Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bigfoot

35,022 Views | 186 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Badace52
ReloadAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every once in a while while you're flipping through the guide on the TV and you come across one of those Bigfoot evidence shows that kinda make you wonder even though there's about a 99% chance it's all BS. Fun to think about though if ol Sasquatch was really out there though.
Love Gun
rather be fishing
AG
Let's say you take all of the reported bigfoot sightings since 2000 throughout the USA. Then, let's say you're looking at something like 2000 sightings that are not complete fabrications. To whittle it down some more, let's say 80-90% of those reports are easily explained away.

This leaves a significant number of reported sightings that need legitimate study to disprove.

I love bigfoot stuff.
rather be fishing
AG
rather be fishing said:

Let's say you take all of the reported bigfoot sightings since 2000 throughout the USA. Then, let's say you're looking at something like 2000 sightings that are not complete fabrications. To whittle it down some more, let's say 80-90% of those reports are easily explained away.

This leaves a significant number of reported sightings that need legitimate study to disprove.

I love bigfoot stuff.
My speech class theorem was proving bigfoot exists.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
In this day and age with game cameras everywhere and night vision scopes and thermal technology, if squatch were out there in TX, LA or FL, he would have been seen already.

If you start talking about massive wilderness areas in places like BC, it's a possibility but still almost zero evidence to support it and I personally believe it's a hoax.

I love watching those shows and the interviews with the cryptozoologists... it just blows my mind that you're alledging that there is a breeding population of some sort of giant ape out there with almost zero fossil evidence to support it.
rather be fishing
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

In this day and age with game cameras everywhere and night vision scopes and thermal technology, if squatch were out there in TX, LA or FL, he would have been seen already.

If you start talking about massive wilderness areas in places like BC, it's a possibility but still almost zero evidence to support it and I personally believe it's a hoax.

I love watching those shows and the interviews with the cryptozoologists... it just blows my mind that you're alledging that there is a breeding population of some sort of giant ape out there with almost zero fossil evidence to support it.
Did you know that there are more forested acres in Texas than there are in Oregon. Lot's of space that can't be observed 24/7...
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Do you know how many hunters, loggers and freeloaders frequently cover those areas?

Furthermore, the remaining acreage, while substantial, is only a fraction of what it used to be.... parts of Houston (East) and all along 45 North to Huntsville would have been part of a massive forest where such an animal would have roamed. Why hasn't any fossil evidence shown up with all of the construction in those areas?

The only evidence out there are eye witness encounters with people that believe in Black Panthers, possibly history of alcohol or drug use/addiction, and/or have a tall, narrow family tree.
Fairview
AG
There was that one they got on video in the 80's...

rather be fishing
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Do you know how many hunters, loggers and freeloaders frequently cover those areas?

Furthermore, the remaining acreage, while substantial, is only a fraction of what it used to be.... parts of Houston (East) and all along 45 North to Huntsville would have been part of a massive forest where such an animal would have roamed. Why hasn't any fossil evidence shown up with all of the construction in those areas?

The only evidence out there are eye witness encounters with people that believe in Black Panthers, possibly history of alcohol or drug use/addiction, and/or have a tall, narrow family tree.
hey, you have your opinions and I'll have mine. If you had a loved one that passed away, would our bury the body or just leave it on the side of the road to be found by any regular person?

Bigfoots (bigfeets?) most likely cover/conceal the remains of their dead.

The funny thing is you can't actually prove any of what I've said is not true,
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Hey, if you want to go with the Bigfoot's are excellent at burying the remains of their family members or cremate their remains and release them in the Trinity, you're certainly entitled to do so.

Because you're right, I can't prove you wrong.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Hypothetical:

Sitting in the deer blind and out walks squatch... do you:

1) let him walk and forever be described as a looney
2) try and get the phone out to record only to be scrutinized by "experts" the rest of your life
3) shoot it and finally proof they exist (with the possibility its some meth head in a suit)

And, go...
AggieP18
I'd probably let it go and be described as a wacked out loon forever.....but if that sucker took one angry step towards me he'd be eating all 180 grains.
BurrOak
AG

IDAGG
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Hypothetical:

2) try and get the phone out to record only to be scrutinized by "experts" the rest of your life
3) shoot it and finally proof they exist (with the possibility its some meth head in a suit)

And, go...
I always thought it would be fun to be in on a Bigfoot prank until this happened a few years ago:

Quote:

KALISPELL, Mont. - A man dressed in a military-style "ghillie" suit and apparently trying to provoke reports of a Bigfoot sighting in northwest Montana was struck by two cars and killed, authorities said.

