabbit hole...

The one about 6 yr old Dennis Martin is downright creepy! (Disclaimer: I'd read about it before and googled this....in other words I don't read Mysterious Universe). This is a good read!

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/06/some-very-strange-information-on-the-bizarre-vanishing-of-dennis-martin/
TX scallywAG
AG
Haven't double checked, but I think that is the one Les Stroud tried to recreate and said it's impossible. He tried to replicate the path for the 411 movie.

That story alone should have you questioning what you know about the woods. A 6 year did what Survivor Man couldn't. Something very strange went down.
---
AgEng06
AG
Most of your posts on other boards are trolling. And now you're asking for stars in exchange for gracing us with your knowledge?

Go away.
Swarely
Wow that took me down a rabbit hole.
Bighunter43
AG
Swarely said:

Its strange!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Swarely said:

I might have found what movie I am watching tonight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.