Outdoors
Sponsored by

Get to know your neighbor outdoorsmen

23,018 Views | 235 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OneMoonGoon92
Ag97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A&M class of 97 (AgEcon)
Outdoor Interests: Hunting, fishing, storm watching, observing nature in general
Work: Territory manager for a farm equipment manufacturer
Other: Would like to get more involved in shooting and archery competition but will probably have to wait a few years till kids are grown and time and money are more available.
joshag2007
Class: '07
Outdoor Interests: Offshore/Inshore/Freshwater fishing, Hunting (Dove, Quail, Deer, Hogs)
Industry: Landscape Architect

Other: I've been out of school for 3 years yet I still find myself picking up ranch work for people on weekends because I love the outdoors and manual labor (I need help)
Sean98
AG
Other things of note:

1) Blue star for queso for sticking up for the landed gentry all day.

2) Artemis has been on FIRE all day.
quote:
Anything else? You name it, I can do it.

3) Glad to see DVM has come back down to computer earth.
quote:
Interests: huting, fishing, Aggie football

4) schmelba is screwed because DVM is sellin' out to the man and moving to B/CS.
quote:
Anything else? Just glad to be back home, and apparently I'll need to get with DVM for vet services since he's 15 minutes south of me.

MouthBQ98
AG
Class year (School also if not A&M): '98 (I.D.)
Industry: Telecom
Outdoor interests: Fishing, shooting, archery, kayaking, boating, camping, hiking, trying to get more into hunting, skiing when I can, a bit of biking and vehicles, beer.
Anything else? Goin fishing? Also, I own several collies, and know a lot about herding dogs.

[This message has been edited by MouthBQ98 (edited 8/27/2010 9:41a).]
Ol Jock 99
AG
Class year: 99 & 01. BBA in Accounting, MS in Finance
Industry: CPA and Leg Breaking for PotatoChipsUSA (have to make sure Log's hard work doesn't go to waste)
Outdoor interests: Hunting, fishing, general merriment
Anything else? Wife of 11 years, 2 year old son, church, family, friends, food, bourbon
TxCntryBoy
Class year: '74 BBA in Accounting from UTA, '78 CPA, '06 MBA, '08 MS MGMT, '09 MS MKTG from TAMU-CommercehIndustry: Instructor, University of Phoenix
Outdoor interests: Upland bird hunting, deer hunting, fishing, sitting by a fire with binoculars watching the deer out my office window
Anything else: I taught Sean98 everything I know about hunting and fishing (which is not the same as everything he knows by a long shot)

[This message has been edited by TxCntryBoy (edited 8/26/2010 10:46p).]
WATER TOWER
Class year: 06
Industry: Violent Youth Behavior Modification
Outdoor interests: firearms, lots of interest, few opportunities
Anything else? My internet personality is just as bad as my real life personality
Max06
AG
Ol Jock I'll be in G-town this weekend, Garland is my hometown.
tryan
AG
Llocation: Temple, TX
Class year: 2005
Industry: metalworking/fabrication
Outdoor interests: shooting, dove hunting, enjoy deer hunting but don't get to much, small family cow herd
Anything else? Wife and I have a 2 year old little girl who is lots of fun and loves animals and the outdoors. My company does different types of metalworking including custom and production plasma cutting, tube and bar bending, and welding/fab. I don't post a bunch, but I read the OB often and enjoy most of what goes on around here!
Walter Kovacs
AG
Class year: 08 WFSC (Conservation Biology)
Industry: Science teacher. Former TPWD.
Outdoor interests: A little bit of everything except for golf.
Anything else? Honorary Mexican. I've learned never to use large containers of camp fuel while playing with fire. Raspas > snow cones. Garner has too many hicks.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
Ol Jock I'll be in G-town this weekend, Garland is my hometown.

I'll be at the lease on Saturday, but if you go to Firewheel, you'll be a stone's throw away from us.
Sean98
AG
quote:
'74 BBA in Accounting from UTA, '78 CPA, '06 MBA, '08 MS MGMT, '09 MS MKTG from TAMU-CommercehIndustry

Why don't you throw a few more numbers/degrees in there braggart!?

