Outdoors
Sponsored by

Yeti not LTC friendly?

11,040 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JSKolache
Aggietaco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I haven't stopped by since the grand opening, but apparently the Yeti shop in Austin posted their 30.06 and 30.07 signage yesterday-ish. Thoughts?

This is from Michael Cargill (owner of Central Texas Gun Works) FB:
https://www.facebook.com/centexguns/posts/10209066443366647

agfan2013
AG
Just another reason to buy RTIC (besides saving a crapload of $$$)
Poeag
AG
Doesn't bother me, I'll still buy their product. It's a workplace too, I can't carry a gun at my job, why would I expect them to be different?
SWCBonfire
AG
Poeag said:

Doesn't bother me, I'll still buy their product. It's a workplace too, I can't carry a gun at my job, why would I expect them to be different?

Are their employees not bound to company policies stating that carrying weapons is prohibited? This is aimed at the public.
'03ag
Poeag said:

Academy is somebody's workplace too.
harge57
AG
Seriously? I bet you that sign is down by Friday. Bad move on their part.
03_Aggie
Why is this anything more than their property, their prerogative?
aggielostinETX
AG
03_Aggie said:

Just a dumb PR move based on who they target. No business from me.
DallasAggies01
AG
I was just there on Tuesday and there were no signs so it must've been put up yesterday. It's got a bar outside. One thing else I did find cool was their custom cooler shop. You can order coolers with maroon rope handles and as well as maroon latches.
Hoss
AG
That's it! I'll never buy a Yeti product again!!

And if I did it would be my first since I've never thought they were worth the $$$.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Yeti doesn't own the building where the store is located. I'd bet a lot of money that the placement of the sign is by the building owners and not Yeti.

edit: a quick search of Travis County tax rolls show the building is owned by a limited partnership called CPG 220 Soco LP which is partnered with Cielo Property Group in Austin. Yeti is just a tenant.
'03ag
Finn Maccumhail said:

Yeti doesn't own the building where the store is located. I'd bet a lot of money that the placement of the sign is by the building owners and not Yeti.

edit: a quick search of Travis County tax rolls show the building is owned by a limited partnership called CPG 220 Soco LP which is partnered with Cielo Property Group in Austin. Yeti is just a tenant.
Retailers rarely own the building where their business is located.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
'03ag said:

Finn Maccumhail said:

Virtually no one owns the building where their business is located.

And for the record "virtually no one" is not remotely correct. It's certainly less common for businesses to own their building but it's not rare at all.

Besides, my point was that the signage was most likely placed by the building owners and not Yeti.
aggielostinETX
AG
Considering Yeti's attorney defended the postings, I kinda doubt that.
AgEng06
AG
Deats said:

What's he saying, or what is his position?
aggielostinETX
AG
AgEng06 said:

Deats said:

What's he saying, or what is his position?
from the FB post:

Quote:

So I called and spoke with their attorney. He said he wasn't going to debate or discuss the issue and licensed holders are not allowed in the building.
AgEng06
AG
Ah, ok. I was thinking/hoping he had a series of posts or a statement about it.

Thanks.
'03ag
I edited before your post for the hyperbole, but I would disagree. It's pretty rare. Especially in retail. And I sincerely doubt the building owners put those up. That would be pretty rare as well.
Aggieangler93
AG
Yeti is not real friendly at all, since being bought out by the Yankee holding company a few years back. They have quit support for local and statewide non-profits like CCA. I hate downtown Austin with all the hippies, and filth, so I avoid it like the plague anyway. No skin off my back.

If you don't allow CCL holders to carry in your place of business, then you ain't for me!
PorkEatingCrusader
"They post 30.06 & 30.07 signs." So? Unless its a 51% sign I walk right past these signs ARMED!
03_Aggie
I'd be curious to see how many of the staunch "if I can't carry them you won't get my business" folks aren't allowed to carry by their own employer.
hoosieraggie
S
The reason I believe is that store has a bar in it..Serving alcohol maybe the reason for the sign
AgEng06
AG
hoosieraggie said:

The reason I believe is that store has a bar in it..Serving alcohol maybe the reason for the sign

Serving alcohol and 30.06/30.07 aren't related.
'03ag
03_Aggie said:

Did anyone say it's not Yeti's prerogative? It's their right for sure. It's also potentially unwise. Personally, I associate the brand less with hunting, and more with flat billed hats and muddin' tires that have never been off pavement. But this store setup suggests they target the "outdoorsman" market, and the signs don't seem to fit that.

__

I'm willing to bet, that if really pressed, Yeti will say that this is because they have alcohol. Which we know is nonsense.
'03ag
03_Aggie said:

I'd be curious to see how many of the staunch "if I can't carry them you won't get my business" folks aren't allowed to carry by their own employer.
Specious argument. My employer isn't a retail store.
03_Aggie
And you can purchase a YETI without visiting that location. You can probably even purchase them from places that allow you to carry.

Quite the conundrum.
'03ag
What a bizarre and nonsensical pivot.
aggielostinETX
AG
03_Aggie said:

And you can purchase a YETI without visiting that location. You can probably even purchase them from places that allow you to carry.

Quite the conundrum.
Not really...
mts6175
AG
03_Aggie said:

03_Aggie
Not really. You pointed out it was a retail store. It's a single location, and one of many ways to purchase a YETI. People aren't saying they won't be visiting that location but they will still buy YETI products, they are saying they won't be doing business with YETI because of the signs at that location.
03_Aggie
mts6175 said:

03_Aggie said:

In what way? Because I said I'd be curious to know?
'03ag
None of which has anything to do with whether or not their employer allows them to carry.
PorkEatingCrusader
mts6175 said:

03_Aggie said:

wadd96
AG
I've seen a lot of events at their flagship that include bands and beverages... It would seem to make sense even if they are not 51% due to the nature of those events.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Aggietaco
AG
03_Aggie said:

Not really. You pointed out it was a retail store. It's a single location, and one of many ways to purchase a YETI. People aren't saying they won't be visiting that location but they will still buy YETI products, they are saying they won't be doing business with YETI because of the signs at that location.
The exception being that this is the ONLY Yeti retail store in existence and thus a pretty apparent display of their thoughts on LTC in Texas. I'll be interested to see how this plays out, but it seems like a bad move on their part.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.