The man was standing in the right-hand lane of U.S. Highway 93 south of Kalispell on Sunday night when he was hit by the first car, according to the Montana Highway Patrol. A second car hit the man as he lay in the roadway, authorities said.

Flathead County officials identified the man as Randy Lee Tenley, 44, of Kalispell. Trooper Jim Schneider said motives were ascertained during interviews with friends, and alcohol may have been a factor but investigators were awaiting tests.

"He was trying to make people think he was Sasquatch so people would call in a Sasquatch sighting," Schneider told the Daily Inter Lake on Monday. "You can't make it up. I haven't seen or heard of anything like this before. Obviously, his suit made it difficult for people to see him."

Besides being hit by a car, another risk would be #3 on your list. Somebody would shoot to prove that Bigfoot existed. So no pranks for me...
FSGuide
I've posted before about the Squatch I saw on the Olympic Peninsula during my honeymoon in 2005. I have a pic of it. Whenever it comes up with visitors at home it always makes for a good conversation.
The Fife
Holy **** boys, we're officially dealing with a ****in' Samsquanch! It's probably a 10 footer by the looks of that stuff.

DatTallArchitect
AG
People have been shot while pretending to be Bigfoot
BenFiasco14
AG
FSGuide said:

I've posted before about the Squatch I saw on the Olympic Peninsula during my honeymoon in 2005. I have a pic of it. Whenever it comes up with visitors at home it always makes for a good conversation.
Alright, so are you gonna post it or what ?
Maverick06
AG
We're waiting! Show us the goods!!
IDAGG
AG
Or NITESIDE's epic post about Sasquatch somewhere in the North Cascades....
rather be fishing
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Hypothetical:

And, go...

1. Shoot Bigfoot
2. Post to Facebook
3. ???
4. Profit
AgEng06
AG
rather be fishing said:

rather be fishing said:

I love bigfoot stuff.
My speech class theorem was proving bigfoot exists.
I'm guessing that didn't go too well...
Trinity Ag
S
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Hypothetical:

And, go...
Go for a flesh wound, and collect the DNA....
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Maybe Bigfoot is better at Hide-and-Seek than any human can imagine?

I will say that I have seen BigToe photos on this very forum though.
Brush Country
rather be fishing said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

hey, you have your opinions and I'll have mine. If you had a loved one that passed away, would our bury the body or just leave it on the side of the road to be found by any regular person?

Right cuz no ones ever accidentally dig up the remains of a human that was buried 6 ft deep, which they didn't know was there?

Does the samsqaunch bury theirs 600 ft deep?
Brush Country
Maybe I'm slow, but what is this gif demonstrating?
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
rather be fishing said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.
ironmanag
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

People always say this but it simply isn't true. I saw a huge ten point buck at my lease right at the end of hunting season. I can't prove it because every game cam picture is either super blurry or just of his backside.

I was out running and I saw a huge Owl sitting in a ravine. I tried to pull out my I phone 8 plus and snap a quick pic to show the family, but the bird took off before I could snap the shot less than 3 seconds. All I got was a burry image of a grey blob.

People like to disprove bigfoot by saying that with all the cameras why are the pictures so bad. Well because humans are taking them, and animals don't hold still very long.

My biggest question about bigfoots is if people have been seeing them for literally 1000's of years why hasn't a skeleton or carcass been found. The whole bury the dead thing doesn't hold water because remains of previously unknown indian tribes are found all the time and the buried thier dead as well.
DriftwoodAg
AG
ironmanag said:

My biggest question about bigfoots is if people have been seeing them for literally 1000's of years why hasn't a skeleton or carcass been found. The whole bury the dead thing doesn't hold water because remains of previously unknown indian tribes are found all the time and the buried thier dead as well.
Maybe they eat their dead
DatTallArchitect
AG
There's a big difference between individual animals and an entire species. We've all seen deer and owls, and there are millions of photos of them for others to see as well.
ReloadAg
AG
It just doesn't add up: people have been seeing them for hundreds, if not thousands, of years all over the world and yet no definitive proof has ever been discovered.
BurrOak
AG
It's just a stabilized gif of the infamous Patterson Grimlin footage.
Texmid
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Hypothetical:

And, go...
No question in my mind that I would shoot it and take it to the best taxidermist in Texas.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Eddie Murphy said his Uncle Gus found a female Bigfoot in the woods, shaved her down, taught her to speak and named her Aunt Bunny. Looking at the pick below, it could be possible.

FSGuide
BenFiasco14 said:

FSGuide said:

Alright, so are you gonna post it or what ?
I gotta figure out how to post pics again now that photobucket crapped out on us

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.