Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC SoftPak

20,126 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Finn Maccumhail
GrizzlyCoolers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OP, we have prototypes of all sizes of these coolers. We were developing the bags before they were stolen in the middle of the process.

I can tell you the last samples we received did not pass our testing. There were two major flaws that would have needed significant work before we would have released the product.
texags08
AG
quote:
OP, we have prototypes of all sizes of these coolers. We were developing the bags before they were stolen in the middle of the process.

I can tell you the last samples we received did not pass our testing. There were two major flaws that would have needed significant work before we would have released the product.

Any chance you will do a premium product with waterproof zippers?
AimToMaim 06
AG
Got a reply from RTIC for a soft cooler, ship dates are now extended through August '16.

Couldn't wait that long so bought two AO coolers from Amazon. Haven't had a chance to use them yet but they pass the eye test.

One in Canvas (36) and one in Vinyl (24).

Look great, zippers feel good. As soon as they are used, I'll post a review.

https://www.aocoolers.com/

Old Town Ag
AG
I have a AO soft cooler I picked up at Bucee's. Love it.
bigboykin
AG
The AO vinyl coolers are great. I don't go on too many multi-day Saharan expeditions with them, but they keep my beers and lunch cold for a full day 10+ hrs fishing in the Gulf.

I got the 3-pack (24, 36, and 48 can varieties) on clearance from West Marine for $140 which is basically like getting one of the 3 for free even compared to Amazon. Hell of a deal, IMO.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/ao-coolers--stacking-coolers-three-pack--16696718
CTP93
AG
http://Bisoncoolers.com

SoftPak is great. 12 pack and 24 pack version. Full disclosure: I am on the ProStaff. Genuinely love their products. Aggie owned.

Use Discount Code TEXASMUSIC and get 15% off.
GrizzlyCoolers
quote:
quote:

Any chance you will do a premium product with waterproof zippers?

We have something in the works, but it does not have a zipper enclosure.
Old Town Ag
AG
quote:
http://Bisoncoolers.com

SoftPak is great. 12 pack and 24 pack version. Full disclosure: I am on the ProStaff. Genuinely love their products. Aggie owned.

Use Discount Code TEXASMUSIC and get 15% off.
Exact same cooler for 1/2 the price:

https://www.aocoolers.com/coolers/vinyl-series.html
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
getting a cooler that is just as good for half the price and being able to remain anti-establishment (yeti) is totally worth it.

Notice the bold.

I was looking into these other brands as well, but I'm not prepared to wait months over what amounts to about $100-150. If they end up shipping quickly or on store shelves before I buy, then I will certainly look into it.
Hoyt Ag
AG
My order came in. The guys that work for me liked them as a gift.

RK
AG
"it's a Willard..."

tlh3842
AG
When did you place your order?
Tim Taylor
are you able to buy them yet in houston
tlh3842
AG
Their website says they won't ship until the end of August. I'm pretty sure you can't purchase any of their coolers in person in Houston
GigemCO2008
AG
Let us know how it holds up!

Hopefully the zipper holds
I'm glad your guys like them. They could probably sell it for a 30% markup on eBay lol
Hoyt Ag
AG
Early March.
Black Knight
Received mine today as well. I believe that I ordered the first day that they were available.
GigemCO2008
AG
Well, I went by the RTIC Office off Hempstead near 290 and 6.

They had some of the softpak's on display and it just made me want it more. The current Gen won't have these Backpack straps built in, but they did have a sample of what a camo version was like.

Didn't get a pic of the other eye candy that works the front of the store, but its worth a drop in fellas.

Picked up a 20QT Hardside from their scratch and dent section in the front. 20% off for a few scratches on a cooler seemed ok. Beer will continue to stay in it.

Agmechanic
AG
Yeti in the hand is worth two rtic in the bush
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
Yeti in the hand is worth two rtic in the bush

While I haven't seen the Rtic soft cooler in person I like the zipper layout better than the Yeti from the pictures I've seen.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.