Xbox One Series X/S thread

36,217 Views | 396 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bam02
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone need an S ?
BenFiasco14
AG
Went straight to Wolfenstein 2 and it's a hell of a good time!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
YNWA_AG
AG
I got an extra series x for friend but he ended up not wanting it. I cancelled the order though. So not much help
Breggy Popup
AG
Finally caught a restock on Best Buy! Comes in July 2.
Jasomania
AG
Can you use remote play / game streaming on an Xbox Series S/X? I would do this to play my Xbox One on other TV's in my house via my computer but it doesn't seem to be working with my Series S.
AliasMan02
AG
Jasomania said:

Can you use remote play / game streaming on an Xbox Series S/X? I would do this to play my Xbox One on other TV's in my house via my computer but it doesn't seem to be working with my Series S.

You can stream to your phone or tablet, or Windows PC. Not sure if there is an Xbox app for your tv, but if there is, you can stream there as well.
Pman17
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Jasomania said:

You can stream to your phone or tablet, or Windows PC. Not sure if there is an Xbox app for your tv, but if there is, you can stream there as well.

I believe support for Series systems aren't out yet for PC. Right now the app on tablet and phones work. TVs will come later this year. I think they started adding Series X servers to the Game Streaming Beta.
AliasMan02
AG
Pman17 said:

AliasMan02 said:

Jasomania said:

I believe support for Series systems aren't out yet for PC. Right now the app on tablet and phones work. TVs will come later this year. I think they started adding Series X servers to the Game Streaming Beta.

Ah you're right. I was thinking about doing it on my One X.
LastHamlet
AG
Got the Series X at Target in Bryan this morning through the App and picked it up about 2 hours later.

Reading the thread I'm guessing it's best to download the games that you have previously purchased straight from your account instead of transfer via external hard drive? I do have a question though.

Do you have to buy a special external hard drive to store games or will the ones that worked for the Xbox One work?
BenFiasco14
AG
LastHamlet said:

Got the Series X at Target in Bryan this morning through the App and picked it up about 2 hours later.

Reading the thread I'm guessing it's best to download the games that you have previously purchased straight from your account instead of transfer via external hard drive? I do have a question though.

Do you have to buy a special external hard drive to store games or will the ones that worked for the Xbox One work?

If you're talking about your save data and stuff, all of that is in "the cloud" and is associated with your Microsoft account, NOT the brick and mortar system. So if you download a game you played previously on the one, all your game data will be there.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
WES2006AG
AG
Your old hard drive will plug in and work just fine with the Series X. The only issue is any game that is optimized for the Series X will need to be on the internal HD to take advantage of all of the games features.
LastHamlet
AG
Thanks everyone for the clarifications.
Pman17
AG
XCloud Launches today! Available for everyone!
Xbox.com/play
AgsWin2011
AG
I wonder if I'm going to need to buy the external ssd storage just to play Flight Simulator. That would be a brilliant (yet shltty) move on Microsoft's part.
WES2006AG
AG
I think I remember hearing MS Flight Sim would come in around 100GB on the Series X.
jr15aggie
AG
What I understand is it relies heavily on streaming in assets on the fly depending on where you are flying. Pretty sure they joke that there is a warning screen about data caps.

In other words you won't need the extra SSD, but you will need an unlimited internet plan.
jr15aggie
AG
Pman17 said:

XCloud Launches today! Available for everyone!
Xbox.com/play

I launched a game on my phone and it still says 'Beta'. What does this launch you speak of do that is different than before?
HossAg
AG
Tried it last night with halo and the input lag made it unplayable. I didn't expect it to be that bad. Major step down from the nvidia cloud service I tried out a few years ago.
hph6203
AG
It was not available to everyone prior to yesterday. They launched web based streaming for iOS and everyone with Game Pass got access.
jr15aggie
AG
HossAg said:

Tried it last night with halo and the input lag made it unplayable. I didn't expect it to be that bad. Major step down from the nvidia cloud service I tried out a few years ago.

That's been my experience across the board. Driving games and shooters are mostly unplayable. It's not terrible, but bad enough to where my thought is "I'd rather just wait until I get home to play this".

