Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC SoftPak

20,161 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Finn Maccumhail
GigemCO2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know RTIC is notorious for their delays, but has anyone who ordered one of their softpaks actually received one?

I haven't seen a single review by a person who bought one yet.

I ordered mine in Early April, delivery has been pushed back x2, now end of July. Great, miss the entire summer.

I wonder how they think this is all going to work out when they bring out a new product, that people won't order them?
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
I wanted to get one for my Pecos River trip in a couple weeks, but noticed they aren't going to be available until the end of July, according to their website. Not even available for purchase at their physical address yet. I want to give these guys a chance, but it is hard to when reading all the b.s. people have put up with since this brand has come about.
Vernada
AG
I'm sure RTIC is thrilled about these delays too.
texags08
AG
Know how I know you didn't order their first cooler?
texags08
AG
Get back to me when you have to pre-order it twice and it takes 6 months and 7+ date changes.
GigemCO2008
AG
I am sure there are not thrilled also, but the customer service rep said due to high demand, there has been a delay.

They probably follow the Dell model, take money upfront and then use it to fund their operations. I know it's not a Ponzi scheme, but my warm beer shir does think so.

Before introducing a product and throwing it all around on Facebook, website, advertising, why not actually have some inventory to ship out.

Every product they have introduced has been plagued by these delays. They have a market and they know it but still s*** the bed when it comes to meeting demand.

GigemCO2008
AG
You proved my point for me, growing pains are one thing, but 3 for 3, that's poor management.
91AggieLawyer
AG
At some point isn't it just better to pay the price for a Yeti, have one in hand, and be done with it?

I mean, we're talking, what, a couple hundred extra bucks? Not a big fan of carrying a balance on a credit card, but I probably would do that rather than not have a cooler for the summer like the OP is proposing.
bam02
AG
Cancel and order a Polar Bear.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
quote:
At some point isn't it just better to pay the price for a Yeti, have one in hand, and be done with it?

I mean, we're talking, what, a couple hundred extra bucks? Not a big fan of carrying a balance on a credit card, but I probably would do that rather than not have a cooler for the summer like the OP is proposing.

Even though getting mine was a little bit of a headache, getting a cooler that is just as good for half the price and being able to remain anti-establishment (yeti) is totally worth it.
GigemCO2008
AG
Well I Mean rtic even "borrowed" the design from Grizzly, but can't bring the product to market.

The Yeti tears up your arm pretty well while trying to get a beer. We borrowed one from my Uncle and my wife and I agreed we liked a softpak, but would prefer the design of the Rtic.

I think the RTIC will end up being a better cooler than the Polar.
texrover91
AG
You guys do know Texags is now legendary for cooler threads / Yeti bashing? and the RTIC buyers here have probably caused half the delays

I sent the RTIC thread to a buddy of mine who does branding (he was rebranding a cooler company) and he thought it was a gold mine
Black Knight
To answer the op, I do not believe that anyone has received them. I ordered a 20qt on March 7th which was day 1 or day 2 at the latest. The original ship date was listed at May 14 but that has now been pushed to June 4. I believe that the final product will be better than the advertised pictures as I saw the redesign at the warehouse a few weeks ago.
Hoyt Ag
AG
I called and asked them about my orders (I have 6 on order) and they said they have arrived and will ship by end of month. I am not holding my breath though.
Dennis Reynolds
quote:

Exactly what I did. I'd rather pay the extra money to have something I can pick up and use right away. Wait times have kept me from buying any cooler from Rtic. Cancelled my pre-order last summer once I saw the delays coming and them also changing cooler colors to only tan and white. Thought about getting the softpak last month but once again I didn't want to wait until after summer to get it.
AggieChemist
AG
There is plenty of inventory of YETI coolers because they're 500 ****ing dollars.

