Outdoors
Sponsored by

Most 3rd world place you've been to while still in the USA?

25,263 Views | 190 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by taquache02
TMfrisco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Functioning areas - not dying towns or disaster affected areas:

South Dallas

I would be in for Marlin, Hearne and many areas of rural East Texas, but those are almost understandable.
P.U.T.U
AG
Rowlett Texas, not joking. Tornado came through and since we used to live there we started calling our friends to make sure everyone was okay. Friend texted back and said their house got a direct hit so I grabbed my AR and Glock, boy I am glad I did. Not even 30 minutes after their house got hit there was looters all over the place. Cop was at the end of the street trying to slow the flow until more law enforcement came. He stopped me and asked what I was doing, told him I am coming to pick up my friends and he said thank you for bringing a gun since he didn't know if they would get out otherwise.

Ended up pulling people out of two more houses and had to do some other stuff. Lost a lot of faith in humanity, people were crushed underneath their houses and people were stealing stuff left and right from them. Probably the cheapest house on the street was $500k too.
HalifaxAg
AG
North Philly, South Philly, West Philly... seriously, that whole city is trash
memace
AG
Under every bridge/overpass in Portland
B-1 83
AG
SunrayAg said:

Go to the Dumas, Texas wal mart on a Saturday evening. You may not know what 3rd world country you are in, but you are not in the United States...
Do you know what was a sad thing for me a few weeks ago? The new WalMart was pretty cool (3/4 self checkout was odd), but the demographics had certainly changed in the last 30 years. The drive we took towards Dalhart was SW to Middlewell, then north along the Hartley Co. line. Just SW of Dumas, towards the hog farm, was a colonia of proportions I thought I'd never see there. What was good farmland, was mobile domiciles and junk.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
+1 for Appalachia

Good kids (lived there for a year as a kid) but grim life.
cavjock88
AG
Hunt's Point the Bronx. Pine Ridge is up there too.

Edit - Ha! Looked back at the earlier posts and forgot what I had already posted about Hunt's Point. At least I'm consistent....
BQ2017
AG
SW Houston just inside beltway 8 is a dessicated husk. Soulless zombies wandering around or just standing menacingly in a field. Straight up evil vibes
aggiedata
AG
We got lost driving in Camden NJ for work. It was 8 AM and it was still scary as all heck.
TH36
Marlin, TX.

My uncle got me into metal detecting a few years ago and we've been to ALOT of Texas now defunct towns. Cause old abandoned churches, houses, sidewalks, etc…are easy pickings. Marlin has many of the above. The streets have got to be the worst in Texas. I swear this is no lie when I say I've been down better dirt roads than I have their paved roads. They've got pot holes that will swallow a truck damn near.
carl spacklers hat
Las Milpas
Scissors
El Gato
All are colonias in the RGV. As such, they are a direct reflection of who settles there - Central American and Mexican nationals with no education and almost no hope to change their socio-economic condition. Most Americans would be shocked at the conditions found there.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

We got lost driving in Camden NJ for work. It was 8 AM and it was still scary as all heck.

Yeah, Camden is really rough. The thing I love is that the bridge connecting Camden to Philly is $1 if you want to drive out of Philly and into Jersey but $5 if you want to go into Philly from Camden.

I am sure it has to do with differing toll authorities but it sure did feel like the folks in Philly were trying to keep people out.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Once for big event, my group got assigned some place in Bryan. I don't remember exactly where, but it was damn near a ghetto. Trying to find the address, we passed by a shack that had what looked like shingles as siding and couldn't possibly have been on any kind of foundation (looked like it was just stood up on bare ground). The house we ended up at was nice (habitat for humanity build), but damn that neighborhood was bad.
Gric
AG
Agree with 36 about the streets of Marlin.
MAROON
AG
East St.Louis, IL
taquache02
AG
La Feria, TX

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.