Outdoors
Sponsored by

Rain is outdoors.....

1,262,732 Views | 7033 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by ilikeit
Centerpole90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
County Executive Director. The person who runs the FSA office for that county or counties.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Ah, no I don't know them.
htxag09
AG
quote:
We were all driving real slow with hazards on for about 20 minutes.

Can someone please explain why so many people do this? Now I understand slowing down and turning on your lights, but why the hazards? IMO, the only thing it does is prevent anyone from seeing your blinker if changing lanes.
Kenneth_2003
AG
It's to alert someone that not only are you on the road, but you're not driving normally. In this case you're driving slower than someone might expect. The flashing lights from the hazards grab more attention than a steady beam. If someone is (stupidly) thinking, oh there's the lights from the car ahead, and keeps driving 70 they'll plow into you.

It's similar to pulling over in the fog and turning everything off in your car. If you pull over in heavy fog but leave your lights on you're more likely to have someone drive right into your butt than if you pull over and go 100% dead in the water.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Dp
XpressAg09
AG
quote:
For comparison sake here is April 19, 2011

How does that compare to what California is going through now? Everyone is raising stink about Cali, but I remember no one giving two shiits about Texas. Isn't this when Obama joked that half the state was on fire when Perry was (embarrassingly) running for Pres?
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:
For comparison sake here is April 19, 2011

How does that compare to what California is going through now? Everyone is raising stink about Cali, but I remember no one giving two shiits about Texas. Isn't this when Obama joked that half the state was on fire when Perry was (embarrassingly) running for Pres?

We were in as bad a shape then as they are now.

The biggest difference is that a large portion of the issues in CA right now are politically driven - mostly to do with a small fish that lives in the deltas of rivers there that falls under the endangered/protected class, so they are not allowing water to be diverted to the Imperial Valley for irrigation. I don't know that irrigation would solve all of their woes, but it would definitely help the farming drought that central CA is going through right now.

And, like in many other places, CA has seen a massive population boom over the last few decades with almost zero new infrastructure development. Same deal with their issues a few years back on rolling brown-outs.
B-1 83
AG
6.8" in Calallen in the last 10 days. I fear the mosquitoes....
ABATTBQ87
AG

I live in South Hays County west of San Marcos and I have to argue the fact that Hays County is considered "Abnormally Dry".

I record rainfall daily, and have been since Jan 1, 2007, and I can tell you that this is the 3rd wettest Jan-April since 2007

We've had 56 days of rainfall = 13.47"
Post removed:
by user
XpressAg09
AG
Then why the hell are we supposed to feel sorry for them?
techno-ag
AG
They're in a drought because of liberal Democrats.
Aggie_3
quote:

i dont they just need to stay in california and stop coming here to the Free and Independant Nation of Texas
schmellba99
AG
quote:

Because, obviously, they are California and much more important than the rest of us. After all, they demand their own blends of gas, their own standards of vehicle emissions and about a million other things that ultimately get projected upon the rest of us.

Hell, they are even demanding that eggs produced in other states, but that may be sold in California, come strictly from free range chickens.

Get with the program son, they are California.

FTR, I don't feel sorry for the people that elected themselves into their mess. I feel bad for the good people that bear the hardship of the ignorant masses over there.
agsalaska
AG
Yep. Hazard lights help tremendously in situations like heavy rain, snow, etc.
Cromagnum
AG
quote:

Mosquitoes are already god awful south of Houston.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:

Mosquitoes are already god awful south of Houston.

Shockingly, I haven't had any issues with them. And that is with the ditch in the front having poor drainage.

I know it is but a matter of time though. Always is.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
carpe vinum
AG
They are in for a ridiculous wildfire season.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
If California had decent water storage plans they would be able to survive the drought with minimal restrictions, but all their fresh water flows into the ocean. And the fish the hippies were trying to save is dwindling quickly and will possible be extinct soon.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
carpe vinum
AG
Watch yer cornhole, Dallasites and Foat Wuthians.

Crown Weather.com @crownweather 2m2 minutes ago
Xtrm southern Oklahoma/northern Texas w/ svr wx risk 3 pm-midnight-baseball size hail, wnds of up to 75 mph & a few tornadoes psbl. #severe
OnlyForNow
AG
Baseball sized hail.

My parents experienced that in Denton back in the early 80's... hail went through the roofs of many houses that day.
carpe vinum
AG
The map doesn't look THAT bad.

aggielostinETX
AG
For DFW, it may not be a good day.
Ground is saturated. Trees are full of leaves. Temps are rising. All bad things that lead to big problems.
carpe vinum
AG
STX Ag
AG
Well our jobsite in Alice is shut down for the day. **** this rain. If you work outside in South Texas, you are taking it up the a$$ so far this year.
danieljustin06
AG
quote:

Someone is using GRLevel.... I love that program.
carpe vinum
AG
crownweather tweet
B-1 83
AG
Another 2.8 inches in Calallen since noon
Centerpole90
AG
Centerpolette is @ Area track meet in Banquete - had to ride out the rain and a little hail in the bus.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Hard rain here in Beeville around noon today. Came down for nearly 45 minutes. Thankfully no wind or hail.

But alas, not a whole lot of it out over the watershed. Especially not hitting Choke Canyon in major quantity. Ugh...
First Page Last Page
Page 4 of 201

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.