Google Issues in Houston

1,041 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by Drundel
trueaggie2782
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else in Houston area with AT&T fiber having issues with google.com, youtube, and/or youtubetv?
Bigballin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't have AT&T fiber but DSL (it's a long story) but I've been having issues with YouTube, nest, Gemini, etc
trueaggie2782
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm guessing Texags has something to do with Google as well because I'm having issues with it as well.
ARCHag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes. I've had issues all day. Have ATT as well.
Bigballin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All seems to be back to normal this morning.
Lathspell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes. Only have access to Texags and YouTubeTV on my laptop that was already connected and left on all night, but can't really go anywhere else. My other laptop that was shutoff can't even connect, which I'm assuming is because the set DNS on ATT routers is 8.8.8.8, which is having issues. Unfortunately, ATT locks their routers down so I can't change the DNS.
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Houston area AT&T fiber customer here and can confirm janky ass performance yesterday. Seems corrected now.
Lathspell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is not. I'm in Houston with AT&T and still having connectivity issues.
Lathspell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Most definitely tied to Google services outages/issues. If you're using a different DNS or were already connected to certain services, you may not notice.
Lathspell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mine is now back up.
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm back to normal, but my wife still can't open her Gmail on her computer
tamuags08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still having issues today in Houston. At&T fiber and YouTube tv still down.

Works fine on mobile
Wildmen03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tamuags08 said:

Still having issues today in Houston. At&T fiber and YouTube tv still down.

Works fine on mobile

I'm in Pearland and on AT&T fiber and have been watching YouTube TV throughout the day.

Just another data point.
Lathspell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was able to all morning from a laptop that was never turned off and had Youtube TV open in a tab all night. It was weird...
akaggie05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Completely out in Dallas.
Stymied
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep, AT&T fiber down here
80sGeorge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can confirm fiber down in N Dallas/Plano

Looks pretty widespread


Absolute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Estimated 3am repair time at my account. Makes me shake my head at how dependent we are on the tech.

Is there a way to make the router still connect things locally in the house?
akaggie05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All of your devices should still have private IP addresses, the problem is that so many devices and services now rely on being able to "phone home" for even basic functionality that the usefulness of actually being able to talk to another device across the LAN may be limited. If you need to transfer files between PCs or to a local NAS device, would probably work with no issues.
plowboy1065
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Had issues most of the day on Sunday. I have a Bravia with Google TV and it was completely worthless. Had to come watch the TV without GT in my bedroom
Drundel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep. I woke up on Sunday to finish the game on my laptop with Youtube TV and no go. Nothing really worked the rest of the day. I checked my VPN and that connected and then everything worked fine.

Back working on Monday.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.