Outdoors
Sponsored by

2016 Outdoor Board Weight Loss Thread

25,633 Views | 262 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cmag
BreNayPop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I got a late start this yr. See my post in march above.

Started great last year and went from 248 to 228 in may 2015. I then fell pff the wagon

I started again this year on 2/23/16 @ 251 lbs.
On 3/23/16 i was 238.8
On 4/22/16 i weigh 232

And i quit all tobacco after 15 yrs stone cold on 2/2/16. And am still without.

Hope all others are doing ok.

5/2/16- wt 229

Ran 5k back to back sat and sun. ( slowly at 37 mins each, but ran it nonetheless).

Bench max up 20 lbs in 4 wks... still less than my hs max but 205 is better than it was.

Its a process, not an end pt
Drshovelhead
quote:
I'll play. 44yo
Jan 1 Weight 251lb
Goal by end of year 200lb

How often are we posting updates? I need the motivation.
Got off to a rough start this year. I ballooned up to 260 by middle of Feb. Got back on track and currently:
May 4th.
243.6 lbs.

Who ever suggested the My FitnessPal app, Thank you.
Chazz03
AG
quote:
Finally broke out of 220 down to 218.

I feel like I'm tryingto get weight off a show pig.

217 this morning
TheClaw07
AG
Started in February at 213 with a goal of 185.

183 this morning and looking to get down to 175.
Buck Compton
AG

quote:
2016 starting weight (01/01): 232 lbs.
2016 goal weight: 205
Final goal weight: 190
Final 3-mile goal: 19:00

02/01 update: 221 lbs., 25:00 3-mile time
03/02 update: 216 lbs., 24:30 3-mile time
04/01 update: 214 lbs., 24:17 3-mile time
05/04 update: 214 lbs., 23:51 3-mile time

Did some international travel for work that just killed me this month on not being able to cook.

aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
1/1 223
2/10 218
3/2 215
4/1 212

Need to roll back cheat days and get to gym 4x per week

Goal 185 by 12/15

Changed things up after a stall and back slide. Got back up to 221 on 5/5. Started Whole30. Now down to 207 as of this morning.

Also set a PR squat record of 320lbs.
Trying for the 1000 pound club. (Squat+deadlift+bench > 1000 pounds).

2 weeks left on Whole30 and I want to get to <200.
BreNayPop
AG
5/21

Down to 225

Need to get back to work.
ironmanag
AG
Got down to 215. Back up to 230. I am a stress eater. Never really realized that till this year. Summer goal 200 by sept.
TheClaw07
AG
Been holding around 180. Was 213 at the beginning of February with an initial goal of 185. Been holding 185-180 since April 26.
aggielostinETX
AG
Me too man. So I had to make it that I could eat as much as I wanted. Had to get rid of the card snacks.
cheeky
AG
Started at 217 Feb 2nd and now 183. About 5 lbs to go.
MouthBQ98
AG
Update: my fitness instructor at my crossfit box decided my diet was holding me back and did something simple:

She took body dimension measurements, neck, chest, legs, arms, waist, etc. So I can gauge both fat loss and muscle add.

She gave me a pretty simple set of dietary do and don't instructions. Take out fried, add in veggies and greens, use olive and coconut oil to cook, eat regularly, avoid processed carbs, cut way back on dairy (lactose intolerant), no sugary drinks.

In one week I went from 202 to 197.

One week. And I eat plenty. 3 egg omeletes with grilled veggies and bacon is a typical breakfast. Or whole cut oatmeal with a couple egg whites cooked in. Its easy.

I also am getting used to being a little hungry, ingoring it, and functioning just fine instead of running for a snack.
Canyon99
AG
Holding at 206 after being very lazy with my diet in March and April. Down 16 on the year with 18 to go. Next short term goal is 198 by mid June. Long term is 188 by August.
RustyBoltz
AG
Finally broke back into the 170's this month. It's been rough but I weighed in at 179.3 Monday night. We'll see if I can continue the trend.
TRIDENT
AG
Started year at 247. Now 233. Goal is 220. Halfway there!
aggielostinETX
AG
204 this morning.
Still pushing onward.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

Sept 2015: 295
Jan 1 2016: 270
Mar 9 2016: 254
Mar 29 2016: 249.0
been sitting at 250 for awhile now, haven't really gone up or down lately. Had my yearly checkup the other day, and my blood pressure has gone from 148/85 a year ago to 110/66
Chazz03
AG
quote:
quote:
Finally broke out of 220 down to 218.

I feel like I'm tryingto get weight off a show pig.

217 this morning
214 day before yesterday
hammerhead
quote:
quote:
quote:

6'2"

Start....235

Goal....200 or less

was 219 on 2-1.
was 206.8 yesterday...going to 195.
6-29-16... checked in today at 196.0. Body fat at 18.5%. Have been +/- 2 lbs for about 6 weeks. Just trying to maintain. Have taken 7" off of my gut
Buck Compton
AG
START - 232 lbs., 6'0", 25:48 3-mile time

2016 goal - 205 lbs.
Overall goal - 190 lbs., 19:00 3-mile time

06/30 update: 208 lbs. 22:49 3-mile time - Great year so far, but really hitting a plateau on the 3-mile time.
ironmanag
AG
Start 230
Current 220
Down 10 lbs working hard this summer. Up to 3 miles running. Lifting.. Really motivated right now
stdeb11
AG
Started: 185
Yesterday: 175

Gotten a lot stronger and biking to work the past 6 weeks has helped shed some weight.
DeadCiv
AG
280 on March 2 when I started a ketogenic diet with a nutritionist.

