Outdoors
Sponsored by

Neighborhood Predator

10,404 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 12f Mane
BlackGoldAg2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I was out walking my dog last night and came across this gem in my neighborhood that I thought y'all might get a kick out of. This kind of stuff is the whole reason i'm not on next door, because there is no chance I would be able to resist trolling.
GE
AG
What load were you using?
45-70Ag
AG
Cats
AggieChemist
AG
Several holes?
"Slug" near his lung?
Vet bills of over $300?

A lot doesn't add up here. That is some serious value veterinarying.

BCO07
AG
Survived a slug to the lung! Must be a huge damn cat
GMaster0
Probably a pellet gun, with pellet "slugs." I imagine someone got upset with this cat crapping in their garden.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Does 300 bucks cover the office visit these days?
Caliber
AG
Submit the picture to the HOA or city, surely there is an ordinance at one of those levels about posting signage in public areas.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
GE said:

Please, if I had shot the cat, the sign would read "Missing cat"
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
And while there is a ton of gold in this note, my personal favorite was "This has been turned over to the police and they are investigating and pursuing it." I wan't to meet this woman (assuming a woman) and just give her a good ol "Bless your heart"
OnlyForNow
AG
Guess you should keep your cat on your property...
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Right.

"I now live in fear that if one of my cats gets out of the yard again, that he will be killed"
this should have been your thought all along, even without pellet guns please see the latest nextdoor coyote thread.
Eliminatus
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

OnlyForNow said:

Right.

"I now live in fear that if one of my cats gets out of the yard again, that he will be killed"
this should have been your thought all along, even without pellet guns please see the latest nextdoor coyote thread.

To be fair, if a dog or cow or horse got out you would not expect it to be shot out of hand.

BlackGoldAg2011
AG
No but there should be a reasonable fear that if your animal gets out it may wind up dead even ignoring gun shots, Be it vehicle, predator, or you name it
AggieChemist
AG
Eliminatus said:

BlackGoldAg2011 said:

OnlyForNow said:

Right.

To be fair, if a dog or cow or horse got out you would not expect it to be shot out of hand.

Imma just leave this here.

https://www.livescience.com/26670-cats-kill-billions-animals.html

Quote:

According to the research, published today (Jan. 29) in the journal Nature Communications, cats kill between 1.4 billion and 3.7 billion birds and between 6.9 billion and 20.7 billion small mammals, such as meadow voles and chipmunks.

Though it's hard to know exactly how many birds live in the United States, the staggering number of bird deaths may account for as much as 15 percent of the total bird population, said study co-author Pete Marra, an animal ecologist with the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute.
ellebee
OnlyForNow said:

ABATTBQ11
AG
I'd be a little pissed off that someone was discharging a firearm in my neighborhood, even if just a pellet gun.
BrazosBQ
AG
Is this your one of your neighbors?

dtkprowler
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

I'd be a little pissed off that someone was discharging a firearm in my neighborhood, even if just a pellet gun.
Bahahahahahahaha.... wait, were you serious?!
TexasAggie_02
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
Eliminatus said:

BlackGoldAg2011 said:

OnlyForNow said:

Right.

dogs, cows, and horses have souls.

cats are souless.
Bitter Old Man
AG
This.... It was probably a bird lover. They hate cats with a passion, because cats will stalk their feeders..
TexasAggie_02
AG
this wasn't in brenham by chance? oh wait, it wasn't shot with an arrow.
Bitter Old Man
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

GE said:

Please, if I had shot the cat, the sign would read "Missing cat"
We had an outside cat growing up that we didn't really even like that much. However, some neighbor's cat started showing up in our yard and beating the 5hit out of our cat on a regular basis, like shredding him up. Damn cat would sit in our backyard and meow waiting for our cat to come off the porch... A real as$hole.

Anyways, my dad decided to stick up for our cat, and one day I was in the kitchen getting some cereal before school, and the backdoor was open... Next thing I hear is a BOOM!!! and dad comes hustling in with his 12 gauge and shuts the door.

Neighbor's cat was no longer a problem. We did see a lot of missing cat signs up for a while.... must have been a coyote on the loose....
OnlyForNow
AG
jesus shot it with a shotgun?

Just use a .22 in the ear.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Nothing wrong with a pellet gun. (Not advocating shooting pets) but I've had to dispatch varmint animals in my yard with one. Usually large mice/rats that get half caught in the traps no sense in letting them suffer. Also birds that get into my tomato cages (usuallly grackles).

As long as I know the back stop and can trust that miss will only hit my fence or dirt, I take the shot.
Bitter Old Man
AG
I'm not sure he had a .22 available at the time, there may have been a little vengeance motivation as well.... It was a long time ago, so I don't really know.
The Wonderer
AG
When you have to type "if they'll shoot a cat, they'll poison a dog" in an effort to get people to side with your position, then you know that cats are truly *******s.
NICU Dad
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Eliminatus said:

BlackGoldAg2011 said:

OnlyForNow said:

Right.

cats are souless.
Only if they have red fur.
AgLA06
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

OnlyForNow said:

Right.

"I make every effort to keep them in my yard"

Denial, delusion, and a lack of reality with that line. And yet it wasn't even no her damn street or she wouldn't have had to list what street she lived on and what street it was "shot".
B-1 83
AG
GMaster0 said:

Probably a pellet gun, with pellet "slugs." I imagine someone got upset with this cat crapping in their garden.
If I caught the son of a ***** shooting my cat he'd have a lot more to worry about than cat crap in his lawn.
will.mcg
AG
NICU Dad said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Eliminatus said:

BlackGoldAg2011 said:

OnlyForNow said:

Right.

cats are souless.
Only if they have red fur.

OUCH!
AgLA06
AG
B-1 83 said:

GMaster0 said:

If I caught the son of a ***** shooting my cat he'd have a lot more to worry about than cat crap in his lawn.

Like you pretending to care about a cat you love so much, you let it roam the neighborhood?
eric76
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Yes. Where do you buy a good cat fence, though?
Caliber
AG
eric76 said:

OnlyForNow said:

Yes. Where do you buy a good cat fence, though?
Most people would simply call it a house. Domestic cats should never be allowed to roam outside. They don't stay put and they cause major damage. If a cat is outside it should be assumed feral.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.