Outdoors
Sponsored by

2016 Outdoor Board Weight Loss Thread

25,609 Views | 262 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cmag
BaitShack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Unchanged for January. I found out the other day that I'm going to have brain surgery late March. If I could drop 15-20 lbs by then it might help with the recovery. I've cut way back on the alcohol.
Mojave
AG
quote:
What's everyone's method? I'm at 275 and would like to be under 250 but can't wrap my head around a good plan. I have a terrible sweet tooth that gets me in trouble and a 3yr old that limits things as well. Any hid in home workouts our body weight workouts that are good? Thanks
I started Jan 1st at 197.2.
Down to 184.8 on 1/30. (12.4 lbs)
My goal is 165-170. I am 53 y.o. (Class of '86)
I haven't had a drop of alcohol since New Year's Eve. Not a problem I just wouldn't be able to lose an ounce if I drank. I average eating 1200 low-carb calories a day. Around 1000 per day during the week and a little more on the w/e. 45 minutes jogging on the treadmill 5 days a week. I track my progress daily with an excel spreadsheet. I try to maintain ketosis throughout.
All bread and crackers are whole wheat. I eat lots of nuts, bananas, mixed fruit, all varieties of meat, some cheese, fish, salads, & eggs. Lots of water, tea and coffee. I generally hate vegetables so I don't eat much of that.
I did the last thing last year and got down to about 173 before I fell off the wagon. I was running 4.2 miles a day but hurt myself (hips) by pushing too hard for my age. I had to stop all exercising for several months. This year I am sticking to light treadmill and walking when the weather warms up.
Shooting for more sustained success this year
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Man, prayers for you for a successful surgery and recovery. 10lbs would be pretty easy to do in a month and a half just by eating clean and getting some walking in....and lots of water.
BaitShack
AG
Thanks. 8 hour surgery with 4-6 weeks of recovery. Although the surgery eill be at M.D. Anderson, the good news is that it's not cancer and I'll have a good shot at getting back to 100 percent.
Post removed:
by user
garyt73
AG
I didn't have a very good loss month.
Started Jan 1 at 240,
Feb 1 at 238.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Beginning 290
End of January 282

Could have been better, could have been worse
agfan2013
AG
1/1: 186

1/31: 184
AgBQ-00
AG
280 as of this morning
aggiechugger
AG
I didn't start till the 20th due to a conference I had to go to. I started at 286 this morning at 278. It's slow going but I didn't pack on all this weight in a few weeks so its going to take more than a few weeks to drop it. I have been doing a large breakfast every morning (around 800 cals), then small meals the rest of the day (around 300 cals each).
Eating the large breakfast of eggs and ham or sausage in the morning really helps me keep from being hungry. I did lose a lot of weight once using a diet that focused on having a bowl of plain oatmeal every morning but I was hungry an hour after breakfast. It was also a such a strict diet that it made me want to cheat on it.
Bazooka Joe
AG
quote:
I'll play.

Starting at 211
Goal is 190 by March 1.

206 at the start of February and flying to Vegas tomorrow. Let's just say I may need to back my goal date back a month. ..or so.
Fountain
245 this morning
Post removed:
by user
07fta07
AG
quote:
I'll play
2016 start: 212
Goal: 200 by July and 190 by EOY

Down to 205 on 2/1
TRIDENT
AG
Started 1/1 at 247. This morning I was at 238. Goal is 220.
stdeb11
AG
1/10ish: 185
2/1: 181.5

3.5 down, 16.5 more to go
DX2011
AG
Jumping in the thread late, but I am in the middle of a weight loss competition.

1/11: 219.8 LB's
2/1: 205.4 LB's

Goal is to lose 40 by 3/31 (weigh out day) and then bulk back up to 190 (the right way) by my wedding on 4/30
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
Jumping in the thread late, but I am in the middle of a weight loss competition.

