God of War - Ps4

10,712 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FightinTexasAg15
Halibut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Set pieces in this game are great. A lot of creativity and spectacle. I'm probably 15 hours in, and so far the pacing of these moments has been spot on.

Also, whoever did the sound design for the world serpent needs a raise.
MW03
AG
Great point on the sound. The mix is excellent as well. Hearing an attack coming from behind has saved my ass several times already.
bbattbq01
AG
Agree, world serpent is great. Sad when I've talked to him it has been when I've had headphones on and not with subwoofer lol
Chase McGuire
Got through the story tonight. Loved it. Still lots to do in the game, so that'll keep me busy. What a game.
jtstanley4621
AG
Okay so I have a question. I don't really think that it's a spoiler because it's something that happens very early on in the game, but I guess I'll tag it, since the answers might be spoiler-y. Also if anyone wants me to remove the post I can.

When you're fighting The Stranger early in the game when y'all bust down through the house he asks why there are two beds underneath the house. I don't think this was ever addressed. I know there are two beds in the main room of the house, but is there any real significance to there being two beds underneath the house? Also I've finished the story so any answer won't spoil anything for me.
nomad2007
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

One day deal on PS4 Pro - Target:
https://slickdeals.net/f/11508339-playstation-4-pro-20-off-at-target-via-cartwheel-320?sdxt01=2018-04-22+08%3A09%3A16&sdxt06=Auto+DA+Fire2+to+Curated%3A%3A%3ATest%3A%3A%3Ada_newreg_curated_v2&sdxt07=148751&utm_source=dealalerts&utm_medium=em-i&utm_term=18&utm_content=1646344&utm_campaign=da_fire2_to_curated&p=114635371&src=da_newreg_curated_v2_32454956#post114635371
Used this to upgrade. Figured it'd be worth it even if just for The Last of Us 2 and God of War
bbattbq01
AG
Best Buy has pro 100$ off now. Now I have to go to Best Buy to price match.

This game is a LOT longer than the others... holy geez. I feel like I must be getting close to the end but I don't know for sure. I've managed to avoid all spoilers to this point so when it ends it ends!
Robk
At work and Slickdeals is blocked. Who has it advertised for 100 off? I do not see target having it listed as 100 off.
nomad2007
AG
Robk said:

At work and Slickdeals is blocked. Who has it advertised for 100 off? I do not see target having it listed as 100 off.
Target is $80 off right now with the cartwheel coupon.
Cromagnum
AG
I lost my **** when you get the witch to reanimate Mimirs head. Something about having a lopped off head on your belt loop speaking in a Scottish accent has me rolling.
bbattbq01
AG
Robk said:

My bad... saw Best Buy ad for 300$ 1tb ps4 and thought it was ps4 pro ad. Target is the best deal currently
spieg12
AG
I really enjoyed this game. Combat is awesome, especially when fully upgraded, story is good, the reveal at the end really surprised me. The only minor thing I was disappointed in was that there were all 9 realms listed and you can't visit them all. Just leave them out instead of getting my hopes up. Or mabe an expansion is in the works, I don't really know.

Side note:
I visited Muspelheim early in the game and didn't like it so I didn't return until I had already finished the story. By then I had every skill for all weapons unlocked except the last blades skills which are locked behind completing Muspelheim. I actually felt like a god there. I was so overpowered that I demolished the first four arenas without my health going below half. That was a ton of fun, unlike my first visit which was frustrating and annoying.
Chase McGuire
Once you beat the story, head back to your house and take a nap.
spieg12
AG
I did that too. I thought that was cool.
bbattbq01
AG
Just finished the story. Fantastic game.

Loved the part was when he went home. Didn't see that coming until they started talking about Hel and no fires burning. How the hell they managed to keep it quiet that they were in the game...! Also, Loki was a ***** there for a while after finding out he was a god. Man, I can't wait for sequels and burning down Asgard.
MW03
AG
I'm about the most casual gamer these days. I spend maybe two hours a week on video games, if that. I do enjoy video games, but I find as I get older I have less interest in carving out time to sit down and play.

This game is the first one in a long, long time that I find myself actively making time for to the point that I'm actively picking it over other things I should probably be doing, or would otherwise rather be doing.

That's about the highest praise I can give a game at this point in my life.

