Valheim

24,220 Views | 396 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by redline248
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

redline248 said:

I recently figured out how to correctly use the corner roof bits. I can actually close in a roof without using b-stardized half walls
I've only been able to figure out one of them. I don't understand the upside down ones.

I'm dumb.
Oh, I definitely didn't mean those, ha.

In my mind, I know how they work. In practice I haven't bothered bc I know it won't turn out well. I'm pretty sure they are for an inverted turn like this

redline248
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/valheim/comments/mamker/when_you_got_to_make_room_in_your_inventory/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

edit: I have no idea how to just link the picture from reddit
FIDO95
AG
I checked out the reddit link. Did anyone else notice the mountain house posted by Tedze... that clip is amazing!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/valheim/comments/m6saxk/i_usually_dont_last_on_these_types_of_games_my/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
clobby
AG
Just started playing. Good game so far, still on the first island
YouBet
AG
FIDO95 said:

I checked out the reddit link. Did anyone else notice the mountain house posted by Tedze... that clip is amazing!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/valheim/comments/m6saxk/i_usually_dont_last_on_these_types_of_games_my/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Insane. And I don't see any support structure for that roof and it's massive. I guess he just used lateral support beams across the inner roof instead of vertical beams from the floor? I'm all up in roof building tonight so I'm distracted.

BTW, they announced 6m users with this latest patch release so these 6 people have now grossed $120m.

Look at their pics in that patch release. They are just rich ass game nerds now. Lol.
Breggy Popup
AG
At the very beginning of the video as he is going inside you'll see stone columns. He ran iron beams horizontally to the other side to support it.
redline248
AG
Anyone having stability issues since the update?
Breggy Popup
AG
Did you make sure Steam is updated? They're using a new API that came out yesterday.
YouBet
AG
Bregxit said:

Did you make sure Steam is updated? They're using a new API that came out yesterday.

Yes, I read this.
zip04
AG
Does everyone have to fight a troll at the same time they are fighting the Elder or am I just lucky? I tried outrunning the troll while attacking the Elder, but I wasn't doing a lot of damage to the Elder, so I killed the troll and all of the other enemies chasing me and then fought the Elder in a more 1v1 approach.
YouBet
AG
zip04 said:

Does everyone have to fight a troll at the same time they are fighting the Elder or am I just lucky? I tried outrunning the troll while attacking the Elder, but I wasn't doing a lot of damage to the Elder, so I killed the troll and all of the other enemies chasing me and then fought the Elder in a more 1v1 approach.
You are just lucky. However, I was more lucky. I fought 2 Elders at the same time.
redline248
AG
Bregxit said:

Everything is updated. I think it might be an issue with dedicated servers, since me and 2 others all were having disconnects.
Breggy Popup
AG
redline248 said:

Bregxit said:

Everything is updated. I think it might be an issue with dedicated servers, since me and 2 others all were having disconnects.
Did yall update the servers? They mentioned that in the patch notes.

Just spitballin'.
redline248
AG
yeah, couldn't log in and play until server updated
FIDO95
AG
zip04 said:

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
zip04
AG
Negative Shipmate! Once I figured out a good rhythm, it worked out pretty well.
redline248
AG
I'm not sure how far everyone is, but once you get into silver armor, don't think you'll be free of going into swamps to find iron.
redline248
AG
OMG... 100 armor, and 130 health and 2 star fuling punches through for 120 damage...
FIDO95
AG
redline248 said:

OMG... 100 armor, and 130 health and 2 star fuling punches through for 120 damage...

2 star Fulings are no joke. For those who haven't ventured into the plains yet, they have a slightly red tint as opposed to the standard green Fuling. Even if you block their attack with a shield (I have a serpent shield which blocks 95 ((whoop!)) damage), the knock back leaves you stunned for several seconds allowing other enemies to tee off on you. I always try to hit them from a sneak to get the damage bonus so my first shot is always at the "red one". If they spot you first, run!!
YouBet
AG
redline248 said:

I'm not sure how far everyone is, but once you get into silver armor, don't think you'll be free of going into swamps to find iron.

