Outdoors
Sponsored by

Rain is outdoors.....

1,263,219 Views | 7034 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ABATTBQ87
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Glad to see all rhe reservoirs filling up. Very angry about the mosquito plague revving up now though.
Keegan99
AG
@TWCNewsAustin: Rain Report: 3.10" of rain fell in 1 hour 19 miles SW of Llano! #HillCountry #txwx #highlandlakes
rather be fishing
AG
Big storm tracking right over Buchanan right now.
p_bubel
Upper Guadalupe getting a good soaking tonight.
Tressels Vest
AG
Another 1.55" for me yesterday.
Kenneth_2003
AG
I'm hearing that the Nieces is forecast to stay out of its banks in the Bluntzer and Calallen areas for 4-6 weeks based on current rainfall alone.
aggielostinETX
AG
Llano river is boogieing.

http://hydromet.lcra.org/lakevolume/systemprofile.aspx
B-1 83
AG
quote:
I'm hearing that the Nieces is forecast to stay out of its banks in the Bluntzer and Calallen areas for 4-6 weeks based on current rainfall alone.
Uvalde, Crystal City, and Cotulla got another soaking last night. Lake Mathis is at 100% and Choke just below 40. That rain needs to be a few miles east.
Tree Hugger
AG
Ray Roberts is one foot above flood pool right now and they aren't discharging at all, so they are beginning to fill the flowage easements so things are getting interesting. Lewisville (the next downstream reservoir) is discharging at almost 6,400 cfs so it looks like they are trying to draw that down in preparation to start lowering Ray Bob, it's just a matter of whan they start doing this.
Nagler
AG
I would like to request a break for Saturday and Sunday in the Kendalia area. This rain is really going to screw up my Memorial Day floating.
danieljustin06
AG
The Corps partially opened the floodgates at Texoma. If no more rainfall came (which it's raining right now) they expect it to still go over the spillway on the 25th.
Aggie_3
quote:
I would like to request a break for Saturday and Sunday in the Kendalia area. This rain is really going to screw up my Memorial Day floating.

We need the rain more than a river float
Slided bread
AG
The Texoma spillway is fixing to be a river here shortly.... With more rain in the forecast
Aries
DFW scanner is reporting some major flooding in north Fort Worth. Looks like a school bus got swept into a ditch.
mpl35
AG
Llano River at Llano is at 4,083 (CFS) up from 310 (CFS) yesterday
Sandy Creek near Kingsland 2,422 (CFS) up from 168 (CFS) yesterday

All that water is headed down the lakes to Travis.
rilloaggie
AG
quote:
The Texoma spillway is fixing to be a river here shortly.... With more rain in the forecast

Geez...nearly 20' high!
Cole97
AG
quote:
DFW scanner is reporting some major flooding in north Fort Worth. Looks like a school bus got swept into a ditch.
Yikes. I hope no kids were on board and I hope the driver was okay.
txaggie_08
AG
quote:

Yep, sucks none of it hit Buchanan, but Travis needs just as badly..
Texas Tide
AG
quote:

You haven't floated until you've bounced off trees, rocks, and Schliterbahn signs while holding your beer above an angry Guadalupe River
mpl35
AG
quote:
quote:

Yep, sucks none of it hit Buchanan, but Travis needs just as badly..
True. It might not make a huge difference, but hopefully all the rain will lower the need to release as much from Buchanan. That might help some.
txaggie_08
AG
Yeah, I'm hoping it will lower the need to release water as the Llano flows into Lake LBJ.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Victoria is shutting down the riverside park including the zoo because thr River is out of the banks and expected to crest tomorrow. We just had another 1" though so not sure if that is still an accurate forecast.

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2015/may/20/flooding-forces-zoo-closure-concert-changes-venue/
fightingfarmer09
quote:
Victoria is shutting down the riverside park including the zoo because thr River is out of the banks and expected to crest tomorrow. We just had another 1" though so not sure if that is still an accurate forecast.

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2015/may/20/flooding-forces-zoo-closure-concert-changes-venue/

They had to evacuate the zoo back in 1998.
Nagler
AG
I'm not asking for a cancellation of the rain, I'm just asking for a 2 day window.
GarryowenAg
AG
The weatherman predicted another 5-7 inches for the DFW area through tomorrow.
Swarely
quote:
quote:

You haven't floated until you've bounced off trees, rocks, and Schliterbahn signs while holding your beer above an angry Guadalupe River

Back in '07 (I think) my BIL and I went to go see how badly it was flooded and ended up renting tubes and buying a six pack. Did the two hour float at the horseshoe in about 40 minutes. We got off the river still on our first beer. Couldn't ever drink it because we had to hold on so much. 10/10 would do it again.
B-1 83
AG
2 1/2 at my house this afternoon, and 4"+ downtown Corpus. That makes 8 1/2 inches in the last 6 days. I was near Encinal today, and I've never felt that red sand country "spongey".

Corrected for typo
BoerneGator
AG
Filth?
PhiAggie
AG
Falcon continues to rise. The small island next to the bridge is no longer accessible. Zapata got pounded again today!
STX Ag
AG
Pretty crazy scene at my office in central CC today. Office almost flooded, had to wade to the car, hundreds of cars swamped and thousands of peolple stranded at convenience stores, underpasses, and other places of high ground.

Did see one light truck swept into a street sign pole with passengers clinging to the pole.
Smithjg
quote:
quote:

They had to evacuate the zoo back in 1998.
Unfortunately, they did not evacuate the reptile house! I volunteered and worked for several days doing electrical work, drying out receptacles, switches replacing anything we couldn't dry, etc. So the third day in a row, I am working in the reptile house, in the dark and mud everywhere, in my rubber boots. I take a break to go out and cool off, no ac, so no a/c. The zoo keeper comes over and we are discussing the animals, what they saved, what they didn't. I asked where the snakes and spiders are kept and she tells me "oh, we couldn't rescue them in time, we are hoping they all survived, so keep an eye out!" Keep an eye out my ass, I've been working in there 10 or 12 Hours a day for days and she is just now telling me this? This is something I would like to have known on the first day!

I got another .5" today, after .25" yesterday. My total,for the last 8 weeks is over 21 inches.
SW AG80
AG
Drove through Eldorado last night in the hardest rain I have driven through in over 10 years. When I drove out of it west of town, the draws were 20-30 yards wide and were flowing like rivers.
txyaloo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Back in '07 (I think) my BIL and I went to go see how badly it was flooded and ended up renting tubes and buying a six pack. Did the two hour float at the horseshoe in about 40 minutes. We got off the river still on our first beer. Couldn't ever drink it because we had to hold on so much. 10/10 would do it again.
That flood filled Travis quickly. I remember diving at Windy Point shortly after the current died down. Water was ~20' feet high above the bluff.

Went from this:

To this very quickly

It'd be amazing to see the same in the next few weeks
PhiAggie
AG
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
70% of the state has no drought and only 3% at D2, nothing at D3-4
First Page Last Page
Page 13 of 201

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.