Outdoors
Sponsored by

We need an AR pic thread.....

48,471 Views | 187 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by highvelocity
BenderRodriguez
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Another question about the 7.62 can on a 5.56 barrel (Accuracy).

Do you sacrifice any accuracy putting a can designed for another caliber on your rifle?

Non issue.

7.62 cans are popular because you can use them on 5.56, 7.62, .300 blk....it'll be a tough call if a 7.62 or .22 can will be my first.
meggy09
AG
quote:
Another question about the 7.62 can on a 5.56 barrel (Accuracy).

Do you sacrifice any accuracy putting a can designed for another caliber on your rifle? As Meggy09 stated, real world data is showing the 7.62 can is performing better than the 5.56 in terms of actual sound suppression which seems like a no brainer since it is larger. However, I would not want to sacrifice any accuracy just to gain 5 or 6 dB.

Anyone know whether this is a concern or a non-issue?
Any loss of actual accuracy from a can from what I can tell will be generally due mostly to the attachment method, QD cans are more prone to a drop in accuracy from shoot to shoot**, but are improving. So there shouldn't be any noticeable difference in between a 556 and 762, both being QD.

You will most likely notice a POI shift, but the larger the bore of the can compared to the projectile, the less shift will occur.

**While the can remains on the barrel accuracy should not be affected, the drop in accuracy comes from removing and reattaching.
Mr. Dubi

Sorry, there's a shotgun in there
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Mr. Dubi
Yeah, what Meggy said. Mine shifts ~1" right @100 yards with identical pattern; YHM Phantom 30 cal LT on Rainier Match Series barrel. In theory, some of the QD's will give predictable POI shift if they manage to lock in the same place every time. I need to run a few more tests to verify the precision of POI shift though, just waiting for the weather to cooperate.
LoneStarFree
Palmetto State 5.56/.223' Vortex Strikefire and Magpul stock and afg, Troy battle rail.

Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
This thread is my nightmare
kmac30
AG
kmac30
AG
S&W M&P (Gift from my wife on my 30th)
Surefire light
Vortex Strikefire II (Usually on it)

Found out i was going to kill some hogs this weekend in south texas and threw on my old deer rifle scope and sighted her in. The scope is crap but got a 1" group at a hundy. That will work for killing pigs.

Log what is the butt stock you have on those rifles. I can't make up my mind on what i like. What do you like about it?
schmellba99
AG
The POI shift between can/no can is due to the weight of the can and the camber/stress it puts on the barrel.

The older QD mounts sometimes had issues with alignment and coming loose after several shots, but most every manufacturer has a solid QD system now that prevents these two things from being an issue.
CharlieBrown17
AG
If you're talking about the adjustable stocks the top one looks like a STR and the bottom is a CTR. Both Magpul.
CharlieBrown17
AG

PSA 16" premium M4 upper
MOE handguard
MOE + grip
CTR stock
Black Forge lower
G2S-E trigger
Primary Arms 4x ACSS prism scope
Triad
AG
Cledus's Rifle looks like one that would only take a few shots to hit the broad side of a deer blind...
cledus6150
AG
Yep, that's why I have a 30 round CLIP...... oh yeah I went there !!!
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
Yep, that's why I have a 30 round CLIP...... oh yeah I went there !!!

How many shells does it hold?
ShaggyAggie01
AG
PorkEatingCrusader
cledus6150
AG
HAHAHA love it, I believe it holds 30 of the assault style rounds, though it may be more.
TexAgBolter
AG
HvilleAggie
AG
Dat roll mark doe...
Log
AG
quote:
S&W M&P (Gift from my wife on my 30th)
Surefire light
Vortex Strikefire II (Usually on it)

Found out i was going to kill some hogs this weekend in south texas and threw on my old deer rifle scope and sighted her in. The scope is crap but got a 1" group at a hundy. That will work for killing pigs.

Log what is the butt stock you have on those rifles. I can't make up my mind on what i like. What do you like about it?

What CharlieBrown said. STR and CTR.

The STR has a wide, triangular cross section when viewed from the rear, which helps with cheekweld when shooting with a scope. The CTR has a narrowed cross section, which makes shooting with a RDS easier.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Adding to what log said, the CTR and STR also both have an extra locking device so it's way more solid than the POS stock I used to have.
lglidewell
Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel, Zeiss 4.5-14x44 RZ800

DDMK18 w/ Spikes SBR lower, Leupold 1.5-4x20 scope in a Larue LT104 mount is on it now
AgySkeet06
AG
Towns03
AG
LMT 14.5 upper
Mega lower

[url=http://s109.photobucket.com/user/townsend_h/media/IMG_0699_zpsc413f445.jpg.html][/url]
tlh3842
AG
I'm so jealous that so many people have cans on their ARs..
TylerAg98
AG

Well, here it is. Man, I'm pumped! Don't know if these images are going to show up. This is my first try.
TylerAg98
AG
**EDIT** Photos seemed to work now.....
ShaggyAggie01
AG
quote:
Well crap, what photo hosting site do you guys like?

I can see them fine on mobile
bigtruckguy3500
quote:

Where'd you get that sling. I've been looking for one with that adjustable clip but haven't been able to find one.

Also, here's mine. Want to replace the Strikefire with a 1-4x scope. But eventually looking to upgrade to a free-float midlength.

theterk
AG
I need to take pictures of mine...
BCO07
AG
seems like i am seeing more and more angled foregrips. are they actually beneficial over vertical or none at all or is it just a trend?
bigtruckguy3500
quote:
seems like i am seeing more and more angled foregrips. are they actually beneficial over vertical or none at all or is it just a trend?
I don't run one on mine, but I think they're more ergonomic than not running one. Just takes some strain off your wrist. But personally I think the vertical fore grips are used incorrectly by the majority of shooters. The way I hold a rifle with a vertical fore grip is similar to how I'd hold a gun with an angled foregrip. Basically two fingers on the handguards, two fingers on the grip, and the thumb on the handguard, and use the foregrip to push the rifle into my shoulder. In my opinion, holding the foregrip completely vertical with all fingers is more unstable.
New Boot Goofin
AG
Nice piece, RED
CBarrett12
AG
You all have cost me hundreds upon hundreds of dollars...starting my .300 suppressed build soon. For now:

Spikes Lower
YHM upper
Leupold Mark AR glass
Magpul UBR

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.