I didn't even know this was a thing. I'm still trying to build out a more sophisticated roof on my new home.

You are going to be in Valhalla for years laughing down at me while I try to get my f'ing cross beams aligned to keep the rain out of my house.
redline248
AG
YouBet said:

redline248 said:

I didn't even know this was a thing. I'm still trying to build out a more sophisticated roof on my new home.

You are going to be in Valhalla for years laughing down at me while I try to get my f'ing cross beams aligned to keep the rain out of my house.
Nah, I still haven't killed the 4th boss yet (though others on my server did). I just run/sail from place to place and explore and build new homes. I'm like the goa'uld and put stargates everywhere.

also, sorry for that spoiler
YouBet
AG
No worries. I'm also out of town and playing this on my laptop without my Xbox controller is a PITA and slows me way down.

It actually works really well playing in hybrid mode using controller for pretty much everything except for some build functions.
zip04
AG
I got curious today, built another boat, left all of my armor, weapons, etc. and headed out with just a hammer and a small bit of food (not sure why I took either of those to be honest). I circled the island below my original island and then was making my way up to see how big the area is above my original spawn is. First of all, this map is gigantic. I sailed for over 3 hours and barely made a dent in the map. I saw one Wraith but was able to get away from it. However.... I saw three sea monsters (look like dragons) and they did substantial damage to my boat. I ended up hitting a rock on accident and that was the final blow. The boat fell apart, but I was able to make it to shore with just my skivvies and a hammer. I said "what the hell" and ran up the mountain until wolves ate me.
FIDO95
AG
Sailing adventures are the best:

YouBet
AG
FIDO95 said:

That was awesome.
YouBet
AG
I finally got my new peninsula home built last night. The moat has worked well so far. Had two trolls attack almost immediately after I got it built and they couldn't get past it. Was able to just pick one of them off with a bow.

Had a second amusing troll attack. I left my cart out on the exposed side of the moat because I have no bridge yet. Two trolls show up and proceed to stand about 30 feet away from it and throw rocks at it. They missed every time and then just left.

Worst attack ever.
redline248
AG
That was pretty funny. The first time I went on a sailing adventure I took my karve up a river and found the plains. A fuling was killing skeletons and I thought "I better get the f-ck out of here." Got my boat turned around and headed back out. When the mosquito showed up I panicked and over turned my boat right into the damn beach.

Sailed back over in my secondary boat, died again. I had to have 2 others sail me back the 3rd time.
redline248
AG
Soon, you little b-stards

Troy91
AG
Yeah, I was just sailing around and saw a small village on the coast. So, I pulled up to investigate.

Had no idea what was happening. Met my first DeathSquito. Ended up with 2 Karve's and 4 corpses up there before I recovered most of my gear.

Both very frustrating and very enjoyable.
zip04
AG
FIDO95 said:

I finally got home from being out at sea and was able to watch that (the Navy blocks embedded videos). That is hilarious and is a great example of how games like this are a completely different experience the more people you add.
zip04
AG
Bonfire with FIDO running around ready to light it.
YouBet
AG
Look at this b.s. I was processing metals and I heard this loud crack. Look over and my long boat has titanic'ed itself just sitting there. And it's just out of reach to recover the nails.

Dammit!!!!!

redline248
AG
That sucks. Try building yourself an Olympic diving platform to jump off and get some depth in the water.
YouBet
AG
redline248 said:

That sucks. Try building yourself an Olympic diving platform to jump off and get some depth in the water.
Ha.

I'm finally going after Bonemass and it's proving to be a challenge. It took me three tries just to make landfall in the swamp he's located in. I found an elevated hut on the edge of his swamp and I thought I would sail up to it, hop out, and claim that as my beachhead. I hop on the stairs and a damn ghost(?) floats around the backside corner and kills me. Was just sitting there waiting on me.
redline248
AG
The wraith apparently have a high chance of spawning at abandoned structures in the swamp

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.