AV and Home Automation is Nerdy....

15,311 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by adamsbq06
adamsbq06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
really has a lot to do with the brightness especially if you are in a partially shaded situation.
Reginald Cousins
S
AdamsBQ06 said:

really has a lot to do with the brightness especially if you are in a partially shaded situation.
Do you have access to TVShield or outdoor TV's?
planoaggie123
AG
Question.....

I have a Sonos AMP.

Due to the shortage trying to think of some temporary work-arounds to enjoy whole-home audio though maybe with limited / manual functionality.

Can I use a speaker selector and hook up 8 ceiling speakers (2 entry; 2 kitchen; 4 living)?

I don't imagine ever playing all zones together and would 90% of the time just have it set to work on the 4 living room but when guests come over we might want to turn on sound in kitchen to match whatever is playing outside (outside = separate zone).

Just want to make sure i am not making a mistake / messing up my AMP. Besides maybe a quality issue could i in theory play all 8?

Thanks!

This is the speaker selector i have. I didnt buy. Was left by previous owner:

https://www.mtx.com/musicass6-6-position-speaker-selector
adamsbq06
AG
Sunbrite and a few others.
adamsbq06
AG
you could. current ETA on an AMP though is 6/11 I could order one for you and you should have it in a week.

adamsbq06
AG
I can preorder SONOS ROAMs now. my price is ~10 off of MSRP before tax
AgFB
AG
Any suggestions for seating? We are converting the playroom back to a movie room. Want something that's not Italian snake skin expensive and can still hold up to kids crawling all over them.
adamsbq06
AG
we have a leather sectional. it works great. I'm not a fan of movie seating. We got ours at Texas Leather in San Antonio.

AgFB
AG
We were thinking of going that route too and getting a few Lovesacs as well.
planoaggie123
AG
AdamsBQ06 said:

you could. current ETA on an AMP though is 6/11 I could order one for you and you should have it in a week.

That is good news!

I have a little roof issue I need to see how big of a deal it is first before I pull the trigger on the next amp but will definitely purchase through you when ready!
Reginald Cousins
S
AdamsBQ06 said:

Sunbrite and a few others.

PM sent.
adamsbq06
AG
SONOS ROAMS are now in stock!

~$10 off of retail.

Charging base available as well ~$20 off of retail.

free shipping

adamsbq06
AG
Hey guys checking in...

Thought I would give everyone a heads up on what is going on from a dealer perspective...

So, as many are aware there is a massive global silicon shortage that is impacting the electronics industry. Think what we saw with AMD GPUs but on a larger scale.

Right now I can get speakers of all kinds but I have issues sourcing any amps or anything that really has a lot of "Smart" functionality.

SONOS Devices have a long lead time, for the most part its all backordered and the orders are being filled in the order they are placed. For example... I have a TexAgser that ordered a SONOS AMP in the beginning of JUNE and it is still pending. For this if you pay via SQUARE I am not transferring money Intel the order is placed, so if you decide to cancel, no headaches. If I can give you an indication on availability at the time of order I will.

Several of my vendors are adjusting prices effective Aug 1. So if I gave you a quote, and you are waiting, if you wait too long we might have to requote. In general if you are looking for SONOS I don't expect there to be huge swings in prices because their pricing is largely controlled in the same way Apple controls their product prices. I anticipate the pricing change would be on other stuff, speakers other small components. etc.

adamsbq06
AG
Looks like my vendor just picked up NEST, including the door bells, it looks like its ~$50 off of MSRP. The NEST Alarm System kit is ~$100 off.
adamsbq06
AG
Just had to pay my first SALES TAX BILL!

Guys this is awesome! I can't believe this started from a simple idea and has grown. I have not only helped several of y'all finding hardware but I have also helped some of y'all with design and consulting ahead of construction meetings. I actually have a busy night tonight configuring and setting up a ubiquity network for a TexAgs member that is building a new custom home.
SF2004
AG
AdamsBQ06 said:

Just had to pay my first SALES TAX BILL!

Guys this is awesome! I can't believe this started from a simple idea and has grown. I have not only helped several of y'all finding hardware but I have also helped some of y'all with design and consulting ahead of construction meetings. I actually have a busy night tonight configuring and setting up a ubiquity network for a TexAgs member that is building a new custom home.
Fellow Q.

You know anything about control4?

Would gladly throw you a consulting fee for 30 minutes of your time. Got a builder meeting this week on a new house and they are pushing control4.

What I have read... is not that great for my tastes.

Also might want to do a ubiquity wifi setup in the house, not sure yet.
adamsbq06
AG
Send me an email andy@andrewadamsav.com and we can talk about it.

I have replaced a lot of Control 4 systems in my past. Not really a fan. In general it's easy to sell that's why a lot of low voltage guys jump on it
PincheDriller
AG
Any connects with Eeros?
adamsbq06
AG
yes email me what you are looking for and ill get you pricing
KT_Ag08
AG
Going to need a fairly large multi room install within the next 6 or so weeks in Houston/Cypress. Have a lot of the stuff I need already but will need a lot of help on install and media room design as well as suggestions on options for an outdoor area. Let me know if you might be interested in helping out or have a contact you trust in the area. Thanks!
adamsbq06
AG
shoot me an email. maybe we can work somethign out.

andy
adamsbq06
AG
This just in I am now a Synology Partner... If you are looking for a cool 2U RAID array for your media or data storage. I can get preferred pricing on the 2U rack mounted devices.

The smaller units aren't discounted.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.