Outdoors
Sponsored by

Neighborhood Predator

10,438 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 12f Mane
B-1 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgLA06 said:

B-1 83 said:

GMaster0 said:

Probably a pellet gun, with pellet "slugs." I imagine someone got upset with this cat crapping in their garden.
If I caught the son of a ***** shooting my cat he'd have a lot more to worry about than cat crap in his lawn.

Like you pretending to care about a cat you love so much, you let it roam the neighborhood?
Its managed for 12 years as an indoor outdoor cat. Do you keep yours indoors? If your dog is out, do I get to shoot it?
ironmanag
AG
I agree cats suck, but a pet is a pet, and I bet if anyone's dog got out and got shot all hell would be called down.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

let it roam the neighborhood?

You can't be serious. A lot of cats like to roam around. At least they keep rodents to a minimum and chase squirrels. I'd rather have cats around than squirrels.
Eliminatus
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

No but there should be a reasonable fear that if your animal gets out it may wind up dead even ignoring gun shots, Be it vehicle, predator, or you name it
Well, yeah. But that is not what we are talking about. A pet getting hit by a car is not the same as being willfully shot.

I live next to a busy street that is notorious for squashed pets. Very sad to see red goo marks nearly every day.
Streetfighter 02
AG

From my neighborhood association last night...
TexasAggie_02
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

You can't be serious. A lot of cats like to roam around. At least they keep rodents to a minimum and chase squirrels. I'd rather have cats around than squirrels.
they also keep songbirds to a minimum
dtkprowler
AG
This is about like somebody being pissed off you shot their racing pigeon....over your property.....during dove season....
The Wonderer
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

they also keep songbirds to a minimum
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Eliminatus said:

BlackGoldAg2011 said:

No but there should be a reasonable fear that if your animal gets out it may wind up dead even ignoring gun shots, Be it vehicle, predator, or you name it
Well, yeah. But that is not what we are talking about. A pet getting hit by a car is not the same as being willfully shot.

I live next to a busy street that is notorious for squashed pets. Very sad to see red goo marks nearly every day.
I never defending the random shooting of an animal that is likely someone's pet. I am merely pointing out that any time you willfully let your animal roam free you run the risk of losing them. It is not a reasonable expectation that an animal on the lose will return safely as this owner seemed to think.
Bitter Old Man
AG
ironmanag said:

I agree cats suck, but a pet is a pet, and I bet if anyone's dog got out and got shot all hell would be called down.
Dogs are a little easier to fence in than cats.....
CactusThomas
AG
B-1 83 said:

If your dog is out, do I get to shoot it?

Of course. I love my dog and wouldn't appreciate it but if he's on your property and you shoot him I can't be mad at you.
The Original AG 76
AG
Such a bunch of brave macho he-men and the usual cat hatred. Groupthink at its finest.
Pathetic yet so predictable.
tk127ag
AG
I need the name to that vet....I never make it out under $300.
DayAg!
S
I've been telling people for years that cats arent good for the environment. They sheit in your garden and scratch up your outside chairs. They piss on everything they can even in your car and it stinks for months. Not counting the amount of quail they have killed. That plus they aint good for nothing much. They dont listen, they dont obey commands. And generally just dont give a crap about anybody but themselves. I kill ever cat I see in the wild. They are very destructive and will kill for the sake of just kiling. No use for em. Sorry, but not real sorry.
The Original AG 76
AG
DayAg! said:

I've been telling people for years that cats arent good for the environment. They sheit in your garden and scratch up your outside chairs. They piss on everything they can even in your car and it stinks for months. Not counting the amount of quail they have killed. That plus they aint good for nothing much. They dont listen, they dont obey commands. And generally just dont give a crap about anybody but themselves. I kill ever cat I see in the wild. They are very destructive and will kill for the sake of just kiling. No use for em. Sorry, but not real sorry.

Such BRAVE words . Yet I'm sure you will flock to this thing when your precious Fido croaks and expect all manner of comforting bilge . Typical. Pathetic yet typical.
normaleagle05
AG
Stop comparing animals bred into specific human/canid symbiotic roles with an invasive predatory species. It makes you look.....uninformed, at best.
B-1 83
AG
normaleagle05 said:

Stop comparing animals bred into specific human/canid symbiotic roles with an invasive predatory species. It makes you look.....uninformed, at best.
Yeah, those chihuahuas, Greyhounds, and Great Danes are doing some work in town. Good grief.
45-70Ag
AG
AgLA06 said:

B-1 83 said:

GMaster0 said:

Probably a pellet gun, with pellet "slugs." I imagine someone got upset with this cat crapping in their garden.
If I caught the son of a ***** shooting my cat he'd have a lot more to worry about than cat crap in his lawn.

