Xbox One Series X/S thread

36,012 Views | 396 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bam02
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got back from Cancun and I couldn't help but think "I could do better than that" on a couple landings I experienced this past week.

Lucky for me, Flight Simulator launches in about a week and I'm going to fire it up, walk straight into the cockpit of a 747 and a 777 and show those American Airlines pilots how to land those planes properly!

Truth Edit: I'll be lucky to hit the runway!
Pman17
AG
If you're in the market for a Series S, they're in stock through Best Buy. Mainly store pickup. See a bunch of stores in Houston Bay Area with pickup dates for the 30th.

And maybe that's a sign for restock of Series X that date since it's a Friday and restocks usually are on Friday's.
Bregxit
AG
Pman17 said:

If you're in the market for a Series S, they're in stock through Best Buy. Mainly store pickup. See a bunch of stores in Houston Bay Area with pickup dates for the 30th.

And maybe that's a sign for restock of Series X that date since it's a Friday and restocks usually are on Friday's.

Got my X on a Thursday restock at Best Buy a few weeks back.
jr15aggie
AG
jr15aggie said:

Heads up... July games with gold (which I've mostly ignored lately) has a real gem. Starting mid July the Midway Arcade Origins will be free to own.

Eh, never mind... most of these games have aged terribly and outside of an original arcade cabinet, they aren't much fun on a TV screen & xbox controller (the sound quality, more than the graphics, was jarring in a bad way). I'll still cycle through more of them for nostalgia sake, but not much else.
LeftyHound
AG
Best Buy's recent drop of Series Sstill has inventory. Hopefully that's a good sign for the next X drop
LeftyHound
AG
Best Buy's site isoccasionally showing X in stock but not letting me add to cart. FYI stock may be opening today
jr15aggie
AG
Flight Sim out today. Not sure if it will be a game I stick with for dozens of hours, but looking forward to firing it up and checking out the most iconic locations around the world.... which of course will include a take-off from ABIA so I can do a low altitude flyby of my house!
AgsWin2011
AG
I'm out of state on vacation but will be back home by Friday. Already set it up to download while I'm gone. Hopefully it's a game worth the hype (at least for me). Looking forward to playing it on my couch after a long road trip.
jr15aggie
AG
So the game (Flight Sim) is mostly fubar'd with the Thrustmaster Flight Stick. It works for basic controls but the button mapping is all messed up. Looks to be a broad issue so I'm sure it will be fixed.

No matter, I just need it to keep me in the air which it does. Other than the first basic lesson, I skipped the massive amounts of tutorials. Instead I hopped in a Cessna and plotted a course from Austin Bergstram to the tiny G-town airport.

Pretty cool. Downtown Austin was well done... The Capital, Erwin Center, TU stadium all very well done and recognizable. Lake Gtown was pretty much perfect and I was super impressed that the local HS Football stadiums all had the correct logo and endzone labels. That's insane!

And of course, had to do a flyby of my neighborhood and it was pretty much perfect. Generic houses of course, but the street layouts were correct... easily found my culdesac and house. Neat.

Overall what a cool game. Don't think I'll care to deep dive into it, but really looking forward to plugging in places all over the world and flying around.
Vade281
AG
It should be pretty accurate since they use a satellite feed and stream it all into the game.
jr15aggie
AG
The Ascent out tomorrow on Gamepass. Been looking forward to it since it was announced. Getting high praise from reviewers and Digital Foundry had lots of praise on the technical side. Series X version looking extremely good!

Last gen getting the short end of the stick though... 30 fps, lower resolutions, and 2:45 initial loading times. Yeesh, I bet there will be a lot of people thinking the game is frozen and won't load... nope, just hella long!

WES2006AG
AG
That looks cool. Another win for GamePass because I will surely check this out but would not have bought it.
LeftyHound
AG
WalMart just had a drop of Series X. It lasted 1 minute. ****ing bots
jr15aggie
AG
WES2006AG said:

That looks cool. Another win for GamePass because I will surely check this out but would not have bought it.

Yeah it's really interesting on the business side. I would have bought this one for sure, but instead I get it for "free". On the other hand, I just finished a game last night, Plague Tale, that I probably never would have played otherwise.

Then there are lots of other games on game pass that I should try... MLB The Show comes to mind... but I just simply haven't had the time.

I guess in the end, for now at least, everybody is happy with this new way of getting games to the players.
Pman17
AG
Started playing, the visuals are stunning!
jr15aggie
AG
Pman17 said:

Started playing, the visuals are stunning!

Started playing? Mother F*er... it launched early!?!
Pman17
AG
Released on GamePass, it's good!
jr15aggie
AG
Pman17 said:

Released on GamePass, it's good!

Yeah I see that. Problem is I was drinking tonight and I can't learn a new game when I'm inebriated. I'm too old for that. I thought the game was releasing on the 31st.

Lol... maybe we can coop tomorrow when I can see straight.
jeffk
AG
Any deals on GamePass Ultimate available anywhere?
jr15aggie
AG
jeffk said:

Any deals on GamePass Ultimate available anywhere?

I don't know of any. I still have a few months on the deal where you could load up on Gold and convert for $1. I think they know they have guys like me hooked and our subscriptions are expiring soon... time to pay the piper.
jeffk
AG
Yeah I'm back to full price now. I don't play enough to feel great about dropping that much every month.
jr15aggie
AG
So The Ascent is really good. The artists on the visuals and audio nailed it.

I'd recommend watching a couple "before you play" "10 things you should know" type videos on YouTube. The game doesn't hold your hand as much as other games and those vids were helpful getting started.
jr15aggie
AG
Hellblade received a Series X patch apparently. Worth checking out... I didn't think it was a great game, but it was a very good looking and sounding game. Definitely unique. I'll be interested to see what they bumped with the X.
GoodAg21
Beginning the hint in houston for the series x. Gonna be fun
LeftyHound
AG
GameStop is doing a drop today for Pro members
LeftyHound
AG
Finally got one. Now to dust off these BF skills
Aggietaco
AG
LeftyHound said:

Finally got one. Now to dust off these BF skills
What skills?
jeffk
jr15aggie
AG
Don't listen to them Lefty. Just stick with me... 24/7 with the C4 Quads. The only skills I'll ever need in BF life!
LeftyHound
AG
Oh y'all mfers gonna act like you forgot? Okay, okay
Madmarttigan
AG
For some reason I think our BF group will be lacking in skills compared to the old days
Pman17
AG
I'm ready to get back in the game! No kids yet.
jeffk
AG
I nominate you to run the server then.
jr15aggie
AG
Looks like MS has a Gamescon stream going on during lunch today. Not sure on the content, it just showed up on youtube home page last night so I'm passing it along.

Sounds like it's more talking with devs as opposed to new game announcements etc... might be a good background listen while you work or during lunch break.

Pman17
AG
Cloud Gaming integration on Xbox coming this holiday. Just open your library and select a tile with a cloud icon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.