Outdoors
Sponsored by

Yeti not LTC friendly?

11,085 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JSKolache
91AggieLawyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

edit: a quick search of Travis County tax rolls show the building is owned by a limited partnership called CPG 220 Soco LP which is partnered with Cielo Property Group in Austin. Yeti is just a tenant.

That was my thought as well -- the fact that Yeti didn't own the building and there were other tenants, but...

1. Do we know for a fact that there are other tenants (didn't read entire thread after this post, so if its posted here, sorry)?

2. Do we know that Yeti, or their owners, did not create the LP as a separate entity to own real property? Virtually all business and assets not related to the core business is put in a separate entity for numerous reasons.
gibberish
AG
hoosieraggie said:

The reason I believe is that store has a bar in it..Serving alcohol maybe the reason for the sign

Not derail too much.

I lived in NC when they made it legal to carry in bars, and despite what DEMs said a bunch of drunken shootouts did not ensue.

and of course the legal limit for alcohol and carry is Zero.

My opinion Texas should follow suit.
03_Aggie
I understand.

I was just curious as to how many people apply that standard when it comes to pulling money out of their wallet but are ok with it when it comes to putting money in their wallet.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

edit: a quick search of Travis County tax rolls show the building is owned by a limited partnership called CPG 220 Soco LP which is partnered with Cielo Property Group in Austin. Yeti is just a tenant.

That was my thought as well -- the fact that Yeti didn't own the building and there were other tenants, but...

1. Do we know for a fact that there are other tenants (didn't read entire thread after this post, so if its posted here, sorry)?

2. Do we know that Yeti, or their owners, did not create the LP as a separate entity to own real property? Virtually all business and assets not related to the core business is put in a separate entity for numerous reasons.

I suppose Yeti could be a partner but it's doubtful as property records show that CPG 220 Soco LP has owned the property for a few years. And logically, Cielo Property Group 220 South Congress pretty clearly relates to the ownership I referenced, the founder of Cielo Property Group is also the registered agent for CPG 220 Soco LP.

And per the leasing agents there are other tenants in the building besides Yeti plus a fair amount of vacant space they're marketing.

If the location of the signage is at the street rather than on the specific doors to the Yeti store I would surmise that the owners of the building and not Yeti put them up. One would assume that if Yeti put up the signs then they would be specifically on the doors to their store and not out at the street.

It looks like the signage is where I've circled in red. If it were specific to Yeti and not the building I'd expect the signage to be on the doors to their specific premises and not the street.

tlfw378
AG
I won't be purchasing anymore Yeti stuff...anywhere. Just because of the sign.
Hoss
AG
03_Aggie said:

I understand.

I was just curious as to how many people apply that standard when it comes to pulling money out of their wallet but are ok with it when it comes to putting money in their wallet.

Unless there are metal detectors, I follow the "concealed means concealed" mindset pretty much everywhere I go.
Cancelled
AG
I wonder how many on here saying that they won't but Yeti anymore drive Chevy Trucks after 2008? You know...the whole stealing from taxpayers and shareholders thing?
Finn Maccumhail
AG
tlfw378 said:

I'm not defending Yeti, but how do you know they're responsible for it and not the building owners? Perhaps that's why the Yeti attorney didn't want to and couldn't discuss the matter.

Just playing devil's advocate here.
powerbelly
AG
queso1 said:

I wonder how many on here saying that they won't but Yeti anymore drive Chevy Trucks after 2008? You know...the whole stealing from taxpayers and shareholders thing?
Those are 2 different issues.
Cancelled
AG
Sure, but they are politics impacting or not impacting your brand loyalty.
TresPuertas
AG
queso1 said:

After the bailout I vowed never to drive a GM truck again (after being a loyal GMC and Chevy driver), and I haven't. Tundra owner now.

I'm curious to know the answer to this issue because it will impact my buying habits. I'm fine with you having your politics, I think we can all agree that if we were to boycott all liberal companies our lives would be pretty boring.