Like you pretending to care about a cat you love so much, you let it roam the neighborhood?
45-70Ag
AG
The only good cat is a dead one.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
They are doing this all wrong

Put some sardines in a coon trap and check it an hour before sunrise.

Oogway
My uninformed opinion is that if you have a pet cat keep it inside. Where I live we have a leash law for dogs AND cats. If a pet dog or cat happens to get out and I find it, if I know whose it is or it has tags with a # then I try and get it back to the owner. But this comes with some nagging and that is this:

1. If at all possible, do have a collar with the up to date #. I know that collars slip off, but don't be like the two young frat fellows whose dogs that I grabbed off the street before they got run over. I went out with my son to see if anyone was looking for the dogs (after pinning them up in our backyard). After finally locating the searching owners, I commented on the lack of tags. "Well, they're microchipped."
Do I look like I keep one of those readers in my back pocket? Yes, I know that microchips are great, but tags often circumvent the need to call the shelter. Which brings me to:

2. Your cat that you let out at night has a secret life. This life consists of roaming your neighbors' yards looking for love (if not fixed) or trouble. This trouble is usually a massive cat fight at 3 o'clock in the morning underneath my bedroom window. Apparently this fight is either over a love interest or who gets to use my back yard as a litter box. Just so you know, if I see your cat in my yard, the first time it gets a pass, the second time, it is considered a nuisance. Yes, I like doves and other birds. Yes, I know how to catch cats and take them to the shelter. I don't shoot them, but College Station will fine you if your cat is a nuisance. This sounds cranky (and it is) coming from someone who has had cats as pets, but my spouse is allergic and I love him more than your cat. Oh, and I have red hair (I may have a few gray ones now, I don't color) so you know what that means.

45-70Ag
AG
My opinion on cats may be a little drastic but after one jumped in my truck one afternoon and pissed all over the inside, I kill them all now.
Apache
AG
I kill all cats and dogs I see roaming on our place in the country. Hell the finest shot I ever made in my life was on a trotting cat at 75 yards offhand.

In town, I seriously disagree with outside cats because of the hell the wreck in songbirds. Don't kill 'me though. I may or may not practice my slingshot skills on them though.
DeadCiv
AG
Wow. So much anger.

I like cats. They're badazz little hunters.
Oogway
Believe me, I am not angry at the animals, they are behaving as animals do; but I do appreciate owners who accept responsibility for the creatures in their care. If I came and used their yard as a personal litterbox, believe you me, they would be angry at me.
gigem70
AG
Keep your pets in your own yard.
SanAntoneAg
AG
If cat owners had any consideration for their neighbors or their cats, they wouldn't allow their cats to roam neighborhoods.

Kudos to those who don't let that happen.
Gig 'em! '90
Serious Lee
this is how im envisioning most of the posters here:

FishingAggie
Intersting thread. It seems about 50/50 -love/hate for /against the cats.

Interesting watching everyone argue over a p***y

Cat
SteveBott
AG
If you can't tell the difference between a house cat and a feral you need practice. Let the house cat go his way and kill the ferals.
montanagriz
S
You step in someones cats **** in your yard, you might sing a different story

If you have cat footprints on your car and urine or male cat spray on your car, you might sing a different story

Bottom line, you have to have a dog on a leash and pick up its poop. How does a cat off tge leash not roam in neighbors yards and shot everywhere? How is cat owner going to know where to pick up ****
montanagriz
S
I like cats but what rules apply to dog owners should apply to cat owners
SabineAg
AG
Bitter Old Man said:

BlackGoldAg2011 said:

GE said:

What load were you using?
Please, if I had shot the cat, the sign would read "Missing cat"
We had an outside cat growing up that we didn't really even like that much. However, some neighbor's cat started showing up in our yard and beating the 5hit out of our cat on a regular basis, like shredding him up. Damn cat would sit in our backyard and meow waiting for our cat to come off the porch... A real as$hole.

Anyways, my dad decided to stick up for our cat, and one day I was in the kitchen getting some cereal before school, and the backdoor was open... Next thing I hear is a BOOM!!! and dad comes hustling in with his 12 gauge and shuts the door.

Neighbor's cat was no longer a problem. We did see a lot of missing cat signs up for a while.... must have been a coyote on the loose....

Username checks out
who?mikejones
AG
So many crazies on one thread
B-1 83
AG
montanagriz said:

I like cats but what rules apply to dog owners should apply to cat owners
Just last week there was a toddler mauled by 2 pit cats that had gotten out of their yard.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.