1/11: 219.8 LB's
2/1: 205.4 LB's

Goal is to lose 40 by 3/31 (weigh out day) and then bulk back up to 190 (the right way) by my wedding on 4/30

Best of luck to you! However, I will caution that 40 pounds in about 10-11 weeks at your starting weight is not healthy weight loss. The initial pounds were a lot of water weight, so to lose 25 more over 8 weeks you need a 1500 calorie deficit per day, and muscle will start to be used as well as fat, making that bulk up even harder.
Buck Compton
AG
2016 starting weight (01/01): 232 lbs.
2016 goal weight: 205
Final goal weight: 190
Final 3-mile goal: 19:00

02/01 update: 221 lbs., 25:00 3-mile time
DX2011
AG
Yea, the March 31st goal will include a rediculous salt purge/fiber push/cleanse, all during a period couple days of very low calorie input. Basically a push to win a pot that got big enough to be worth a miserable 2-3 days. All under close supervision of a nurse with a nutrition degree (pays to pick them well sometimes!).

Realistically I'm trying to get to 185 and then build but even that is more or less a "I don't want to get lower than this" goal. Staying at about +/-1200 calorie deficit for as long as I feel good then upping the deficit 1000 until I weigh out or get to the 185 range.

Not the healthiest way to lose weight but not an awful way to basically get an extra paycheck!
GasAg90
Started:250
Goal 225
Current 234

Lost this month: 16

dtkprowler
AG
Started 213
Current 201

Most importantly, my blood pressure
Starting bp: 159/97
Current bp: 129/83

Whole30 diet is hard but it works. Gonna take a few days off and then do 30 days again.
Signel
AG
Down 10 lbs! Snacks after work were killing me. I've cut down on the booze too. Just sippin now days.
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Sounds like some folks are killing this.
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
Aries
Thought I would have lost more than just the 4 lbs. But I had a doctor appointment today & got some good tips & encouragement. I haven't breastfed in over 4 months but still making milk so that could be making the weight loss harder. (That's lot of information, sorry guys)

So now I'm going to track my food intake & possibly do 21 day fix this month.
cheeky
AG
Time for me to jump into this program. Age 46, 217lb, just put on blood pressure medication. Goal is <180 and normal blood pressure. Beginning with a juice cleanse.
DiskoTroop
quote:
Sure I'm in again.

31 years old
6'0"

Jan '15 - 380lbs
Dec '15 - 315lbs
Jan '16 - 320lbs
Dec '16 - 260lbs
Feb 1 '16 - 319lbs.

I've changed my work out a bit to include some weight lifting now at this point so its possible I've built some muscle. I'm still losing volume though, I know that much. My pants are looser!!!
RustyBoltz
AG
Start tracking all your food with MyFitnessPal and try to squeeze in at least 30min of cardio at some point in the day and slowly increase the intensity of your cardio. Drink >64 oz of water throughout the day which helps your body process sodium and curbs hunger brought on by thirst.
Cutting calories from drinks (soda, sweet tea, etc) helps tremendously. I limit the snacks in my home - threw out all the sweets. If I snack it's raw trail mix, dried fruits (prunes, apricots - high in fiber and potassium), apple with peanut butter, 100cal popcorn bag...
I do keep a couple bars of >75% cacao dark chocolate in my desk at work if I want something sweet after lunch but they are low sugar/carb/cal and I go straight to the gym or for a run/bike ride after work so I utilize those simple carbs/sugars.
Drillbit4
AG
Down 3 lbs out of my 22 lb goal. Slow and steady...

I second the MyFitnessPal. If anything I stop mindlessly snacking bc I don't want to have to enter it all in. Now just eat 5 small meals a day. no snacking.
craig09
AG
Just getting on board...

27 yrs old
5'8"
Starting wt 215
Goal wt by end of May 190
Goal wt by end of yr 170
ajn142
AG
Just my update,
SW: 281
CW: 264.8
GW: 210
Lost so far: 16.2

The magical little bioelectric impedance machine at the gym claims I'm at 32% body fat, which is lower than I expected. Don't know if I trust it though.
hammerhead
quote:

6'2"

Start....235

Goal....200 or less

was 219 on 2-1.
AggieChemist
AG
Weigh in for the week is 252.
AgBQ-00
AG
278 as of this morning
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.