Outdoors
Sponsored by

Let's do a cigar pass

20,930 Views | 220 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AZAG08
FightinTexag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Headed for you this week Seven! Sorry for making you think I was a dud.

G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Very nice selection. Thanks man! I look forward to them
Ag_07
AG
Dropping your smokes in the mail today during lunch break.

I don't want to ruin the anticipation so I won't post anything about what you're getting. Think that's part of the fun of these things.
powerbelly
AG
Received my sticks from PhiAggie today.

Really excited about the selections.
tamc1956ag
S
Is swarely supposed to send me cigars? no one has asked for my address
tamc1956ag
S
Swarely said:

Anyone know Tamc1956ag IRL? I still haven't heard from him.
911 dove landing
college station 77845

Swarely
I'll have em in the mail tomorrow.
AggieChemist
AG
Is everyone caught up and in contact now? Any holes in the pass?
TheVarian
AG
1956' and I have been chatting, stoagies are in the mail!
Papa_Blaze
AG
Jamaggie06, got the sticks and they look great! I'll be giving the first a puff during this weeks Aggie game! Thanks again!
Stan Crowch
AG
That Cohiba looks very fake.
Zaiquiri
AG
Why did you think that was important to bring up?
dr_boogs
AG
AggieChemist said:

Is everyone caught up and in contact now? Any holes in the pass?

Dropped my present off to HCHunter this afternoon, was rewarded when I got home to a package from ConstructionAg. He did me right!

https://imgur.com/a/yI0q1
AggieChemist
AG
Stan Crowch said:

I'm not a Cuban expert, but...

Good looking cigar, well constructed. Can see a triple cap.

Embossed, golden "Cohiba"... Cohiba is shiny, not yellow... white squares are not cut off, "Habana, Cuba" centered and scripted.

Looks legit to me.

But please inform us how you know, for all of our edification. Most of the fakes I've seen were obvious and easy to spot.
Stan Crowch
AG
AggieChemist said:

Stan Crowch said:

Embossed, golden "Cohiba"... Cohiba is shiny, not yellow... white squares are not cut off, "Habana, Cuba" centered and scripted.

Looks legit to me.

But please inform us how you know, for all of our edification. Most of the fakes I've seen were obvious and easy to spot.
The lack of sharpness in the "Habana, Cuba" lettering looks off. Specifically the "u" and "n". If he got it from a legitimate source like an LCDH or a reputable online source than maybe I am wrong but it just looks a little off. I'm happy to delete my initial post if people are offended.
AggieChemist
AG
Stan Crowch said:

AggieChemist said:

Stan Crowch said:

Looks legit to me.

The lack of sharpness in the "Habana, Cuba" lettering looks off. Specifically the "u" and "n". If he got it from a legitimate source like an LCDH or a reputable online source than maybe I am wrong but it just looks a little off. I'm happy to delete my initial post if people are offended.

And now we go live to Seanmag1500 for the response...

reddog90
AG
Did my sticks make it to you?
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
It's an older style band (Pre-2014-15), as the new bands have the Behike style holograms. But for any style Cohiba new or old the Habana, Cuba shouldn't be in bold. Some fake CC's are very easy to spot like you said, but others are very well done and you can't tell until it's cut up. I would allow him to produce a box code/origin before someone is called out though. It's an easy mistake and happens all the time.
AggieChemist
AG
And "fake" or not, these can still be quality smokes.
HCHunter
S
Yours are in the mail as of today. Sorry about the delay!
Swarely
tamc1956ag said:

Swarely said:

Anyone know Tamc1956ag IRL? I still haven't heard from him.
911 dove landing
college station 77845

They'll be there Thursday.
BCOBQ98
AG
bdgol07, did you receive your cigars?
TheVarian
AG
Thanks for the Stoagies! I'm really excited for the these, particularly the Macanudo

ETA: Imgur is being weird. Hell with it
AggieChemist
AG
No usps love for me today. Guess I'll hit my own stash for a Nica Rustica and some old grandad BiB

FightinTexag
AG
They did!