What I have had success playing are games that don't require that much precision. Completed an indie game called Carrion playing on a tablet. Yakuza Like a Dragon is one I've been playing on my Series X but I think I'll start logging some hours on my tablet during lunch breaks.

I definitely think they have something here, but in its current state anything requiring minimal lag just isn't working.
dcaggie04
AG
I tried it out last night and didn't notice that much input lag. At least nothing that made something like Forza 4 unplayable. Maybe I'm lucky on my connection since I was on my fiber network.
HossAg
AG
I'm on a 200 gb non fiber WiFi connection, and it was probably a solid 300-400 ms input lag. Idk how anything would be enjoyable on that. Maybe I'm spoiled with 144 hz PC gameplay with like 4 ms input lag, but I don't know how anyone could play with that.

Could just be my internet. I played on the nvidia GeForce streaming service a few years ago and the input lag was pretty manageable.
AliasMan02
AG
Played some Skyrim on my phone last night too test it out and it worked great.
WES2006AG
AG
I tried Forza and MLB The Show on Xcloud and they weren't really playable on my iPad.
jr15aggie
AG
Just played 15 min of Yakuza on my tablet to start my lunch break. Worked great! Not sure if the games are running on Series X based servers, but it loaded crazy fast so it seems like they are definitely utilizing SSDs.

Input lag is there but wasn't bad... on a game like that it really doesn't matter though. Graphically speaking I can't tell the resolution, but it looks great on a smaller screen.
jr15aggie
AG
And FYI, a lot of games (like Yakuza) are implementing touch controls so you can play on your phone without a controller.

That's pretty bad ass. Again, like with the lag issue, not really ideal and I'd sometimes rather just wait and play at home... but that's pretty sick that I can whip out my pocket computer and play top tier Xbox games whenever I feel like it.
jr15aggie
AG
Heads up... July games with gold (which I've mostly ignored lately) has a real gem. Starting mid July the Midway Arcade Origins will be free to own. Showing my age... I grew up with all of these and I'm looking forward to it. Link below for list of games included.

The ones I use to play the most: Arch Rivals, Pit Fighter, Marble Madness, Joust, Rampage, Rampart, Smash TV, Spy Hunter, Super Off-Road.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midway_Arcade_Origins
GoodAg21
I have a 55 inch roku TV. A buddy of mine said in order to truly benefit from the x that I need a good monitor and should get the S if i'm using a TV. any truth to this? I have the original xbox one and need to upgrade. I really just want to be able to play next gen games smoothly. Very stoked about halo and battlefield
jr15aggie
AG
I would not get the S. There are more than just resolution benefits to the Series X.

Imo the Series S is great for kids or a console you can travel with. Get the X.
Bryan98
AG
STCLaggie21 said:

I have a 55 inch roku TV. A buddy of mine said in order to truly benefit from the x that I need a good monitor and should get the S if i'm using a TV. any truth to this? I have the original xbox one and need to upgrade. I really just want to be able to play next gen games smoothly. Very stoked about halo and battlefield

There are TVs that taks full advantage of the X and monitors that don't. It's a console, it's clearly meant to be paired with a TV. If you're in the market, I would carefully shop for max feature compatibility.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah get a mid or high quality 4k TV to pair with the x and you're good.

It looks incredible on my OLED.
HossAg
AG
Look for something with lower input lag numbers on rtings, too. Some TVs look nice but don't do well with gaming. I have a TCL and it's got a little too much lag for me.
WES2006AG
AG
STCLaggie21 said:

If you have a 4K TV or plan to ever get one skip the S and get the Series X. If you are looking to upgrade your TV for the Series X you are going to want something with at least 1 HDMI 2.1 port. That will let you get 4K @ 120hz with things like HDR and Variable Refresh Rate. If you are looking forward to Halo and Battlefield they have both already confirmed that they are built to take advantage of those next gen console features.
Malachi Constant
AG
You guys are really making me want to spend money.

I have the Series X connected to my 120" projection screen. It looks awesome, but the projector is not 4k. Any recommendations on newer projectors?
Bunk Moreland
Quote:

Any recommendations on newer projectors?

Don't have any recs but i'll +1 this...looking to get a projector soon and don't want to spend something insane.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.