What I can't handle is hypocrisy. A company has made a fortune marketing to outdoor types all the sudden has a problem with guns? If that is the case, its unforgivable and they will never see a dime from me again, and I'd imagine i'm not the only person who thinks this way. If they don't handle this correctly it could really have an impact.
Cancelled
AG
I'm a tundra guy too.
SECeded
aggielostinETX
AG
queso1 said:

I'm a tundra guy too.
Lexus...
wadd96
AG
Deats said:

queso1 said:

I'm a tundra guy too.
Lexus...
Lambo or GFTO
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
dr_boogs
AG
'03ag said:

Poeag said:

Doesn't bother me, I'll still buy their product. It's a workplace too, I can't carry a gun at my job, why would I expect them to be different?
Academy is somebody's workplace too.

When did I miss that Academy has 30.06/.07 signs posted?
'03ag
dr_boogs said:

'03ag said:

Poeag said:

Doesn't bother me, I'll still buy their product. It's a workplace too, I can't carry a gun at my job, why would I expect them to be different?

Uhhhh, you didn't?
dr_boogs
AG
Aaaah, thanks my friend. Sarcasm meter apparently broken today. Roger that, buy Yeti at Academy.
tlfw378
AG
Finn Maccumhail said:

tlfw378 said:

I'm not defending Yeti, but how do you know they're responsible for it and not the building owners? Perhaps that's why the Yeti attorney didn't want to and couldn't discuss the matter.

All one has to do is look at how Yeti has responded to this to know, even if it wasn't their idea (which I'm not buying), they support it. From the devil's chair...they still are covered in stench...just saying.
TresPuertas
AG
Since I'm not on Facebook would anyone mind showing some examples of what Yeti is saying. I'm gathering from here that its not very good.
txyaloo
AG
dr_boogs said:

'03ag said:

Poeag said:

Their distribution center in Katy has been posted for a few months.
PorkEatingCrusader
TresPuertas said:

Since I'm not on Facebook would anyone mind showing some examples of what Yeti is saying. I'm gathering from here that its not very good.
They are not replying..... but the reviews on the subject in their facebook page are brutal! I'm not a fan of reviews but this is one that I would agree with
Finn Maccumhail
AG
tlfw378 said:

Finn Maccumhail said:

tlfw378 said:

All one has to do is look at how Yeti has responded to this to know, even if it wasn't their idea (which I'm not buying), they support it. From the devil's chair...they still are covered in stench...just saying.

And how has Yeti responded? They attorney said he wouldn't discuss it? That's what attorney's do.

I mean, why would the Yeti attorney discuss or comment on something they could do nothing about?
reproag
AG
I'm a Tundra guy, I work in retail, and I'm allowed (actually encouraged) to carry at work. Just saying.

I will NEVER apologize for being American
KT 90
AG
Finn Maccumhail said:

tlfw378 said:

Finn Maccumhail said:

tlfw378 said:

And how has Yeti responded? They attorney said he wouldn't discuss it? That's what attorney's do.

I mean, why would the Yeti attorney discuss or comment on something they could do nothing about?

If the building owners were responsible they (Yeti) would likely put out a statement saying so, and then add some more mumbo jumbo without officially taking a position in support of or against the building owners' decision. Basically deflecting the hubbub to the building owners.

SECeded
BigPuma
AG
reproag said:

I'm a Tundra guy, I work in retail, and I'm allowed (actually encouraged) to carry at work. Just saying.

FIDO 96
AG
My office building has a .06 & .07 sign. Should I quit going to work?
CSTXAg92
AG
FIDO 96 said:

My office building has a .06 & .07 sign. Should I quit going to work?
No. Just don't try to pass off the company that you work for as hunter/fire arm/outdoor-gun-owner-friendly.
03_Aggie
According to some that doesn't matter unless you work in retail.

wadd96
AG
My employer has a "gunbuster" sign... but I'd rather keep my job than get fired for carrying... something about paying the mortgage...
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Credible Source
AG
You guys need better jobs....sheesh
Aggietaco
AG
Update from Yeti to Michael:

I'm not sure I buy the ignorance to the very prominent issue of 30.06 and 30.07 laws in Texas, but that was their excuse anyway.
aggielostinETX
AG
Sounds like they are blaming a ****ty lawyer for a bad policy choice.
Credible Source
AG
Also sounds like they took down the signs, which is a win as far as I'm concerned.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.