Outdoors
Sponsored by

2016 Outdoor Board Weight Loss Thread

25,619 Views | 262 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cmag
Col. Steve Austin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I weighed in yesterday at 228.5. I am 6'1 and 61 y/o as of 1/6. The weight comes off more slowly now but does come off if I work at it. I won $300 in a "biggest loser" contest at work a couple of years ago taking off about 12% body weight so I know I can do it.

Wife wants me to lose 20 lbs. I feel like I need to lose more like 35+ and get down to 195 or so.

I am starting out as of yesterday with just eating less overall and more healthy foods plus cutting down on alcohol.
agfan2013
AG
This thread last year helped me on my way to losing 29 pounds. From 215 to 186 now, this year I'm looking for another 10-15 to get in the 170 range.

Sadly I predict this will become a graveyard after about 5 months or so just like last year but hopefully you guys will stick to these goals and see some good results.
tmaggie50
AG
Jan start: 243
Jan 30 goal: 225

I've def got a chance. I have about 10 pounds of water weight I can drop within a week
Birddog 99
AG
Last time I tried was 2012 or 13. Time to give it another shot.

Starting 260ish (will check when I get home)
Goal (realistic) 225
Goal (fantasy) 200
Colonel A. 1976
AG
I'm in ...hard on an old guy!!
Jan 2016 Wt 263
Dec goal 200....
Drshovelhead
I'll play. 44yo
Jan 1 Weight 251lb
Goal by end of year 200lb

How often are we posting updates? I need the motivation.
Canyon99
AG
In
Jan 1: 222
End of year goal: 188

Edited start and goal weights.
FancyKetchup14
AG
In

I lost over 30 pounds last year. Lost steam in the fall when I transferred cities for my job.

January 3rd - 254

Goal by end of May 2016 - 235

Goal by end of December 2016 - 220
AgeofEase08
AG
October 15 - 269 Lbs
January 16 - 249

Still have 35 to go!

Goal is 215

MyFitnessPal FTW!
Signel
AG
At 240 and need to get all the way down to 215 to 220. I've been on keto for well over a year and I started near 380 I think....

I wear size 36 or 35 pants and xl shirts. Feels great but I want more. I had Steak and Antelope for dinner with green beans.
Poke_the_Bear
AG
I'm in

2016 start - 241
2016 goal - 210
RustyBoltz
AG
Bump ttt as we head into the weekend.
GasAg90
Start 250
Goal 225

This week...242

But to be honest I started after a three day bender in Vegas so I knew the early pounds would be easy.

dannyag07
AG
I had a rough year last year and everything I lost I put back on.

Jan start: 211
Goal: 180's

We'll see what I can get accomplished.
Bazooka Joe
AG
I'm a newb to the weight loss challenge...how often should updates be posted? My starting weight and goal were posted back last week. How do the OB masses like to track everyone's progress?...Weekly, monthly, etc.
RustyBoltz
AG
Typically everyone posts updates the first of each month.
Aries
Well I'm gonna jump in on this. I'm a girl so not going to post weight but will post goals. I started making changes last week & so far so good. Some things I am doing....

Cutting out alcohol during the week & only have some on Saturday & Sunday. (this will be hard)
Limiting carbs & not cooking any at dinner time.
No more creamer in coffee & working on cutting out sugar in my coffee.
Cardio no matter how slow every day I am off. (Started this yesterday. Walked 2.5 miles yesterday, 3.8 today)

Goal is to lose 25 lbs before getting pregnant again. Would like to be able to do a turkey trot at Thanksgiving.
AgBQ-00
AG
Starting weight 289

Ultimate goal weight 190

Goal this year 235

Since the 1st I have started walking every day at least 30 minutes. This will increase. I have not had a coke/ dr pepper since new years. Cutting portion size down and slowing down how fast I eat. drinking more water.

Mostly I'm tired of being fat, and not feeling like doing things I like and trying things that sound interesting and fun because I am too big and out of shape.
FSGuide
How come I just now saw this thread?

I'm in.

I dropped 16 Lbs in the last quarter of 2015. My knees already thank me.

Starting weight for 2016: 240 Lbs

Goal: 220 Lbs.
stdeb11
AG
2015 start: 165
2016 start: 185
2016 goal: 165

Moving to thinner air killed my workout motivation (that and the beer)
Fountain
I joined the thread last year but didn't do squat, I'm much more motivated this year. I'm just tired of being this heavy.

1/1- 255
1/22- 247

Goal- under 200

Other goals-
no drinking during the week and in moderation on the weekends
quit smoking

I quit sodas last year and finally got off the energy drinks this year. The only caffeine I have is a 24 oz cup of coffee in the morning...my wallet thanks me for kicking those two habits.
agdad4x
I'm in

1/2/16 285 lbs
1/22/16 278

goal @ 12/31 = 250

good start but need to stick with it
Chazz03
AG
I was down 3 pounds this week. Then a coworker brought some amazing donuts this morning.
gcracker13
AG
Started 2016 at 200 even. Down to 191 on this beautiful Monday morning
Canyon99
AG
Keep working, Ags.
AggieChemist
AG
254. I had a pretty bad weekend, nutrition wise. I think I'll drop a couple this week as I get that out of my system.
AgBQ-00
AG
283 as of this morning. Down from 286 last week. Working for 270's next week.
agfan2013
AG
Looks like I'm only gonna end up down a pound or so for January but with two work trips this month that were a majority of the week each time, I would have been happy to just maintain my 2016 starting weight. February is where I'm gonna get after it.
agregg07
AG
Started: 203
Goal: 185
Current: 200
Mojave
AG
quote:
Sure, why not?
Start = 197
Goal < 170
1/27 - 11 pounds down @ 186 since Jan 1st.
Canyon99
AG
Down 10 to 212.
RustyBoltz
AG
Weighed in at 182.0 Thursday before leaving town. I brought my running gear with me so I could get in a 6mi run this morning.
Training for the Bearathon is really keeping me on track this year.
bdgol07
AG
What's everyone's method? I'm at 275 and would like to be under 250 but can't wrap my head around a good plan. I have a terrible sweet tooth that gets me in trouble and a 3yr old that limits things as well. Any hid in home workouts our body weight workouts that are good? Thanks
Aries
Well I have been eating really good & enjoying it. I have really cut out all liquor except the occasional vodka & club soda. I haven't had any sodas this month except once when we went out bar hopping for a birthday party.

Haven't been able to walk as much as I wanted but the kid was sick with pink eye & then ear infection so she was home with me a lot. But I did 3 miles Wednesday.

Only down 4 lbs as of this morning but seem to be down 1.5 inches around my belly.

Goal for February : walk 20 miles.
Beckdiesel03
AG
I'm also in and also a girl and have similar goals to Aries. Between sick kids and being sick myself I finally got started last week. Down 3 lbs and have 10 more to go. Cut out alcohol during the week which is easy but dang it sucks on the weekends. Also cutting carbs at dinner time. I've been doing T25 during kiddo #2 morning nap and then walking at lunch when my kids will let me( 4yo *****es the whole damn time about walks but I can handle him. The baby screaming from the stroller is another story....) my fitness pal has also helped me really keep my eating in line.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.