Xbox One Series X/S thread

36,014 Views | 396 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bam02
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That looks amazing. That is just a tech demo and not an upcoming game right?
GoodAg21
got the series S from costco. absolutely love it.
Pman17
AG
WES2006AG said:

That looks amazing. That is just a tech demo and not an upcoming game right?
Just tech demo and it's downloadable for Series X and PS5. 30GB. Gonna try it sometime today.
AB2
AG
Okay y'all - got a question.

My son has a series X. I had an old Xbox One that I traded today at GameStop and got him an S…so we now have both for different rooms in the house.

When you buy a disc game, do you automatically get the digital version of it? My MIL had bought him a few disc games for Christmas but we don't know whether to return those for the digital version or if we can make it work on both systems through a download or something.

Sorry for the rookie question…
PooDoo
AG
Usually either physical disc or digital rarely both if ever.
jr15aggie
AG
If you want to play one copy of a game on both systems it will have to be a digital copy of the game. Works at my house like a charm of you understand how to set up the correct "home" console. There have been several detailed threads on how to do that if you don't know how.

Me perosnlly, I haven't bought a disc game in years for this reason.
jeffk
AG
No digital copy for disk games. In fact, the disc itself sort of acts like a security measure to keep the game from being shared. Once you insert the disc the first time, you'll have to download a sizable set of files and patches but you'll still need the disc to play. It's a weird dynamic. I buy all digital now as I don't like swapping out or keeping up with the physical media. If you're running low on hard drive space for installed games, you can always deinstall games you're done with or not playing and then reinstall them if you ever want to restart or continue. All your game saves will be safe in the cloud so you won't lose any progress.
AB2
AG
Okay, another question. If it's already buried in the thread…feel free to Germans/Pearl Harbor shame me.

I'm looking at storage expansion for the S. I'm reading that an external HD is useless for actual S/X games as they have to be on the original drive itself…and if I want to house X/S more games I would need the expansion card.

Is that correct? Also guessing no 3rd party expansion cards available yet…
jr15aggie
AG
Yes for games that are labeled "X/S Enhanced" it will have to be stored on the internal SSD or the expansion card. Most of those types of games are at least 50 GB and the Series S will fill up fast.

The benefit of an external HD is that you can store all of your non X/S games and play them from there. It's also faster to transfer games between the hard drives than re-download them.

I ended up buying the expansion cause even the non X/S games benefit from super fast load times on the SSDs. Once you get use to it, it's hard to go back.
aggietony2010
AG
Enjoy it Thunder!
duck79
AG
Rookie question here and it may have been asked in the past 11 pages so I apologize in advance.

Our 11yr old is asking for an X for Xmas but we haven't had any luck and I'm not sure I want to pay the sticker price. He is on an original one now and plays Fortnite, Madden and COD. We have an S already purchased. For someone like him who just plays w friends. Is the difference between an X and S truly that drastic?
WES2006AG
AG
duck79 said:

Rookie question here and it may have been asked in the past 11 pages so I apologize in advance.

Our 11yr old is asking for an X for Xmas but we haven't had any luck and I'm not sure I want to pay the sticker price. He is on an original one now and plays Fortnite, Madden and COD. We have an S already purchased. For someone like him who just plays w friends. Is the difference between an X and S truly that drastic?
The major difference is that the Series X is 4K and the Series S maxes out at 1440P and is mainly at 1080P. The series X is certainly more "future proof" but if you aren't on a 4K screen it likely won't be a huge difference. With that said the Series S comes with a 500GB SSD vs the 1TB SSD on the Series X. If you are planning on addind storage in the future you might as well hold out for the Series X.
duck79
AG
Thank you for the information.
Pman17
AG
Apparently Xbox Series X and S will be sold to Prime Members Only on Amazon for the next two weeks. The S is in stock but they could be doing some random X drop. PS5 too
jeffk
AG
is there any way to sign up for notifications on Prime?
Pman17
AG
No, but I recommend turning on notifications for this Twitter account.
https://twitter.com/xboxstockalerts?s=21
jeffk
AG
ha - yeah, I actually used that account along with a couple others to snag mine earlier this fall. It's a good strategy. I have a couple of friends looking for one, so I thought I'd help them out but I'm not wanting to devote *that* much time to it (again).
Pman17
AG
Amazon dropped them 10 min ago. Already gone
Thunder18
AG
aggietony2010 said:

If anyone in the Katy/Houston area needs an Series X (new, unopened), for list price + tax, let me know. I got one while waiting for an online graphics card drop, figuring someone I know would want it...and no one does.

Another successful TexAgs hook-up
GoodAg21
Got my series S at costco. they had plenty of em but that was a month ago, would recommend checking if you want an S because of how many they had. very happy with it but a lot due to I had the original xbox one. games look great and love game pass too.
Pman17
AG
All Access Available at Game Stop
https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/xbox-series-x%7Cs/consoles/products/xbox-series-x-xbox-all-access/B224744A.html

It's the console and GamePass ultimate bundled for 0% APR.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
If anyone is in the San Antonio area and still looking for an Xbox X happy to sell you one at retail. Have been buying PS5's and X's for friends/family and currently have an X with an extra controller from a recent Costco drop. It was $600 after-tax.

Feel free to text and we can work out details: nine-seven-9-two-five-5-nine-four-five-3
Pman17
AG
Game Stop Restock tomorrow
Here's list
https://gamingintel.com/gamestop-in-store-xbox-series-x-restock-list-every-store-dec-23/
Pman17
AG
Apparently the Xbox Series X had been in stock on Amazon UK for hours now.
PooDoo
AG
Nebraska Furniture Mart has a couple hundred on the floor now
AgsWin2011
AG
I'm at Target in Bryan right now. They have one if anyone needs it.
Pman17
AG
Someone will want it
Pman17
AG
I see all access availability at local targets for pick up.
https://www.target.com/p/xbox-series-x-console/-/A-80790841
Pman17
AG
Looks like the shortage is reaching its end. If you still need one, ask your local store in person like Best Buy or Target and they may have a pallet in the back.
WES2006AG
AG
I've seen a lot of people on Reddit finding them at Targets
texsn95
AG
So are the Halo Infinite edition drops done?
Bregxit
AG
Pman17
AG
I guess Walmart has plenty if anyone needs an X

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Series-X-Video-Game-Console-Black/443574645?irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_yDM3oIWLzxyIRakS9IS%3A8V%3A4UkGQ1mSHIzJvRM0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_482924&clickid=yDM3oIWLzxyIRakS9IS%3A8V%3A4UkGQ1mSHIzJvRM0&sharedid=&affiliates_ad_id=565706&campaign_id=9383&action=SignIn&rm=true
Pman17
AG
Still in stock! Looks like the shortage is ending.
Vince Blake
Thanks for sharing! Wife just snagged me one for my birthday!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.