Goro Majima
AG
"... BOY."
Murder Hornet
AG
AggieTurok said:

"... BOY."

I can't read these runes yet
Cromagnum
AG
Anyone gave it a go on the hardest difficulty yet? I heard it's rough and they changed a lot of enemy behavior.
nomad2007
AG
Cromagnum said:

Anyone gave it a go on the hardest difficulty yet? I heard it's rough and they changed a lot of enemy behavior.

I did, I cried, I switched back to 'challenging'

Edit: but you have to start a new game to switch off hard
Chase McGuire
I just spent about 4 hours fighting the final endgame boss. I won, but damn, I'll never try that on a harder difficulty than "normal."

Should finish off the Platinum tomorrow.
boy09
AG
Cromagnum said:

Lol, I'm playing on the "Give me a story" difficulty and it's still kind of tough for me. I started on "Give me a balanced experience, I changed the difficulty after the very first troll in the game killed me 3 times in a row...
jtstanley4621
AG
Chase McGuire said:

I just spent about 4 hours fighting the final endgame boss. I won, but damn, I'll never try that on a harder difficulty than "normal."

Should finish off the Platinum tomorrow.
Yeah normal was quite enough for me as well. Can't even imagine playing the hardest difficulty. Apparently the regular enemies heal over time and if you don't kill them quickly enough they freaking level up. I can only imagine fighting a reaver or something doing that.
spieg12
AG
I gave it one go after finally making it available last night. Whole lotta nope. Back to grinding in you know where for those echoes to level up more.
Chase McGuire
I did it after 100%-ing all the realms at level 8. Highly recommend grinding for the best armour you can find.

It was still one of the most difficult things I've ever done in a video game. Makes all the other bosses in the game look easy.

Only thing I have to compare it to is Darkeater Midir in Dark Souls 3, which was also a nightmare. This may have been worse.
Scotty Flamingo
Finished it. *********what a game. Lived the big reveal at the end...before you take a nap...didnt see that coming.
jtstanley4621
AG
The great thing about the game was the story was good enough and the world was interesting enough that I was ready for a sequel nearly immediately after playing. Then it set in that it's probably gonna be at least 3 years until we get that.
bbattbq01
AG
I can't even imagine fightIng the last one. The one at the top of the volcano ate me up for an hour last night before I gave in for the night.
Halibut
AG
I haven't fought the toughest boss yet, but for those who are struggling with the other 8, I recommend using the very first axe runic attack you get (Hel's Retribution or something like that). It activates instantly, it breaks guards and causes a stagger animation, and it can knock enemies out of their unblockable attacks if you time it right. Plus its recharge time is pretty quick (~15 seconds if you juice your cooldown stat a little bit).

I usually started a fight with Atreus summoning wolves and getting as many attacks in as I could while they were stunned. After that I just kept Atreus shooting light arrows to keep them weakened while I go to town with my axe. Most of their powerful moves (guard breaks or unblockables) have pretty big windups and can be avoided easily if you watch for them.

I'm playing on the normal difficulty, so I imagine I'd have to play a lot smarter on hard or the other mode.

MW03
AG
I have no idea what armor I should be using, so I just pick the most badass looking sets.
Murder Hornet
AG
What is the final boss? I've spread the ashes and have not seen a crazy unbeatable boss

The credits rolled and now I can go back and try to kill the valkyries. They've wrecked me so far
Halibut
AG
bthomas98 said:

What is the final boss? I've spread the ashes and have not seen a crazy unbeatable boss

The credits rolled and now I can go back and try to kill the valkyries. They've wrecked me so far
The final boss is basically a super tough valkyrie fight. Defeat all the normal valkyries to unlock it.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I've beaten all the Valkyries. Conquered Musphelim and nilfheim, and now have nothing else to do.

I'm sad. It was so good.
nomad2007
AG
After finishing the game, the only qualm I had was with the blocking during combat. It is fairly unresponsive and inconsistent. That's really the only problem I had with the game.

Everything about this game was just perfect.
Cromagnum
AG
Halibut said:

bthomas98 said:

The final boss is basically a super tough valkyrie fight. Defeat all the normal valkyries to unlock it.

Yes. Sigrun is a ****. It reminded me of old school Mortal Kombat fights against Motaro, Kintaro, and Shao Khan.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.