How 'bout you come up to Dodge City and hunt with us old man! You could see your grandson in action!

I'd also like to point out that he raises kick-ass kids, but you wouldn't know it by how poor a job I do of keeping up with the family.

Maybe we're just overly self-sufficient.
TexAg0308
AG
Class year: '03
Industry: Steel Sales (HIC Quality material as well as ABS, Chrome Molly, Carbon & all other PVQ Plate and Bar products)
Outdoor interests: Ducks, Deer, Hogs, Fishing, Golf

[This message has been edited by TexAg0308 (edited 8/26/2010 11:00p).]

[This message has been edited by TexAg0308 (edited 8/26/2010 11:01p).]

[This message has been edited by TexAg0308 (edited 8/26/2010 11:12p).]
Max06
AG
Holey smokes OJ- my dad lives within a mile of Firewheel. Used to ride horses where the mall is now
Log
AG
Class year: '99, graduated '01. Spent 3 years as a WFSC major, switched to Chemical Engineering (B.S.) after my Junior year. Best 6.5 years I don't remember.
Industry: Ol Jock 99's smarter half, which entails doing my part to efficiently keep America's youth obese.
Outdoor interests: Hunting & fishing (everything), archery, building AR's, target shooting with my Evil Black Rifles and numerous other firebreathers, farming, ranching, gardening (I am the blackberry guru), tripping fat kids.
Anything else? I have veiny forearms.
COSCAG00
AG

Class year (School also if not A&M): 00' Construction Science

Industry: Project Manager/Estimator Water Waste Water Construction

Outdoor interests: Hog, Dove, Deer, Phesant Hunting, Fishing

Anything else? Chasing my 2.5 yr old boy around the house and have a little girl on the way. Also into welding and woodworking and restoring vintage machinery to do them.
nactownag
AG
Someone should make a website to organize all of this? Like a Facebook for Sportsmen. Oh wait...I'm working on it.

Max06
AG
The OB does have a Facebook group.
texasag86
AG
Class of '86
Industry: CPA and entrepreneur Child Care and RE Development
Outdoor interests: hunting, fishing, golf, BBQ, baseball coach
Other: Ducks4brkfast - KRBC out of Abilene is classic !
Also, I have some land outside of Breckenridge, TX I would be willing to let a good Aggie with no where else to go have a chance to hunt.
nactownag
AG
Just wait...you'll see...

Gus Chiggins

Class year (School also if not A&M): '05 Journalism

Industry: Beer Sales

Outdoor interests: Fishing, Hunting, Camping, Sitting, whatever as long as I am outside.

Anything else? I miss thunderstorms (we don't get them up here often).
Terk
AG
Class year: '02
Industry: Power Generator Sales
Outdoor interests: Fishing, Hunting, Backpacking, Hiking, Shooting, Geocaching, Running, Cycling, Paddling, BBQ & Burgers
Anything else? I've been designing and installing custom car, home, boat, and trailer audio since '00. Long term I want to be involved in family or youth camping.

[This message has been edited by Terk (edited 8/27/2010 1:22a).]
Horatius
CS
Political Campaigning
Firearms, camping, strength & endurance training, hunting, fishing, mudding, tubing, the list goes on.

Worked as a ranger at a 99,000+ acre nature preserve for a summer. Bad A job
Codeno
AG
Class year: '08
Industry: Healthcare Administration
Outdoor interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, Running, Grilling, Farming (mainly fruit)
Anything else? I've been married 2 years and my wife hates the outdoors, which is good for my because it allows me to hang out with my friends. I usually don't post a lot because it seems like everyone around here knows 100x more about any specific topic than I do.
WildcatAg
AG

Class year (School also if not A&M):
BSCE UK `99; MSCE UK `01; PHDCE TAMU `09

Industry:
Civil Engineering and Project Management

Outdoor interests:
Hunting, shooting, hiking, and piddling around on the family farm.

