Xbox One Series X/S thread

36,174 Views | 396 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bam02
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hate that these companies won't just take orders and when you're next in line they'll bill you and ship. I think that would drive down some of the scalping. That's what Valve is doing.

And heck, it's been a year, they could've engineered something by now like some verification system. Whatever happened to selling consoles to existing accounts? They know account ages.

I have both X and S but just frustrates me that friends can't play Battlefield with me because they have the One and can't find a Series.
Madmarttigan
AG
I mean I think I could find an S but I'm being picky about getting an X
ArmyAg2002
AG
Im in the same boat, I cam find an S, bht would mjch prefer the X.
jr15aggie
AG
If you want an X, don't settle for an S. I've seen plenty of videos and the S is very capable, but it won't give you the premium feel if you have a 4K TV.

The X is the real deal, just keep trying and waiting, the X is real the next gen experience
ArmyAg2002
AG
I have an 82 inch 4K (watching the Ags today was awesome), I will defintly hold out for the X.
MGS
I've got a Series X, and the 1TB drive is barely enough, with the 500GB on the Series S, you're going to be uninstalling and reinstalling all the time if you play more than a few games.
Pman17
AG
Yea, you have to change your gaming habits for these consoles by rotating games or playing one at a time which sucks. On the S you can only hold about 3 AAA Titles and a few smaller games. But it isn't terrible for those that just play one game all the time and dab in a few others. I'll only be able to hold Forza Horizon 5, Battlefield 2042, and Halo Infinite this holiday.

However they did just release two more external storage options. No competition though.
Seagate 512GB $140 & Seagate 2TB $400

I may have to get the 512GB at some point.

Tried the console streaming thing, it ain't bad. Kinda nice if you want to try a Game Pass game before committing to download.
jr15aggie
AG
I caved a few months ago and bought the expansion card. So I have 2 TB SSD and also have a 1 TB external drive that I've had for a while.

Very nice to store a lot of games, but definitely a luxury item.
RAM700BA
AG
FYI I finally scored a Series X at the Cedar Park Target. I'm assuming Austin area Targets got a restock. They are going quickly though.
ExPLK
AG
Awesome. Congrats. I'm still looking.

Is the all access option a scam? I don't really want to pay over a 24 month period. I just want to buy the dang thing. GameStop had one today but had to pay in 24 monthly installments and came with game passes and such. Didn't seem worth it to me.
Madmarttigan
AG
I believe if you use Xbox game pass regularly it comes out in your favor

Best Buy wants a credit check for all access and I'm not liking that
Phat32
AG
Cannot believe it is still hard to get one of these. I got lucky with some this time last year, but figured supply would free up soon after.
uujm
Microsoft sent me a free Xbox S and I've never owned an Xbox before. What games that are exclusive to it should I try?
jeffk
AG
Halo Infinite just opened the multiplayer beta. Also the previous Halo titles have been updated for the Series S/X.

But I want to know more about this free console from MS too! How'd you manage that?
uujm
Thanks. I'm not really into first person shooters. Probably a reason I have not had an Xbox before. Any recs for non FPS?

I got the free Xbox for product placement for my movies. Microsoft also sent me three or four laptops. Companies send me products to use as props, set dec, costumes, cars, etc. Earlier this year Maserati sent me a Levante for a month. I got a case of pink tequila on the last show.
jeffk
AG
Forza? I'm not a racing game person, but I've heard it's gorgeous.

That's really cool! I have wondered what happens to all the stuff used in movies before.
texsn95
AG
Any Halo edition drops coming soon?
Ag8556
AG
Was just able to get Xbox X using Walmart + account. Early access for Walmart + shopping runs for a couple more hours before ordering opens for everyone.
stxag8
AG
Also able to grab a Series X today. Expected delivery 12/14.
Austinag85
AG
Just tried to get in on this right before 4pm… site says "sorry this early access deal did not last"
ExPLK
AG
I got one as well!
LeftyHound
AG
wt
RAM700BA
AG
FYI got Best Buy to price match this monitor. Goes great with the Series X if you are playing any games that support 120 FPS. Also pretty good PC performance as well.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-27-gaming-monitor-s2721dgf/apd/210-axeh/monitors-monitor-accessories
jr15aggie
AG
Just got a Logitech steering wheel with force feedback... Christmas present.... for the kids, of course!

Been waiting to play the new Forza cause I was pretty sure this was gonna be something I put under the tree. I hope they don't get too mad after I assemble the stand I bought, put it all together and tell the kids "hang on, Dad just wants to see if it works!".

jeffk
AG
Got an email from MS yesterday about Series X bundles with a link to buy, but they were sold out by the time I clicked. Anyone get one through their site?
Jason_Ag98
AG
I got an email like that last Friday and jumped on it. The Series X arrived on Tuesday!
ExPLK
AG
I got an email from MS on Wednesday evening and jumped on it right away. Required you to buy an extra controller and a game so I picked up a standard black controller and GTA which was the cheapest game at $15.

I've been pretty lucky in scoring units and have been grabbing them as they drop and selling them to friends, family and neighbors at cost so that they can get one. If someone is in the Dallas area and is still looking for one, let me know.
Austinag85
AG
How do you set it up to receive an email from MS? I'm trying to locate one for my son for Xmas but am not going to buy a stand-alone with one controller and no games for $900+.
ExPLK
AG
Austinag85 said:

How do you set it up to receive an email from MS? I'm trying to locate one for my son for Xmas but am not going to buy a stand-alone with one controller and no games for $900+.

I just logged onto my MS account and tried to buy one. There was an option that said "sign up to be notified when supplies become available." Or something like that. I chose that option.

Let me know if you want that one I just grabbed. Happy to give it to you for what I paid for it. I've sold a few PS5s to some Ags on this board.

One note - the controller shipped yesterday but the email said the console wouldn't get here until 12/22.
Pman17
AG
For those with Game Pass, Townscaper is an easy 1000 gamer score.
Thunder18
AG
ExPLK said:

Austinag85 said:

I just logged onto my MS account and tried to buy one. There was an option that said "sign up to be notified when supplies become available." Or something like that. I chose that option.

Let me know if you want that one I just grabbed. Happy to give it to you for what I paid for it. I've sold a few PS5s to some Ags on this board.

One note - the controller shipped yesterday but the email said the console wouldn't get here until 12/22.

How much ?
ExPLK
AG
Bundle came to $611.57. Comes with unit ($499.99), Xbox carbon black wireless controller ($49.99), GTA ($14.99) and $46.60 in sales tax.
CheeseSndwch
Purchased one month of Walmart+ and I was able snag an Xbox Series X during this morning's restock.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
CheeseSndwch said:

Purchased one month of Walmart+ and I was able snag an Xbox Series X during this morning's restock.
Same here. Super excited!
Pman17
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.