Outdoors
Sponsored by

Get to know your neighbor outdoorsmen

23,038 Views | 235 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OneMoonGoon92
Preferred Nomenclature
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Class year: '05 -the major formerly known as Journalism
Industry: Radio DJ
Outdoor interests: Hunting, Camping, Labradors, just shooting things, cooking bbq, and blowing things up...umm, in general that is.
Other: just getting into homebrewing.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Class year: 1991
Industry: Attorney
Outdoor interests: Shooting, some hunting, hiking, mountain biking, recreation sports, sports officiating
Anything else? CHL instructor
jobu93
AG
Class year: 1993
Industry: Dental
Outdoor interests: bay fishing, Shooting, some hunting, hiking, road biking, recreation sports.
Anything else? it depends on what the definition of "is" is.
Coach88
Class:'88 MEd-Lamar '08
Industry:Education
Interests: Duck and Dove Hunting
BoozerRed78
AG
Class: '78
Industry: US Army - formerly in uniform, now as a civilian.
Interests: God, Deer hunting, Harley-Davidson motorsickles, songwriting, Texas Music, guns, honky tonks, grilling/barbecuing, camping, volunteering with the SA Rodeo, yardwork/gardening, beer.
ccard257
AG
Class year: 2007
Industry: Civil Engineering
Outdoor interests: All of it. But mainly hiking/backpacking/camping, backcountry skiing, climbing, mountain biking, rock climbing, mountaineering, any hunting or fishing I can get my hands on. Will probably get some road bikes soon and looking to get into some paddling in the next few years.
Anything else? I'm pretty much up for anything, anytime I can get out of work (or don't need to get out of work) so if you need a partner for any of the above activities feel free to find me on here

This thread will be pretty damn nice once we finally get a non-****ty search function.
RoseRichAg01
Class year (School also if not A&M): 01; 05JD, Washington & Lee
Industry: Oil & Gas Attorney
Outdoor interests: Ducks primarily along with deer, quail, dove and geese. Interested in retriever and bird dog training, prairie restoration and gardening.
Anything else? Hunt primarily near Danevang, TX. Some around Rosenberg.

[This message has been edited by RoseRichAg01 (edited 8/30/2010 6:14p).]
AggFan06
AgEng06, AgySkeet and I were roommates in '06 and '07. I am not sure who you are but I would assume we have drank a beer or two together before. Maybe one day we can get Skeet in town and go have a few.
FytinTexAg04

Class Year: FTAC of 2004

Industry: Healthcare (eventually)

Outdoor Interests: Saltwater Flats Fishing, Hiking, kayaking, amateur home brewinig, Dove and Quail Hunting, General Rifle hunting (deer and hogs), shooting my pistols, bringing newbies into the art of fishing and hunting.

Anything Else? Playing with my dogs, shootin the sh*t with my brothers around a campfire, sippin rye whiskey, that's enough...

I don't post much but I certainly lurk on the OB. The TexAgs Outdoor Board has seriously influenced three of my last firearm transactions and helped me to fish better.

TexAgs, we know stuff!
BrazosDog02
AG
Class year: 2002
Industry: Oil/Gas (Geophysicist)
Outdoor interests: Hunting and fishing of all sorts, Camping, anything outdoor related really.
Cole97
AG
quote:
I noticed we have a good bit of Cedar Park Aggies (adpott, jmaustin, Jrod05), that's pretty cool. I personally know Todd 02 and AgySkeet06. I'm sure I must know AggFan06 ('06 AGSM) and probably know Agdiesel (AGSM '07), just don't know their usernames.

although I put Austin, since that is technically what my address says, I am only about 20 yards into Travis county on 620. I'm closer to Cedar Park than anything in Austin...
The Anchor
AG
Class year: 04
Industry: I work for the Gubment
Outdoor interests: Guns, camping, traveling
fido00
AG
Class year (School also if not A&M): '00 (A&M); '12 (UTHSCSA)

Industry: Dental

Outdoor interests: Saltwater fishing; Dove and deer hunting mostly, but am always open to hunting new critters.

Anything else? When I get out of school I hope to start learning how to fish some of these lakes up here and also start kayaking. I also have a little girl who I hope to teach how to hunt, fish, and go camping.

dave99ag
AG
Class year: '99
Industry: IT Admin / Custom Bicycle Manufacturer
Outdoor interests: Cycling, Photography, Veggie Gardening, Fishing, Hiking, Camping (need to do more of this), Aggie sports
Anything else? I've kept with cycling pretty consistently, but am working on bringing back my other interests into my life. Really want to start backpacking and camping more.
AGGIE WH08P
AG
Class year: 2008
Industry: Agriculture/ Account Mgmt. (Corn, Cotton, Soybeans)
Outdoor interests: Anything and everything outdoors, archery and rifle hunting, bird hunting, fishing, Aggie Football and welding
Anything else? Family, Friends, and spending time with both of these groups in the outdoors.

