Outdoors
Sponsored by

On what lure did you get your biggest bass?

3,787 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Sgt. Hartman
clobby
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what mouth said about the cycle and the largemouth bass virus went through and wiped some fish out
aggiegolfer03
AG
yeah that LMBV was scary. Lots of lakes around the south got hit with it, and it seemed to target the older adults.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Topwater Frog. Caught a 7 pounder on it in a creek.
aggie1939
Silverish Slugo-7.6 pounds
aggieturf04
8.5 pounder on a Little George
USMC1995
9.5 lbs on a 6" pumpkin seed Glo-Stick rigged weightless.
Cowtown Red
pumpkinseed & chartreuse Power Worm, Texas rigged.
str8shot1000
AG
7.6# from a small stock tank using a Roadrunner....red head with a yellow body using a Zebco 303...
95 Buzzbait
Yellow buzzbait - 8 lb-12oz.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Is your username Buzzbait cause its your favorite lure?
aggieforester05
AG
DaveHimself
AG
7.3 pounder on a white senko from a golf course pond.
ThatOneGuy
AG
I am more of a coastal fisherman so my biggest is only 6. Caught it on an 1/8th oz white bucktail jig on my first ever cast into a pond on my friends ranch that I hadn't ever tried. It had never been stocked so I assumed there would only be some sunfish. I probably caught 30 bass out of there that day.
95 Buzzbait
TrueAg - the answer is No. The name I tried was used. I happened to have a tiny torpedo on my desk and that led to the buzzbait. My favorite baits are worms and lizards.
Foreman4by
AG
8 lbs. on a Mepps in-line spinner out of a big stock pond in Wichita Falls, TX. Worst part was I was 6 years old and holding a stringer full of 8+ lbs. fish when Dad took pics. The film never developed! Makes me crazy to this day.
Bird Poo
AG
Strike King topwater Grassfrog--yellow. 7 lbs.
CoachAg85
12 1/2#,Black/blue caterpillar stud fry, Texas rigged. 10#, white Zoom Trick worm, swivel,18" leader, same lake.
aught2ag
I think I have the smallest big bass, but it was a black skirt buzz bait near an old stump in a 5 acre pond at dusk. Caught a 5 lb then a 4 lb on the next cast.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I've had several 7+ lbers on walmart generic rattle traps. I always preferred the yellow and green ones.
wunderbrad01
AG
I don't know what the lure was, but it was on a Mickey Mouse rod.
frankssnbeans
speaking on mickey mouse rods, I took my little sister fishing when I was about 14 (she was 7) in a family owned aluminum boat (she had a mickey mouse rod). I fixed her up with a cork and minnow. she tossed it out in front of some logs in clear water. I saw a nice bass come out of the brush and suck in the minnow, but the cork didnt move. So i told her quickly to reel it in and she did. Real nice bass and good fight, probably around 4-5 lbs. She was super excited. reall cool experience as an older brother.

A few casts later, the rod was giving her trouble. So she asked me for help. I looked it over, pulled string seemed ok. The very next cast, I rared back and slung it, and the whole MFer went over board. Evidently under tension, the reel wouldn't release. Lined popped and we recovered the cork. The rod and reel sank. I sat there for about an hour with a treble hook and weights trying to recover that darn thing. Never happened. probably 20 feet of water.

She is 23 now and still gives me crap about that. Good memory though.
AggieChemist
AG
TTT
Colt98
AG
Crazy to think as a kid I thought a 5lber was a unicorn. Now it's a 10lber.. my buddy caught one in the back of my boat off a white spinner bait.
I've caught big girls(7-almost 10lbs) of of

Black buzz bait
Char/white chatter bai
Senko- regular and wacky
Pink porko
Pink slinko
Spinner bait
Blk/blue jig
Red rattle trap
Carolina rig lizzard. Mostly watermelon
DD crank baits

Bottomfeeder
AG
I've caught my 3 double digits all at Falcon.

12 lb 7 oz - Carolina Rig (10 inch power worm)
11 lb 11 oz - Crankbait
10 lb 1 oz - Carolina Rig (Mag Fluke)
EFE
AG
Either a pink sluggo or a beetle spin with a black/chartreuse tube. Both were 5-6lbs. Sluggo was in a stocked pond, beetle spin was on the Guadalupe and I was trying to catch perch.
TxSquarebody
7 pounder at Fork on a white lizard bed fishing. She gently removed my jig with craw trailer three times before I switched rods. Absolutely destroyed the lizard when it came into the bed!
Floor it until you see God
Aggieangler93
AG
#7.5 back in 92 fishing at Bryan Utilities Lake, Purple Wooly Booger fly I tied myself while in school at A&M.

Was wade-fishing with a 5wt flyrod over shallow crappie beds in 3 foot of water. Big bass hammered a purple wooly booger I had tied, and proceeds to come right at me....needless to say, my 5wt was not much help as I am trying to turn a charging bass. She ended up going right between my legs, which was laughable. I had to basically step over my rod, and do a 180, to keep fishing what was originally behind me. I landed her, had no camera with me or anything. Took her weight with a hand held scale, and watched her swim away. Next 3 or 4 casts had keeper crappie again, so all was well. Have caught numerous #5 or #6 on buzz baits in tanks. I love throwing buzz baits and topwaters.

Since college, almost all fishing has been saltwater. Have caught many pigs there on topwaters and tails.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
WhoopN06
Multiple 9+ all caught on a jig with some sort of craw trailer. Green pumpkin or Watermelon flake.
Post removed:
by user
docb
AG
Biggest was 15.45 on a crankbait. All other double digits on 7 inch black and blue fleck power worms. About a hundred over 8 pounds on all kinds of lures. Lots of big fish on rattle traps over grass in the winter.
LRHF
AG
Gamechanger (Fly, not lure)

Nice bump AC... what a fun day! Your bump from the past reveals a number of posters that don't contribute anymore. Finn was like the 3rd poster on this thread. Terrible loss for the OB. I think we should demand a full PARDON!
STX Ag
AG
9-3 Falcon, square bill in fire tiger
9-3 Falcon, flipping jig pumpkinseed
8-15 choke, flipping jig watermelon red
8-10 choke, Black/blue football jig
JR69
AG
I have 2 6-pounders in my abbreviated fishing resume, both spring 1964 when I was still in high school, both caught in the Tchefuncte River near Madisonville, LA. First one on a yellow and white Hula Popper, the second on a 3 inch Rapala. Yes, I'm old and I haven't been fishing in 50 years.
MIAGD
AG
10.1 bass on a watermelon candy brush hog with the tail dipped in chartreuse dye. Purtis Creek early spring by a large stump off a rock island. I was in a kayak and a boater 100 yards away was nice enough to come over and take a picture for me and weigh it.
FIDO 96
AG
Rooster Tail in about 2" of water at lake Fairfield. 6.5lbs.

Also caught a 9lb in Lake Huites, but Mexican bass bite anything. My spinner bait got crossed with a guy I was next to crank bait. As I was reeling in both, the bass jumped out of the water and grabbed my spinner as it was about 4" above the surface.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.