Anything else?
How about something random and outdoor related? Growing up in northern Kentucky we had a large print of a painting of a mule named “Great Kate” in our house. I’m not when we got the print or why we got it but I always remember it hanging in the house. Fast forward many years and I start dating the future Mrs. WildcatAg while attending UK. The first time I take her home to meet my parents she sees the mule print and says, “That’s my grandfather’s mule.” Her grandfather in eastern Kentucky always had mule teams and one day a guy showed up and wanted to paint a picture of one of his mules so he let him. She remembers as a kid riding in the mule cart pulled by Great Kate. So apparently it was by fate and the mule Great Kate that I met my wife. Of course because of this story we’re now doomed to have a giant print of a mule hanging in the WildcatAg house for the rest of our lives.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Cool story WCA, but you might avoid doing too much research of your family trees just the same.

Apache
AG

Class year: '96 (Landscape Architecture)

Industry: Landscape Contracting/Design (Irrigation, Lights, Concrete, Turfgrass, Masonry, Fountains, Plants... you name it.)

Outdoor interests: Hunting (Everything) Fishing (Bay & Freshwater) Camping, Archery (Compound), ID & Usage of Texas native plants, Outdoor Survival, Wildlife & Range Management

Anything else? Assistant Cubmaster. Licensed Irrigator. Teacher of all things outdoors to my son (9). 7th Generation Texan. History Nerd. Has killed a peacock with a slingshot at 30 yards. Scuba diver. Ran with Bulls in Pamplona.
ENG
AG

Class year '89

Industry: Commercial/Retail A&E Project Manager

Outdoor interests: Hunting (deer, dove, turkey, duck), saltwater fishing but recently caught on to striper fishing, BBQ (spent 3 years in Houston on a cooking team), golf

Anything else? My daughter's soccer team is ranked #1 in North Texas and takes up ALOT of our time (Outdoor related becaus she plays outside )

[This message has been edited by ENG (edited 8/27/2010 7:14a).]
AggieChemist
AG
quote:
Anything else: I taught Sean98 everything I know about hunting and fishing (which is not the same as everything he knows by a long shot)

TxCountryBoy, I also have it on good authority that you did a stint with the Atlanta Falcons back in da day.
thaed137
AG
Class year: Class of 2009
Industry: Energy Industry
Outdoor interests:Golf, Fishing, Hunting, cooking, and everything basicly
Anything Else? About to get Married less than a month and a half!

[This message has been edited by thaed137 (edited 8/27/2010 7:15a).]
rhomulus bonham
AG
quote:
I've learned never to use large containers of camp fuel while playing with fire.

I was telling someone this story just the other day. I got to thinking, we must have grilled up well over 100 pounds of meat each semester.
AgPT06
AG
'06 BS BIMS, '08 DPT Hardin Simmons

Outdoor Interests: Dove, Deer, Turkey hunting, River fishing, Mt and Road biking, floating the river, Tuesday night softball (as opposed to Thurs night softball where they wear matching uniforms)

Work: Physical Therapist

Other: Married 3 yrs. Attend church in New Braunfels and help out with the youth.
AgTech88
AG
Class year (School also if not A&M):'88
Industry:Environmental Cleanup
Outdoor interests:ALL - Upland and waterfoul crossfit
Anything else?
3 spawn all in High school
Proud - 2 labs Howdy and Sarge
Shame - 2 rat dogs Gig'em and Aggie........
Yep66
AG
96AustinAg
AG
Class year '96 EET
Industry: Software Engineer (IBM)
Outdoor interests: Hunting (deer, dove, quail, sometimes pheasants up in Hereford), shooting (IDPA pistol and carbine matches), diving (~80 dives in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Jamaica, Bahamas, Hawaii, Perth)
Anything Else? 2 kids - 3 and 5

Apache, we should meet up sometime. What part of Austin are you in?

[This message has been edited by 96AustinAg (edited 8/27/2010 8:13a).]

[This message has been edited by 96AustinAg (edited 8/27/2010 8:16a).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.