Outdoors
Sponsored by

Rain is outdoors.....

1,262,903 Views | 7034 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ABATTBQ87
Elephant Tears
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm in Water Valley (northwest of San Angelo). I'm stuck in my house this morning because water is flooding over our bridge. 4.5 inches caught in rain guage but I'd be willing to bet it was a lot more than that. My father in law hasn't seen water over the bridge since the floods of the early 80's.
gillom
AG
We've got 250 acres we lease to a wheat farmer near Ballinger, I'm assuming it's getting close to lost by now.
Lungblood
quote:
Looks like the Concho Valley finally got some lake changing rain last night. All the rain the state has been getting and Ivie was only up a couple inches.

Great news but the more I learn about the dynamics of that area and lake ivie, the more I'm convinced it is prob doomed.

In other news, nastysota apparently got 8 inches yesterday.
gillom
AG
Oh, Ivie will never stay at full pool. It falls at a pretty constant rate. It'd be nice for it to catch 15-20' and give us 2 years before we have to worry about ramps being accessible again.

There are some things going on around Ivie that should slow the fall. Most importantly, lakes to the west are filling up which should reduce how much is sucked out, at least for awhile.

Also, my parents live a few miles from Navasota and caught 4 inches in their rain gauge with the rain blowing sideways for the most part.
fightingfarmer09
Pasquale Liucci
AG
I'm originally from Granbury, born and raised there. Glad to see it full. Have seen pictures posted on Facebook lately of the water rising.

I have friends back home who haven't been able to get boats out in years and some who bought lakefront property that quickly became beachfront property.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

Damn Somerville is 188% full
fightingfarmer09
These levels are high, but they need to start working that water downstream before the next huge rain. The Brazos will run high for a while so they can store that rain expected way upstream (talking 7 inches).
OnlyForNow
AG
Completely agree, I don't think they need to be letting any water out of anything above Whitney unless it's going to be a dangerous situation.

DOH! I swear I know that, just not thinking about it clearly. I meant the Brazos too because it's closer to my house... don't know why I said Colorado.

Anyways, the water was about 15 feet from the high bank at Hwy 99 this weekend, will be interesting to see what it does over the next 24 hours.
carpe vinum
AG
The Navasota feeds into the Brazos.
The Wonderer
AG
Heading to PK this weekend. Really excited to see it within 5' of full. Last year was absolutely horrible for boating and water sports.
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
quote:

Damn Somerville is 188% full
Looks like it. On Water Data for Texas they're showing it's 10' above conservation pool, and holding 279,300 ac ft, when conservation capacity is 147,100 ac ft. Lake level is 248' this morning, but still 10' below the crest of the spillway. The main gate is only releasing 400 cfs. Oh the irony... Now boat ramps are closed because of FLOODING! You boaters can't catch a break can you!

I'd noticed Yegua Creek was flooding, but DAM! (Pun intended)

It looks like they're trying to work it out of the Trinity as fast as they can too. Noticed Livingston is slightly overfull and discharging over 50,000 cfs.
fightingfarmer09
Richmond Brazos should crest Wednesday Morning around 41 foot, well in the action stage. Hempstead appears to have crested at 1 am this morning ahead of schedule.

This website shows all of the river gauges if you could find a good site.
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=hgx&gage=rmot2&prob_type=stage

Tabular data has 15 minute readings.
OE_Ag11
AG
Dang it. Too much water at Somerville so the boat ramps are closed and after calling Birch Creek they expect them to stay closed for this weekend. It's memorial day weekend, that's just wrong.
PANHANDLE10
The whole Panhandle getting another bath today. Wow. Anywhere from 1-4 inches already and it's gonna rain all day. We have not had this much water in a long time.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Forecast for this weekend shows that parts of North Texas could get 6"+ of rain, with Central Texas receiving 5"+ of rain

Parts of Texas might receive over 10" of rain for the month of May!
fightingfarmer09

Allen's Creek beginning to back up as the Brazos crests near Wallis. Moved out over 10 foot in less than 10 hours.

This is the watershed that will backup in this area in a flood.
ccag02
AG
I've already received 8 inches in San Marcos this month!
ABATTBQ87
AG
quote:
I've already received 8 inches in San Marcos this month
I've recorded 7.28" 7 miles west of San Marcos, off of RR12 and Hugo Road.

If the forecast is right we may get another 3-5" this weekend
BaitShack
AG
Pics of the flooding at Big Creek Marina at Somerville.

https://www.facebook.com/kim.m.sparks/photos?pnref=lhc
Keegan99
AG
Latest 7 day:

Wet Memorial Day weekend.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Good to see the RRV getting rain. Hope the wheat crop can hang on...

Such a delicate balance of needing moisture so desparately and producing crops some times.
AgsMnn
AG
Parents live in Dime Box. Dad says he goes in the pasture and its 2"-4" in water everywhere.
El Chupacabra
quote:
I'm in Water Valley (northwest of San Angelo). I'm stuck in my house this morning because water is flooding over our bridge. 4.5 inches caught in rain guage but I'd be willing to bet it was a lot more than that. My father in law hasn't seen water over the bridge since the floods of the early 80's.

Bro in San Angelo showed me a pic of a rain gauge in his back yard showing close to 5".
carpe vinum
AG
2 tornadoes on the ground heading for Mineral Wells
danieljustin06
AG
3.25" in Muenster last night from 1230ish to 330ish
Ag In Ok
AG
Now that OC fisher is up 20 something feet, is the water still red?
Elephant Tears
Not red...just very very muddy. And there are quite a few john boats, propane tanks and sheds in the lake now that got caught in the flood on the North Concho.
CanyonAg77
AG
Lake MacKenzie and White River Lake in the Panhandle/South Plains, each up 13 feet in the last 60 days. Still a long, long way from full, but a very nice start.
BoerneGator
AG
Structure!
Chazz03
AG
Free john boats
Elephant Tears
Lol. Whats left of them anyway. The one i saw had more tree limbs through it than metal covering it. I know of one 300 gallon propane tank that is missing...that would be a good find.
AG
Talked to a farmer friend of mine in Hondo and Sabinal yesterday and they are prying for no more rain until Saturday night at least so they can get as much wheat out as possible before the heads start sprouting, said it might already be too late. looks like 2-4" are expected Saturday-Sunday in the San Antonio area and a line could come through overnight tonight and drop an inch or so. If they aren't able to get any out they will be losing in the six figures dollar wise.
Chazz03
AG
Mom and Dad finally got some south of Midland
HTownAg98
Storm sitting between Llano and Fredericksburg right now. This is a good thing.
First Page Last Page
Page 12 of 201

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.