There are delays on the cheap ones because there are a ****load of people that would like a quality cooler but don't want to have to pay 500 ****ing dollars for it.
agfan2013
AG
If OP saw the original RTIC thread and still ordered, I dont feel bad for him. If he didnt, then let me be one of the first to let you know that they arent good at shipping, you should just come to expect it, or buy somewhere else.

They are getting better, marginally, but still not where they need to be. I'm extremely pleased with my cooler but wont buy from them again unless its something I buy and have in hand in less than a week or so.
GigemCO2008
AG
My original question was whether or not anyone had actually gotten their Softpak.
There has not been a single independent review of their new product, so I didn't know if anyone had actually gotten one if they ordered as soon as it was released.

The later replies are just venting my frustration.

I would like to make an informed decision as to whether it is worth waiting for the cooler, or just suck it up and buy a Yeti/Polar Bear.

I have read the RTIC thread, but it died off in April, and I didn't that it had been brought back to life on May 18.
Kramer
AG
When you go through China for manufacturing, you get it when the Chinese get around to it. And they get around to when you pay them to prioritze or your competitor stops paying them to delay.

Thems tha rulez!
Dennis Reynolds
quote:
There is plenty of inventory of YETI coolers because they're 500 ****ing dollars.

There are delays on the cheap ones because there are a ****load of people that would like a quality cooler but don't want to have to pay 500 ****ing dollars for it.
Not a very good argument. Yea the 110 qt is $500. Average person does not need a 110. There are 10 cheaper sizes/models.
texags08
AG
quote:
When you go through China for manufacturing, you get it when the Chinese get around to it. And they get around to when you pay them to prioritze or your competitor stops paying them to delay.

Thems tha rulez!

And good luck around Chinese New Year. We in the tech industry know all about "promises" from China.
reagan1k

I mean, listen, we're talking about soft sided coolers, not a gun, not a bow, not a boat, we talking about coolers man.
Sean98
AG
quote:
I called and asked them about my orders (I have 6 on order) and they said they have arrived and will ship by end of month. I am not holding my breath though.
But did they say WHICH month??
RK
AG
yes; the month in which they ship. it will be by the end of that one.
histag10
AG
We were looking at getting the RTIC soft side cooler, but need it sooner than July-ish.

Are the polar bear coolers comparable? I had never heard of them, but $99 for a 48 can doesn't seem bad (need it for bass boat and road trips).
RK
AG
People rave about the polar bear h2Os. I have a hopper but will get one of those if I need to add to my soft side arsenal.
MrJonMan
AG
My understanding is the main difference is they aren't leak proof....otherwise supposed to be really good.

May surprise people, but no, I don't own one of their soft sided coolers yet
jamaggie06
AG
Wow! Just looked at these online. Could they have cooied the yeti more exactly? I mean, I love America but damm, the Rtic looks like i just bought a Chevy Silverado, took off the Chevy logo and stuck on my new "Hevy" logo.
Bigballin
AG
quote:
Cancel and order a Polar Bear.
+1
agfan2013
AG
quote:
Wow! Just looked at these online. Could they have cooied the yeti more exactly? I mean, I love America but damm, the Rtic looks like i just bought a Chevy Silverado, took off the Chevy logo and stuck on my new "Hevy" logo.

Just wake up from under a rock? Have you seen their hard coolers too? Slap a couple yeti stickers on a RTiC cooler and even the brodozer drivers wouldn't be able to tell a difference. It's kinda their thing.
mts6175
AG
quote:

Ask Yeti the same question.....
TAMU77CLAY
AG
Buy a Polar Bear
230Ag
AG
quote:
I'm sure RTIC is thrilled about these delays too.
you act like it isn't their fault. unless I am missing something, their company, their suppliers, their fault.
230Ag
AG
quote:
except you can actually order and receive a YETI instead of waiting 6 months for it to be shipped.
230Ag
AG
quote:
People rave about the polar bear h2Os. I have a hopper but will get one of those if I need to add to my soft side arsenal.
I have an H20, but after usually my friend's hopper - I think the hopper has an advantage in maintaining ice.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.