Outdoors
Sponsored by

2016 Outdoor Board Weight Loss Thread

25,604 Views | 262 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cmag
metrag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was 260 to start,

now 254 (on 2/5). I'm sure last night didn't help, haha...
Post removed:
by user
AgBQ-00
AG
Lost some focus on diet this week.

Maintained at 278. Time to add to the work out and refocus my diet.
Aries
I have found tracking my food on an ap helps a lot. It is especially helpful when eating out because it pretty much has every food from any any restaurant in there. Just helps me make better choices since working out is hard to do on a consistent basis.

For example: I like to make egg sandwiches for breakfast. They are easy & filling. I used to use a bagel but after logging them for a week, I switched to whole grain English muffins to decrease carb & calorie intake. Makes a big difference on my numbers.
07fta07
AG
Bagels are a killer and they look so innocent. Good call on the switch to the English muffin.
Fountain
Start-255
Today-241
highvelocity
AG
Little late to the party..

Started at 230 Jan 1

2016 goal: 220 and bench press body weight 10 times
garyt73
AG
240 on 1/1/16.
238 on 2/1/16
236 on 3/1/16
Two per month is much slower than I intended, but will be OK as a minimum.
TheClaw07
AG
I'll join in... Started at 211 on Feb. 10. Was 199 this morning. Goal is to get to 190 and maintain between there and 185.
agfan2013
AG
1/1 - 186
2/1 - 184
3/1 - 181
Post removed:
by user
Canyon99
AG
1/1 - 222
3/1 - 206
RustyBoltz
AG
Weighed in again at 182 this month. Not sure why I'm not losing that much since I've been keeping to my diet pretty well while running 3x a week, cycling 1day/wk and still working out 3x/wk. Once I make it past the half marathon I'm running on the 19th, I may try messing with my macros/calories, but for now I'm ok not gaining bad weight.
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
2016 starting weight (01/01): 232 lbs.
2016 goal weight: 205
Final goal weight: 190
Final 3-mile goal: 19:00

02/01 update: 221 lbs., 25:00 3-mile time
03/02 update: 216 lbs., 24:30 3-mile time

Picked back up traveling cross country 4-5 days for work again, so been trying to eat healthy at team and client dinners, but have had too many cheat days. End of March goal is 212, but that'll be tough if I continue to lift.
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
Weighed in again at 182 this month. Not sure why I'm not losing that much since I've been keeping to my diet pretty well while running 3x a week, cycling 1day/wk and still working out 3x/wk. Once I make it past the half marathon I'm running on the 19th, I may try messing with my macros/calories, but for now I'm ok not gaining bad weight.
After the half marathon, look into a few sprint session workouts, and definitely mix up your run/bike distances and intensities. Take a week off then jump right back into it. All these things can help break through a plateau in my opinion (even if it's just mental).

Keep getting that heart rate up. You may have hit a natural weight for you, so listen to your body about food - might need to change that up too after your marathon like you said.
GasAg90
Started at 250
End of Jan 234
Current. 226

Original goal was 225
New goal 215
07fta07
AG
Started 212 with half year goal of 200 and EOY at 190.
I am at 201 this morning, so moving my half year goal to 195. Not sure I want to go below 190, so I'll see how I look and decide if I want to move the next goal to 185 or so.
jtp01
AG
I'm late to the party here, but

Jan 1- 298 lbs

March 3- 266.4 lbs

2016 goal- 245 lbs

2014 I weighed 330 lbs- I got down to 270 the. Packed 30 on in 2015. This time it's coming off for good.
Aries
Down 7.5 lbs just by tracking what I shoved in my mouth. Clothes are fitting looser & people are seeing a change. Adjusting calorie intake to see if I can start losing more than a pound a week.

No sodas is definitely helping & now I'm cutting out alcohol completely.
Chazz03
AG
Finally broke out of 220 down to 218.
Aries
Doctor51
AG
Down to 285. 15 down 35 to go
sixbarag
Sponsor
AG
Late to the party here but I'll join in.
After early visit to doctor this year he convinced me to make a serious life change.
Started seriously watching what I eat on Jan. 14th.
One week later started riding stationary bike 6 days a week. Up to 30 mins day now (avg. 6-7 miles) followed by a 1/2 mile walk cool down.
Jan 14 - 205
Feb 1 - 198
March 1 - 189
March 4 - 187
March 9 - 185

Goal of 180-182 by end of April
ajn142
AG
quote:
Just my update,
SW: 281
CW: 264.8
GW: 210
Lost so far: 16.2

The magical little bioelectric impedance machine at the gym claims I'm at 32% body fat, which is lower than I expected. Don't know if I trust it though.
Well, got a little lazy on the diet this past week. Need to get it back in check. That said, still weigh less now than I did then, just feel like I could be doing better. With that said, I'm close to what I weighed coming in to A&M, just not sure which side of the line I'm on.

CW: 252
Lost so far: 29
Aries
Well it seems things have changed. Looks like I'm going to be trying to maintain the weight for the next 9 months.
Sean98
AG
Keep it in your pants!
Aries
Well I told him too but he didn't listen!
AggieChemist
AG
Haven't checked in for a while. Still dropping but very slowly. 250.6
Yuccadoo
1/1/2015 starting weight 314.
1/1/2016 weight 264
3/5/2016 weight 249

My 3 month target from here is 238

I should then be able to get back in my favorite set of Vanson racing leathers. And get back on the track.

AgBQ-00
AG
Started 12-26-15 weight 295

This morning 269
Chazz03
AG
quote:
Finally broke out of 220 down to 218.
It's coming off now. Down another 2 lbs this morning.
TRIDENT
AG
Started 1/01/16 at 247, with a goal of 220. This morning I was down a total of 13 pounds to 234. I have cut back (way back) on my alcohol intake and reduced eating carbs/sugars. I have increased my daily water intake and hours of sleep. I have increased my cardio work slightly and I have continued weightlifting 2-4 times a week as schedule permits. So, ancient Chinese secret: eat right and exercise.
Aries
My low carb eating is out the window.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Late comer:

Sept 2015: 295
Jan 1 2016: 270
Mar 9 2016: 254

I'm shooting for 230.
AgBQ-00
AG
All you have to do is get back to it. If that is the route you want to go then slip-ups are not game enders. Just have to correct and learn. You can do it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.