I'm very delayed in everything this week. Our company just aquired another org and I'm running the integration, so I stay a bit busy. I'll post a pic later, but they are great looking smokes, many of which I haven't tried!
FightinTexag
AG
AggieChemist said:

Stan Crowch said:

AggieChemist said:

Stan Crowch said:

Looks legit to me.

Long story short, they were purchased where I've purchased all of my Cubans over the years. The shop was (is?) a certified Habanos SA shop (Habanos Point to be specific) in Mexico where my family helped start a SCUBA operation ~17 years ago. This is an older stick thats been sitting in my humidor for a good while. I only had one left and never found a good reason to smoke it alone, so I figured a pass was a good enough reason to send a good ag (what I consider to be) a good smoke.

I took a picture of a band that was at the bottom of the humidor to try and clear anything up. If you still think its fake, feel free to let us all know, but I certainly trust the gentlemen I purchased them from as well as performed a serial authenticity check. I've also purchased so many SEALED boxes of smokes from this guy, I'm certain I've not been duped.

I've included some other Cubans if you'd like to take the time to attempt to authenticate them as well.

Picture of the band (I found it difficult to get a close up with my phone and I'm not certain this picture is any more or less clear than the other):

A Trinidad Reyes through the wrapper (self wrapped as I bring them back that way):

and one of my favorite "premium" smokes. A Vegas Robaina Familiar:

Now, any other questions re: my integrity can be directed toward my PM inbox or email.

Seven - I'm promise you I'm not intentionally or otherwise sending you falsified or fake Cubans. I don't need friends badly enough to lie, I just wanted to do something nice as part of the pass. Please accept my apologies if you don't like the sticks I sent over, and let me know as I'll send a gift card to a local smoke shop for you!
Ag_07
AG
Damn making me feel like crap

USPS tracker says Thurs delivery
YellowPot_97
AG
Zaiquiri your's went out today
AggieChemist
AG
Ag_07 said:

Damn making me feel like crap

USPS tracker says Thurs delivery

No worries.
AggieChemist
AG
Seanmag1500 said:

AggieChemist said:

Stan Crowch said:

AggieChemist said:

Stan Crowch said:

Looks legit to me.

Long story short, they were purchased where I've purchased all of my Cubans over the years. The shop was (is?) a certified Habanos SA shop (Habanos Point to be specific) in Mexico where my family helped start a SCUBA operation ~17 years ago. This is an older stick thats been sitting in my humidor for a good while. I only had one left and never found a good reason to smoke it alone, so I figured a pass was a good enough reason to send a good ag (what I consider to be) a good smoke.

I took a picture of a band that was at the bottom of the humidor to try and clear anything up. If you still think its fake, feel free to let us all know, but I certainly trust the gentlemen I purchased them from as well as performed a serial authenticity check. I've also purchased so many SEALED boxes of smokes from this guy, I'm certain I've not been duped.

I've included some other Cubans if you'd like to take the time to attempt to authenticate them as well.

Picture of the band (I found it difficult to get a close up with my phone and I'm not certain this picture is any more or less clear than the other):

A Trinidad Reyes through the wrapper (self wrapped as I bring them back that way):

and one of my favorite "premium" smokes. A Vegas Robaina Familiar:

Now, any other questions re: my integrity can be directed toward my PM inbox or email.

Seven - I'm promise you I'm not intentionally or otherwise sending you falsified or fake Cubans. I don't need friends badly enough to lie, I just wanted to do something nice as part of the pass. Please accept my apologies if you don't like the sticks I sent over, and let me know as I'll send a gift card to a local smoke shop for you!

I don't think anybody here thought you were intentionally passing bad sticks. And I thought it looked legit, as you can see from my initial post.

Stan Crowch
AG
I definitely was not questioning anyone's integrity. I apologize for the thread derail.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
I don't know what everyone is all hot and bothered by. I'm excited to smoke them!
FightinTexag
AG
Stan Crowch said:

I definitely was not questioning anyone's integrity. I apologize for the thread derail.

Maybe I overreacted. My appologies as well
Stan Crowch
AG
Seanmag1500 said:

Stan Crowch said:

Maybe I overreacted. My appologies as well
If you want to PM me your address I'll send you an H. Upmann Connoisseur A as a show of good faith.
Zaiquiri
AG
Awesome, I'm looking forward to them!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.