Valheim

24,228 Views | 396 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by redline248
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dammit. Now I have all that copper ore just sitting around taking up space.
redline248
AG
Make a bunch of bronze nails to hang all the dragon/wolf trophies you're about to find
FIDO95
AG
I literally just spit out coffee all over myself!?!

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
zip04
AG
That is pretty funny. "Come home from a day's work to click on this rock for 6 hours..."

On a side note, I defeated Moder this morning before work.
YouBet
AG
FIDO95 said:

I literally just spit out coffee all over myself!?!

Ha. Now I feel bad about myself.
redline248
AG
It's better than cleaning your real crappy apartment
redline248
AG
Finally got my house built around the maypole. Need a few more interior improvements, but I'm happy with it.

YouBet
AG
Looks like you've mastered the depth pretty well. My house is a box with a center hearth fireplace as basically the thing holding it all up.

My biggest issue right now is the amount of crap piling up at this point. I've stopped storing it in chests and just throw everything into a pile in the corner.
redline248
AG
I seriously had to tear things down and refit, twice. Trying to get a uniform angled room around that maypole, that then fit in with the main structure was a challenge.

I'd be a terrible real life builder.
YouBet
AG
redline248 said:

I seriously had to tear things down and refit, twice. Trying to get a uniform angled room around that maypole, that then fit in with the main structure was a challenge.

I'd be a terrible real life builder.
You still got me beat. Does building around the maypole gain you anything is that pure aesthetic?
redline248
AG
It's a buff to the comfort level
texasaggie04
AG
YouBet said:

Looks like you've mastered the depth pretty well. My house is a box with a center hearth fireplace as basically the thing holding it all up.

My biggest issue right now is the amount of crap piling up at this point. I've stopped storing it in chests and just throw everything into a pile in the corner.

I am now comfortable building things, as long as those things are squares or triangles.
Built a huge longhouse treasury (rectangle building, triangle roof). Each item now has 6 chests into which it can be placed.
YouBet
AG
texasaggie04 said:

YouBet said:

I am now comfortable building things, as long as those things are squares or triangles.
Built a huge longhouse treasury (rectangle building, triangle roof). Each item now has 6 chests into which it can be placed.
I have so much stuff that I have a pile of wood for regular and fine wood. Core and ancient wood have a pile.

Bones, resin, and dwarf eyes are in a pile. Consumable food has a pile. Stone has a pile. Lower tech ore has a pile.

Everything else is in chests.
zip04
AG
This is crazy.

redline248
AG
Uh, how'd he get a flaming sword? I thought I had all the weapon types
redline248
AG
redline248 said:

Uh, how'd he get a flaming sword? I thought I had all the weapon types
hmm, without looking up spoilers I'm going to guess it's something available after defeating the 5th boss
Troy91
AG
That is a cheat code sword.
YouBet
AG
zip04 said:

This is crazy.

That is nuts. I also think it's completely overkill from a practical standpoint although I get it if you are just looking to have fun and build stuff. I can kind of see the point of it for the wood just so you don't have to cut it but I have hundreds of resin and eyes from just simply walking around and you can't use them fast enough to deplete them.
zip04
AG
Yeah. The only benefit would be the stone and wood if you want to build a lot of things.
zip04
AG
I expect more of y'all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/valheim/comments/loauym/chewie_were_home_i_present_you_the_millennium/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
YouBet
AG
zip04 said:

I expect more of y'all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/valheim/comments/loauym/chewie_were_home_i_present_you_the_millennium/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

That is so far beyond my comprehension to build that, that this person may as well have cured cancer.
redline248
AG
If no one built square huts with crooked roofs the fancy structures wouldn't be special
redline248
AG
anyone still building and killing?
YouBet
AG
redline248 said:

I took a little break and am playing Hades.

I'm still searching for the dragon boss.
zip04
AG
I spent quite a bit of time building up my home base. Now I'm working to level up my weapons and armor now that I have access to black metal and padded armor.
redline248
AG
YouBet said:

redline248 said:

I took a little break and am playing Hades.

I'm still searching for the dragon boss.
There is a chance that your world is one of the lucky few that came without a Moder spawn. One of the patches fixed that, but I think you have to use a console command. You can probably put your seed into one of those websites to check (though it might give you the location outright, if you're worried about spoilers) I think I've found 3 Moder runes tones and they all point to the same spot.
Troy91
AG
I beat Moder and can travel the plains and take out villages.

Need to build a plains farm to build the armor.

Decided to start fresh on a new seed and do things differently. That is a different kind of fun.
redline248
AG
oh, me? just doing a little interior decorating

texasaggie04
AG
There needs to be a way to find the stupid merchant without sailing over the entire world...
redline248
AG
Technically, there is a way, but it's kind of cheating/spoiling
YouBet
AG
texasaggie04 said:

There needs to be a way to find the stupid merchant without sailing over the entire world...
Totally lucked out on that. He was camped around the corner on the next island in mine.
YouBet
AG
redline248 said:

oh, me? just doing a little interior decorating

I like your elf banners. Lol.
redline248
AG
They do look like banners, don't they? They are not

edit: I should figure out how to do video capture to post here
texasaggie04
AG
YouBet said:

texasaggie04 said:

Totally lucked out on that. He was camped around the corner on the next island in mine.

I think that's my biggest gripe about this game, it's all dumb luck. How hard would it have been to chuck a rune in each island that says "merchant is to the (direction)." Instead, I have to wander aimlessly around a giant procedurally generated world. Makes no sense.
redline248
AG
The only useful thing the internet says is "he only spawns in the Black Forest"

and apparently there are some worlds where he might not spawn? idk.

if you want to, you can type your seed ID into certain websites and it will tell you locations of things (you can choose what it shows you). Or type it here and I'll look for you

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.