AV and Home Automation is Nerdy....

15,304 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by adamsbq06
adamsbq06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey Ags,

As many of y'all know I have a side Hustle in Audio Video and I have a couple AV distributors. I just picked up a larger distributor and I can now order and ship anywhere. I typically sell everything at my cost and don't mark anything up. (I am addicted to accumulating Credit-card points)

Anyway. I can get pretty much anything Sound United (Denon, Martin Logan, Etc), SONOS, Sonance, Etc.

And now I can drop ship directly to you. So if you have an AV project and you are looking for parts and labor. Or looking for Lighting switches etc. Send me and email and I can help.

Andy

andy@andrewadamsav.com

No this isn't a scam....
adamsbq06
AG
also if there is enough interest I can also establish a relationship with Ubiquity for networking gear...

adamsbq06
AG
ANd for reference.

Just completed a project for my FIL, bought all new components, speakers amps, TVs, Ubiquity Dream Machine Pro, POE switch, WiFi 6 APs, SONOS, OLED TVs etc....

Saved him about $3K over retail
tamusc
AG
AdamsBQ06 said:

ANd for reference.

Just completed a project for my FIL, bought all new components, speakers amps, TVs, Ubiquity Dream Machine Pro, POE switch, WiFi 6 APs, SONOS, OLED TVs etc....

Saved him about $3K over retail
Damn, just bought a DM Pro, though I'll probably pick up the new switch and some additional WiFi 6 APs in the near future.

Could you get something like their new UniFi 6 24-port PoE switch? Really intriguing as a multigig switch with PoE+ on all ports and 2 10G SFP+ ports for uplink.

https://store.ui.com/collections/unifi-network-routing-switching/products/unifi-6-switch-24-beta
99TxAggie
AG
Interested in Ubiquiti.
tfunk02
AG
I can vouch for AdamsBQ06. He is legit.
merlin403
Wish I would have known about your offer 6 months ago. I recently purchased a US16XG, USW-24, Cloud Key Gen2 and a UAP-AC-PRO.

Would you be able to get one of the new U6-LR-US?
adamsbq06
AG
For ubiquity I need to research their direct buy terms. I can get some stuff through other vendors but its limited.

Ill look into it tomorrow.
adamsbq06
AG
I am installing the Unif 48Port PoE at my FILs in a couple weeks.

Also with the WiFi6 Lite and Wifi6 Long Range
adamsbq06
AG
Curious why you didn't just do the DM Pro?
adamsbq06
AG
Also... I have two of the U6-LR-US I am installing them in a couple weeks.
adamsbq06
AG
thanks funk!
The Fife
Where was this when I was working out a repair vs replacement for my Onkyo receiver.
adamsbq06
AG
Yeah I've been doing this for a while.
adamsbq06
AG
And that stinks because there is a decent margin on receivers
The Fife
I ended up being able to repair the lil' ******* but I'm still not exactly thrilled with it since bluetooth is so hit or miss. One of three things will happen when I try and use it. Won't connect with my phone / turning everything off and back on again doesn't help. Will pair with phone, you get no sound, or everything pairs and you get sound. It's a roll of the dice which one you'll get.

If you carry subs, take a look at SVS. I have a PC 2000 and absolutely love it. It's cylindrical and about 3' tall so it takes up very little floor space but the sound it makes is huge.
adamsbq06
AG
Because of the way my house is laid out I don't have the options I had before.

My personal setup is simply a Sonos Arc, a Sony XBR, and the Sonos Sub. My other TVs simply have a beam. And we have a Sonos move.

The cool thing is that I was able to build a complete system that is 100% HomeKit compatible without needing to pay for an additional control unit (URC, Connect4, Savant).

I am scaling up my setup for my in-laws.
adamsbq06
AG
I reached out to a Ubiquity wholesaler to get an account established. Hopefully I should have that available today.

If you guys want quotes I can send you something via portal.io. once you purchase I typically send a invoice with the full MSRP for insurance purposes.

I can also get SAVANT Products as well so if you are old school and want a universal remote we can quote that.
TravelAg2004
AG
What's your cost for the ES-16-XG?
adamsbq06
AG
$637 from the one distributor I have access with but they are sold out at the moment. Working on adding another today.

falconace
What is your price for a sonos sub?
adamsbq06
AG
Should be around $100 off so email me at andy@andrewadamsav.com and I can get you a quote.

ChoppinDs40
AG
What can you get the Denon AVR-X3700 for?

Any discounts on SONOS stuff? About to buy 3amps
adamsbq06
AG
Shoot me an email andy@andrewadamsav.com

Also yes I can get great price on SONOS Amps. I just sold two ...

here is a pic of mostly SONOS Product
adamsbq06
AG
No not kidding
tamusc
AG
While I do have a full on Atmos HT setup in my den, my wife didn't want a big AV setup in our living room. We compromised on the Arc and I have been thoroughly impressed with it over the last few weeks.
adamsbq06
AG
Me to I have one and I am putting one in at my in-laws, I am pairing it with some high-end in-ceiling speakers and one Amp as well as the Sub

Also using a second Amp and all weather in-ceiling speakers for the patio

My goal was to build a system that was 100% HomeKit and avoid a control system. I built a smaller version in my house and simply up scaled.

Oh and the Sonos Move is a sleeper... it put my old $800 sound cast outcast speaker to shame.
The Fife
When things are a little less tight here at home I'm going to have to hit you up!
WES2006AG
AG
I bought the Sonos Arc back in November and will be adding the sub and surrounds at some point. Will hit you up when I decide to add to the setup.
sanitariex
AG
Bookmarking this page, as we should be moving into our house in May-June, and plan on going heavy into Sonos with a few amps and sound bars.
pnut02
AG
Interested in the Ubiquiti U6-LR-US
adamsbq06
AG
Still working on an agreement with acUI supplier. I'll keep y'all posted.

Ubiquity lists a warehouse as a requirement for direct buy. And yeah I don't want to have to pay rent on a place to store inventory.

adamsbq06
AG
Some of the availability of SONOS things like the ARC occasionally have around a 3 week lead time. Right now I am seeing an ETA of 2/26 on the ARC.

Keep that in mind.

Also if you want architectural speakers and stuff I can get those as well. If you are looking for something for a patio I just picked up these for my big project I am putting together.

https://www.episodespeakers.com/assets/docs/3_Series_Signature_by_Episode_Cutsheet.pdf

specifically the SIG-36-AW-ICDVC
pnut02
HalifaxAg
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.