Should have added Corps of Cadets....Former F2 member here

Also, Ol Jock09 (and a few others)—got any leads on finance or accounting positions in the DFW?? My wife and I are moving back and she is about to start her job hunt. If anyone knows of any, email me--> john_5684 AT yahoo.com ---(don’t want to hijack this great thread)
hellapark
AG
Class year: '09
Industry: GIS/Appraisal
Outdoor interests: Hunting, fishing, shooting
Anything else? Cooking and eating, talking BS
atmdds03
AG
Class year: '03 , '07 (Baylor College Dentistry)
Industry: Dentist
Outdoor interests: The usual...hunting, fishing, etc.
Anything else? Did competitive skeet shooting in high school and was on NSSA all-American teams four years in a row.
Dynastar97
Great thread, just added the link to FAQ thread.
CBarrett12
AG
Class year: '08
Industry: Finance/Investments
Outdoor interests: Hunting deer, ducks, dove, shooting in general, fishing, golf, and mountain biking.
FirefightAg
AG
atmdd: WFSC to Dentistry, that is an unusual route but a cool one, Im from Richardson too!
atmdds03
AG
Yeah, I figured one of the two career paths would give me a better shot to enjoy wildlife and fishing, and it wasn't the one with Wildlife and Fish in the name.
joshq
AG
Class year (School also if not A&M): TAMU ('04), Kansas State ('07), Texas Tech ('10)
Industry: Feedlot consulting nutrition
Outdoor interests: Duck, Dove, upland birds, varmints, camping, hiking, Aggie football, Grilling/Smoking, Shooting
Anything else? Never shot a white-tail. I used to do a little fly-fishing, but haven't in a long time.

PS. Congrats on the little one Rocky Top! I hadn't heard the news.

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

-Colonel Sanders
cohibasymas
AG
Class year: '11 (would have been '06 if I went to school when I should have)
Industry: former B2B sales, working on BS-Accounting and MS-Management Information Systems
Outdoor Interests: whitetail deer primarily
Anything else: avid motorcycle rider, College Station Crossfit

[This message has been edited by cohibasymas (edited 8/31/2010 4:56p).]
Southplainsag02
AG
Class Year: Class of '02 (working on M.S at Texas Tech in Crop Science)
Industry: Cotton Breeding
Interests: Dove, quail, pheasent, Family, Church
rln_01
AG
Class year: '01 Rangeland Ecology and Management
Industry: Research in Natural Resources
Outdoor interests: Hunting (whitetail, dove, hogs, drink specials), Fishing (freshwater mostly), Shooting (Pistol, rifle & shotgun), Prescribed fire, Camping, Toobing, Hiking, Biking, Four-wheeling, andon andon

rln_'01 Whoop!

[This message has been edited by rln_01 (edited 10/12/2010 8:39a).]
Apache
AG
Thought it would be a good idea to bump this thread so we could all "update" ourselves and give the OB youngsters a chance to tell us a little about themselves.

SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Eh. I'll play

Class year: 05, economics/poli sci
Industry: not for profit community blood bank
Outdoor interests: Hunting (dove), would like to deer hunt but lack of time, money prevent it. Guns, Shooting, grilling/smoking meats, drinking beer, yardwork/landscaping, fishing on occasion.
Other: married, 3 kids (4,2, 3mo)
AgEng06
AG
Can anyone tell me if I already replied to this thread? I'm way too lazy to go back through it all.
AlexAggie
AG
Class year: '99
Industry: Container Shipping
Outdoor interests: Hunting Deer, Dove, Hogs, Turkeys, Ducks, Fishing Saltwater and Freshwater, Shooting-rifles mostly, General Aviation, hiking, biking etc..
zooguy96
ZooGuy said:

Class year: '96 Wildlife Fisheries - Aquaculture
Industry: Math Teacher
Outdoor interests: Hiking, fishing, mountain bike riding, catching/photographing snakes
Anything else?

Holy crap this has changed! Sans the "went back to wildlife education" and then "back to teaching".

Class year: '96 Wildlife Fisheries - Aquaculture, 2010 Education (Lincoln Memorial U).
Industry: Education (blah)
Outdoor interests: Hiking, fishing, catching/photographing snakes, hunting, target shooting, firearms, archery, collecting antiques.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
TwoMarksHand
AG

Class year (School also if not A&M): '13
Industry: Automation/Electrical
Outdoor interests: Hunting: Deer, Dove, Turkey...starting to think more western though. Reloading, long range target shooting, pistols shooting. Fishing: Catfish, Reds, Bass.
Anything else? I serve on the city council with the youngest mayor in Texas History.
bearamedic99
AG
AgEng06 said:

Can anyone tell me if I already replied to this thread? I'm way too lazy to go back through it all.

you posted something on page 5 then erased it via edit.
craig09
AG
Location: Ponder (grew up in Gunter and did a stint in Frisco after college)
Class year (School also if not A&M): 09 WFSC
Industry: Got started in landscape construction and irrigation. Licensed irrigator. Now store manager for a large Landscape Supply in Fort Worth.
Outdoor interests: hunting (dove, deer, varmint), shooting my bow, all kinds of shooting, golf, and my wife says I play way too much softball (league play and tournaments monthly).
Anything else? Not really.
Hoyt Ag
AG
shaynew1
AG
Groesbeck
AGSM 06 (But I flunked all the way out and took 4 yrs off and graduated in 11)
Cattle
Killing things with arrows and eating them, golf, firearms, footraces, brisket, some nerd stuff

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.