Outdoors
Sponsored by

On what lure did you get your biggest bass?

3,773 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Sgt. Hartman
cupofjoe04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When I was younger, I caught one that definitively bottomed out my 10lb spring scale- on a really crappy looking deceiver that I tied myself. Heck of a lot of fun chasing that thing around with a 4x (about 7 lbs) tippet...
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
9lber on a spinner bait.

Took my buddy in high school fishing at a private 40 acre lake we had access too. He said he knew how to throw a bait caster, but his first cast made one of the nastiest backlashes I'd ever seen in my Abu Garcia reel. I spent about 10 minutes cleaning it up and started reeling it in and felt a huge tug on the other end.
aftershock
Biggest bass I ever caught was almost 10#, caught on a rattletrap in a neighborhood pond in the Cinco Ranch area (pond near the entrance to Meadowbrook Farms GC, for those familiar with the area). I let the fish go, but retired the lure and hung it on a pintail mount I have that's on an awesome piece of driftwood. After years of getting up early and loading the boat up to go find big bass on big water, I caught my biggest bass 2 miles from my front door, from the bank, in the middle of the afternoon.
ought1ag
AG
12.5# Zoom Ol Monster or Mag II - Black with red flake - texas rigged with a blue bead
76Ag
AG
When I was about ten or twelve I was fast-reeling a Heddon Tiny Lucky Thirteen through a very small pond on my grandmother's place. I was impatient and was just reeling it very fast. I hooked Robert Earl Keen's five pound bass and was very surprised. Later one day when I was at TAMU I was at Lake Sommerville and throwing a Strike King spinner bait. I saw that it was about to hut a tree stump in the water so I jerked it to keep from hanging up. Well it thumped the stump hard and bounced off and that's when another five pounder hit it. It's funny because some guys in a bass boat (I was wade fishing) had just fished all around that stump and came up empty. I miss fishing. I am now just a fishing tackle collector....
Well we might as well give up and run
If we let 'm take our God and guns.
Mas89
AG
Had been fishing several hours on Toledo Bend with only a few fish boated. We moved onto a point and looking thru my tackle box I spotted a very large hand made crawfish colored crank bait which a friend had made in ne Arkansas and had given to me years before. I had never fished it but it caught my attention. About the third cast I caught a huge bass that I released. Did not weigh it but was well over 10 and definitely my best ever.
Bird93
AG
Gibbons Creek - 4" watermelon ring fry rigged Texas Style: 8lb 7oz
dr_boogs
AG
Texas rigged chocolate and orange plastic lizard. 8 lb lunker with my grandfather.
SunrayAg
AG
Neighborhood of 8 pounds on a hula popper.
Hamburger Dan
I've caught three bass over 7 1/2 pounds.
6" Grape colored Tx rigged worm
Chartreuse buzz bait
6" black salamander soft bait

Biggest fish ever, was a 37 pound striper at Lake Texhoma, using a jigging spoon.
JAG03
AG
14.2 on a flying lure on Father's Day 1994. It was on a private pond in east Texas.
Bird Poo
AG
JAG03 said:

14.2 on a flying lure on Father's Day 1994. It was on a private pond in east Texas.
I remember those!

I was in jr high when those damn commercials came out. Finally got my hands on one a couple of years later and never caught shlt.
JAG03
AG
OneNightW said:

JAG03 said:

I remember those!

I was in jr high when those damn commercials came out. Finally got my hands on one a couple of years later and never caught shlt.

It was the summer between 7th and 8th grade and we were in Arlington seeing my moms dad. My dad and I escaped and went to sportstown. I saw them and tried to get him to buy them for me and he wouldn't. He said if I wanted them I had to buy them so I did. When we got home I asked him to go fishing but he didn't really want to but I finally convinced him to go. We had only been fishing about 45 minutes and caught that fish. We weighed, measured, and took pictures of the fish and released it. I had a replica made.
Central Committee
AG
8.5 lb bass on black worm. Gibbons Creek.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
cr
Carolina rigged Zoom baby brush hog, green pumpkin. Topped the scale at almost 10 lbs. Lake O The Pines years ago.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
8.5# on 4" purple worm in a stock pond. Caught another that size out of Gibbons Creek on a black jig with blue craw trailer.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
spud1910
AG
7lber on a white buzzbait at Fork in the '90s.
Sgt. Hartman
AG
8.5 lb on a Texas rigged Zoom Ol Monster in blackberry

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.