Hit my goal of 215 this week.

Now the hard part, transition and maintenance.
RustyBoltz
AG
177.4 this morning

I'm certainly headed in the right direction but progress is slow. I'm kind of at a loss because I feel my diet isn't substantial enough to support all the cardio I do but too much to really support substantial fat loss. I may need to finally give in and consult a nutritionist.
aggielostinETX
AG
Summer is slow but did drop to 202 this morning...

Pool nights arent helping
BreNayPop
AG
quote:
5/21

Down to 225

Need to get back to work.

6/21

Down to 222

Back to work
RustyBoltz
AG
Another month, another couple pounds. I weighed in at 174.6 Saturday morning then went for a hellish 6mi run and a 48 mi bike ride to West and back. Ended the day with a glorious amount of Wingstop in an effort to put a dent in the 4000cal deficit I racked up.
I'm going to start ramping up my training following this weekend's Bad A$$ Brazos Half (and the following weekend's Xterra Trail 10k) in preparation for the Kerrville 1/4 Tri in September.
ironmanag
AG
Lost 20 pounds this summer. Ran 4.5 miles furthest I have ever run in my life. Still have 25 to go.
MouthBQ98
AG
May 1: 207
Aug1: 178

29lb in 3 months. Changed nothing but diet. No cokes, minimal processed carbs. Tons of meat and veggies, minimal fried foods. No bread, pasta, cookies, chips, French fries.

Occasionally, I will have a carb treat, but no more than weekly or so.

Focus on your diet. Cut the processed carbs out: sugars and starches. You will start dropping weight fast. Eat lots of veggies and greens and proteins and some good fats. Fats slow down your carb absorption so they don't convert to fat before you can metabolize them. Your body has to convert most carbs you eat to fats before it can reverse the process to make the carbs your cells metabolize. Put it to work on your existing fats instead of giving it more carbs to turn into fats. Eat enough vegetables and you'll get all the carbs you need from that.

Not saying to go full Atkins, but a moderate paleo diet is working great for me. Eat a few slices of bacon and a couple eggs for breakfast. A little fat is fine with your protein.

I never realized how good it feels every day to be at a healthy weight.
Aries
As soon as this damn baby comes out, that is what I will be doing. I pretty much had finally adapted & was enjoying a diet like this when I got knocked up & was seeing results. It will be good to get back to that & get this weight starting to go bye-bye (hopefully).
Sean98
AG
I'm essentially at the very same weight I was when this thread started. I vary between 205 and 209. But it's a much better 207 (as of this morning) than it was 7 months ago.

All that said, I was at a conference all week last week and then on the road and consequently I ate like sh**, even though I kept working out, and I feel terrible today. I never, EVER, thought I'd say this but I have to go buy some damn spinach and fruit.
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
START - 232 lbs., 6'0", 25:48 3-mile time

2016 goal - 205 lbs.
Overall goal - 190 lbs., 19:00 3-mile time

06/30 update: 208 lbs. 22:49 3-mile time - Great year so far, but really hitting a plateau on the 3-mile time.

08/02 Update: 206 lbs. - almost to my goal for the year, survived July 4th boozing and elk hunt training started in the middle of July. Stepped it up to 4 miles today @ a nice round time of 31:00.

Officially amending my yearly goal from 205 to 200. These are the pounds that are difficult to shave.
ironmanag
AG
Just ran 7 miles non stop. Going to run a half marathon in Oct.
BaitShack
AG
Currently at 250. -20 for the year so far. I gave up alcohol a month ago and I've been walking a 10-20K steps a day.

I've gone from a 42 size jeans to a 38.

I'd be happy with 220-230 by the end of the year.
jetch17
AG
quote:
May 1: 207
Aug1: 178

29lb in 3 months. Changed nothing but diet. No cokes, minimal processed carbs. Tons of meat and veggies, minimal fried foods. No bread, pasta, cookies, chips, French fries.

Occasionally, I will have a carb treat, but no more than weekly or so.

Focus on your diet. Cut the processed carbs out: sugars and starches. You will start dropping weight fast. Eat lots of veggies and greens and proteins and some good fats. Fats slow down your carb absorption so they don't convert to fat before you can metabolize them. Your body has to convert most carbs you eat to fats before it can reverse the process to make the carbs your cells metabolize. Put it to work on your existing fats instead of giving it more carbs to turn into fats. Eat enough vegetables and you'll get all the carbs you need from that.

Not saying to go full Atkins, but a moderate paleo diet is working great for me. Eat a few slices of bacon and a couple eggs for breakfast. A little fat is fine with your protein.

I never realized how good it feels every day to be at a healthy weight.
THIS.

i have done this since Jan 2015 and dropped 65 lbs with very little working out. Drastically cutting back on booze & beer helped alot, as well. But as you mentioned above, you never realize how good you can feel until you maintain a healthier lifestyle. It boggles my mind to think i was carrying around more than my daughter weighs a couple years ago.

Main thing is, just stick to it during the week, slide a bit on the weekends with alcohol (if thats your thing) and food you enjoy (TEX-MEX!), then get back on plan on Monday

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.