Outdoors
Sponsored by

Rain is outdoors.....

1,262,632 Views | 7033 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by ilikeit
carpe vinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nawlins this morning. Those are train cars.

PANHANDLE10
Doppler Dave is still up here. A couple weeks ago there was a handful of tornado warnings and we got like 30 minutes of live in studio Doppler Dave. Live storm chaser footage too. It was good stuff.

The storms were out here in BFE and away from Amarillo. A bunch of people from Amarillo kept calling the station and asking them to put Wheel of Fortune back on. Haha! Dave called them out during his live session. Said the small town folks matter more than WOF. It was awesome. We take our good weather coverage for granted I guess.
techno-ag
AG
Cane's!

schmellba99
AG
quote:
Nawlins this morning. Those are train cars.

Damn!
STX Ag
AG
Well we had a 0% chance if rain today, so what did I wake up to?

Rain.
Slided bread
AG
Looks like the Panhandle has been pounded..... Over 6 inches just north of Lamesa... Anyone out there?
Elephant Tears
Yup. Pretty bad flooding in Lubbock and surrounding counties. Drove past multiple houses under water up to about 3 feet.
STX Ag
AG
Any of those lakes up there going to catch anything? Meredith?
GigEm78
AG
The Walking Aggie, John Ball, walked 17 miles today into Lamesa from east of Seminole. Will be interested to see his journal entry tonight in his website. Wunderground showing 10" in some areas around there.
Hoyt Ag
AG
My FIL owns thousands of acres around Lamesa. Said his rain gauge showed 10 inches at one spot. He has not tallied all he lost yet, but its gonna be a big number.
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
Any of those lakes up there going to catch anything? Meredith?
Looks like most of the runoff will be into the Red, Brazos and Colorado, not the Canadian. But the Canadian watershed area got 1-1.5".

It could help Travis and Buchanan.
aggielostinETX
AG
Sean98
AG
Looks like (please no jinx! NO JINX!) we may finally be getting some of the rain you damned Texans have been hogging for months. We really, REALLY need this rain in Kansas.

CanyonAg77
AG
I like these Intellicast maps. Not real accurate geographically, but they give you a good idea. These are centered on Roswell, NM, the closest I can get to the Panhandle.

24 Hour Precip, as of 7am each morning

7 Day Precip

Kenneth_2003
AG
For as much as we've gotten, the creek's and rivers still aren't flowing.
rather be fishing
AG
We've had over 3" at the house in Austin and it's still raining good.
Tressels Vest
AG
quote:
Looks like (please no jinx! NO JINX!) we may finally be getting some of the rain you damned Texans have been hogging for months. We really, REALLY need this rain in Kansas.

Some parts of Kansas have seen great rains recently.
aggielostinETX
AG
More rain coming...
DripAG08
AG
Hopefully the Hill County gets a good turd floater today and thru next week. Tanks need it real bad.
Sean98
AG
True. And I'm happy for it, particularly up in bird country. But at my house we haven't gotten very much.

I think these maps change, but as of now if you look at that tiny blue speck in SE Shawnee Co (right of center where it says "TOP")... with 1-2+ inches all around me? I've gotten 1/2". BUT I was supposed to get another half inch last night (ZERO). And we're supposed to get more this afternoon ... and for the next several days. It's heavy. It certainly feels like it should rain.

ursusguy
AG
You are in Kansas, therefore your lack of rain is punishment for your sins....I'm sure someone is saying that.
carpe vinum
AG
frankie says watch yer cornhole Dallass
XpressAg09
AG
Frankie don't play
CanyonAg77
AG
Mom reports over 8 inches of rain this morning north of Hale Center, according to her weather station Flash flood warnings in northern Lubbock, southern Hale counties. I-27 underpass flooded in Hale Center.
aggielostinETX
AG
Could be another bad night in OKC
carpe vinum
AG
This is what 7" of rain in OKC does to your tornado shelter.

Aggie_3
quote:
This is what 7" of rain in OKC does to your tornado shelter.

holy crap its not supposed to do that......

when preppin goes bad
AlphaBean
AG
Ray Roberts officially above full pool.
anscag07
AG
Another 7" just this morning? Wow!
OnlyForNow
AG
What **** luck.

And I love me some Frankie, I really wish the national weather alerts were done by him. At least then I'd pay attention.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I wish I managed a local tv news operation, so that I could put Frankie as chief meteorologist and Kige Ramsey as the sports anchor. I'd probably drag Dan Rather's old bones out of retirement to sit between them.
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
Another 7" just this morning? Wow!
Talked to her this evening. Her weather station shows 10.98 inhes today. This is on top of 5 inches a few days ago. Keep in mind that yearly average in this part of the world is 18 to 20. This area flows into the Brazos drainage via Callahan draw and Running water Draw. Any flow ought to end up in White River Lake near Crosbyton.
fightingfarmer09
In the Valley today. Back to irrigating corn along the river, amazing how quick it turns when they have no root system. Tons of diseases in corn and sorghum this year.
fightingfarmer09
In the Valley today. Back to irrigating corn along the river, amazing how quick it turns when they have no root system. Tons of diseases in corn and sorghum this year.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 6 of 201

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.