Elden Ring Trailer Leak

38,786 Views | 551 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TriumphForks
FtWorthHorn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I mean even just the iron balls are awesome. Sorry Big Boggart...
DallasTeleAg
I started a new Dark Souls 3 playthrough this week because I've never played the DLC, and have heard it is amazing.

My go to in Souls games is always a dex build with fast weapons and bleed if I can get it. My first win of DS3 was with the bandit and I used the big knife the entire playthrough.

I decided to try out a Str build and liked the idea of a greatsword. After struggling with the Claymore for my entire playthrough, up through the Catacombs, I got so freaking tired of it. I decided to try a great hammer and am having a blast with the Large Club.

I ran into this same issue in Elden Ring when trying a greatsword build. I don't see how so many out there think these are great weapons. They don't do that much more damage than a straight sword, and swing so incredibly slow. You would think that they would stagger enemies a lot because of how slow they are, but so many enemies just face tank my normal and heavy attacks, then proceed to eat me alive.

Fortunately, Greathammers don't seem to have that stupid issue. I hit something with a great hammer, and they are staggering for a half second, giving me time to readjust and prepare for dodging or a follow-up.

TLDR: I ****ing hate greatswords in these games. Give me a dagger or a great hammer.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

texsn95 said:

DLC coming soon....

https://www.eurogamer.net/from-software-is-working-hard-on-elden-ring-dlc-but-still-doesnt-have-a-release-date-at-this-time
TriumphForks
AG
Curved greatswords are the way to go IMO. The Bloodhounds Fang in Elden Ring has it all. Range, decent speed, not too big a drain on stamina, hits hard, and does bleed on top of it all.
bluefire579
AG
Trailer tomorrow!

bluefire579
AG

Timestamped, the rest is the countdown
Forum Troll
AG
Guess at some point I'm going to need to play through again before the release.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
June 21st, $40.

I'm sure it'll be worth every penny
flintdragon
AG
First Elden Ring play through was cheese-fest using comet azur. Replayed half the game with a greatsword. Played DS1 and DS2 playing a pure mage as well. Currently playing DS3 with the twinblade and should finish that soon.

To prepare for the DLC, thinking of playing a sword/shield build that I has never been my thing so would learn a new playstyle.
DallasTeleAg
FromSoftware has a great history with DLC. In fact, I think their DLC is usually better than their original games. Looking forward to watching this.
Forum Troll
AG
Anyone know if the $80 bundle with the base game and DLC (ps store) allows for the base game to be played immediately? Nothing I've read is clear about this.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Looks like they are incorporating some kind of hand to hand option now? That seems like a punishing way to play.

Just respec'ed my character on my first playthrough with the colossal greatsword, going mostly strength with a marginal amount in dex and faith. I'm finding it way more fun than the katana. It's just fun to clobber people.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://www.pcgamer.com/elden-ring-director-says-shadow-of-the-erdtree-will-have-a-sekiro-like-leveling-system-so-you-cant-just-steamroll-it/

Quote:

In an interview with Famitsu (translated by Reddit user theangryfurlong), Miyazaki said in addition to the normal rune-based leveling system, you'll also have a Sekiro-like "attack power" stat unique to the DLC areas. Presumably, raising it will make you do more damage on top of the stats you already have.

Miyazaki said the system was added to replicate the freedom you had in the base game to explore and level up before tackling the bosses, and he specifically says it'll allow you to "more easily experience this even in the high-level range."
DallasTeleAg
I will reiterate for anyone in this thread who has never played another Soulsborne game other than Elden Ring: From Software has an AMAZING history when it comes to DLC.

Their DLC from pasts games do not feel like something they just tacked on. They deliver jaw dropping new visuals that feel completely unique to the original game. The bosses in the DLC of their games are also usually viewed as better than the bosses in the base games.

Specifically the DLC to Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne... damn those are amazing.
TriumphForks
AG
Indeed. Often I think the DLC is better than the base game with Fromsoftware. The Bloodborne DLC is hands down the best DLC I've ever played… for any game. With all the buzz around the industry with games failing to meet expectations, layoffs, etc. it sure seems Fromsoftware is setting the bar for quality gameplay experience these days.
flintdragon
AG
Just finished my souls journey after having played Elden Ring 2 years ago. Finished sekiro, ds1, ds2 and just now ds3. Had some sidetracks to Wo Long, Lies of P and even Remnant 2.

I wanted to start and complete a new Elden Ring character before the DLC drops but maybe I should go back to do the DLCs I've skipped?
DallasTeleAg
No Bloodborne?
flintdragon
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

No Bloodborne?
unfortunately I only game on xbox. Would have certainly played that if I could!
bluefire579
AG
Which ones did you skip?

Also just want to say that Lies of P and Wo Long have been two of my favorite non-From souls-like games that have come out
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Do you guys consider Jedi Survivor as a souls-like game?
flintdragon
AG
bluefire579 said:

Which ones did you skip?

Also just want to say that Lies of P and Wo Long have been two of my favorite non-From souls-like games that have come out
I pretty much skipped all of them. Part of the reason was I wasn't sure when the Elden Ring DLC would pop up so wanted to "finish" the earlier games faster. I think I may do the DS3 one then since I had just completed it.

Wo Long was pretty decent. Lies of P was amazing. I liked Remnant 2 as well. Solo was great but you had to play it on higher difficulties to get the souls feel. But they also did a great job with multiplayer which allowed me to play with my friends who don't like soulslike.
flintdragon
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Do you guys consider Jedi Survivor as a souls-like game?
I didn't know it was souls-like at first and when I played it, I lowered the difficulty like my friends did. Didn't really care for it. But once I realized you needed to play it at the normal difficulty and learn how to truly play it, it was a very fun game. Still need to play the follow up.
bluefire579
AG
flintdragon said:

bluefire579 said:

Which ones did you skip?

I pretty much skipped all of them. Part of the reason was I wasn't sure when the Elden Ring DLC would pop up so wanted to "finish" the earlier games faster. I think I may do the DS3 one then since I had just completed it.

Wo Long was pretty decent. Lies of P was amazing. I liked Remnant 2 as well. Solo was great but you had to play it on higher difficulties to get the souls feel. But they also did a great job with multiplayer which allowed me to play with my friends who don't like soulslike.
Dark Souls 2 DLC is very much worth it. If you played the Scholar of the First Sin version, you should already have it available. They're all good, but I feel like DS2 adds the most to the game
flintdragon
AG
bluefire579 said:

Dark Souls 2 DLC is very much worth it. If you played the Scholar of the First Sin version, you should already have it available. They're all good, but I feel like DS2 adds the most to the game
I do have the version but DS2 grew so long in the tooth (game is freaking long) that I decided to just jump to DS3.
DallasTeleAg
The DS3 DLC is fantastic. Some of those boss fights... damn. I would do Ashes of Ariandel first.
Artorias
AG
bluefire579 said:

Which ones did you skip?

Lies of P is the best Souls-like game, imho. Just wish it had co-op.
TriumphForks
AG
Sorry about your dog.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.