God of War - Ps4

10,718 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FightinTexasAg15
easttexasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does this game require lots of crafting? I don't have time to invest in crafting stuff and collecting ingredients? I got too many kids for that.
bbattbq01
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Does this game require lots of crafting? I don't have time to invest in crafting stuff and collecting ingredients? I got too many kids for that.

Hasn't in the past. Usually just upgrade trees.
IceAg08
AG
Why isnt this on Amazon anymore? I dont see the prime discount for pre order today
BallerStaf2003
AG
I want to play it nowwewwww
BizAg13
Supposedly they are having issues fulfilling physical copy preorders. Sounds like Sony might not be too happy about the prime discount.
TexAgsAnon
BizAg13 said:

Supposedly they are having issues fulfilling physical copy preorders. Sounds like Sony might not be too happy about the prime discount.
Best Buy offers the same discount for GCU members, but with Amazon announcing 100million Prime subs, I can see the Amazon discount putting a dent into a game's profit.
bbattbq01
AG
Annoys me that we even have physical copies anymore. I wish digital content would be discounted appropriately to account for no distribution costs (other than bandwidth).

That said I just paid full price for the digital copy because I'm old and lazy and don't feel like dealing with discs.
Kampfers
AG
bbattbq01 said:

Annoys me that we even have physical copies anymore. I wish digital content would be discounted appropriately to account for no distribution costs (other than bandwidth).

That said I just paid full price for the digital copy because I'm old and lazy and don't feel like dealing with discs.
What, so you want a ~$4 discount?

Sure, there's a lot of room to complain about the fact that digital games will still be sold for full price months/years after release, long after retailers have dropped the price of the physical alternatives. But this is a brand new game, paying full retail value for a digital version should be expected. Just be glad that the base cost of video games haven't gone up with development.
bbattbq01
AG
Kampfers said:

bbattbq01 said:

What, so you want a ~$4 discount?

Sure, there's a lot of room to complain about the fact that digital games will still be sold for full price months/years after release, long after retailers have dropped the price of the physical alternatives. But this is a brand new game, paying full retail value for a digital version should be expected. Just be glad that the base cost of video games haven't gone up with development.

I was lumping retailer margin into distribution costs... it's silly that amazon and Best Buy will sell me a new game for .8*msrp for a physical copy but Sony will make me pay 60 and not compete with the discount retailers give on physical copies making me choose between paying more to be lazy or paying less and having a disk sitting around. You'd think they'd want to push the digital copy to fight resale.

Anyways... less than six hours!
Halibut
AG
Amazon says I should get mine tomorrow. Just in time for the weekend.
bbattbq01
AG
2 hours!
Chase McGuire
Got through Ascension and Ghost of Sparta. Chains of Olympus isn't gonna happen. Won't get to play until tomorrow afternoon, but I'm hoping it lives up to the (considerable) hype.

Even if it doesn't, I'm just happy we get more GoW.
bbattbq01
AG
So far so good. Looks great. Combat is fun, will be much more so once have unlocked moves.
Scotty Flamingo
Its freaking incredible. That is all.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Before I unleash my son on this game are there any of the sexual aspects of the previous games present in this one?
KidDoc
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Before I unleash my son on this game are there any of the sexual aspects of the previous games present in this one?
You don't want your kid button mashing all over Aphrodite?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Chase McGuire
Haven't read this for fear of spoilers, but this should tell you all you need to know: https://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=35341&Title=God+of+War
MaroonStain
AG
I am watching Broken Machine's stream. Is Gerard Butler the main dude's voice?
bevokilla
AG
I am pretty sure Sony and Microsoft have at least a gentleman's agreement with physical disc retailers not to undercut them on price.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Do y'all use the quick turn often? What do you do when attacked from behind?
92Ag95
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Counter on the reach around.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Bought this game and it's completely worthless. My Xbox won't even read the damn disk. Pathetic!
nomad2007
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Bought this game and it's completely worthless. My Xbox won't even read the damn disk. Pathetic!
Might I recommend an alternative called Sea of Thieves?

The level of fun in it is about on par with your current situation.
Saxsoon
AG
Loved the video where Cory barlog showed his reaction to reading the 94 metacritic score. Dude broke down crying
BowSowy
AG
bbattbq01 said:

Bought an oled and ps4 pro Saturday. Now ready for this.

I bought a pro for this game (already had the OLED). Holy moly, this game looks incredible. And plays incredible. I'm not too far into it (5ish hours) but I have a feeling this is going to vault to the top of my all time favorites.
Cromagnum
AG
Early thoughts.

Kratos is an ******* to his son. Love it.

I missed one of the toys, so OCD Cromagnum had to restart the first level so he could find all 4.
Scotty Flamingo
Cromagnum said:

Early thoughts.

I missed one of the toys, so OCD Cromagnum had to restart the first level so he could find all 4.
I'm pretty sure you can go back, no?
Cromagnum
AG
Kenny Omega said:

Cromagnum said:

Early thoughts.

Apparently not.
Scotty Flamingo
Cromagnum said:

Kenny Omega said:

Cromagnum said:

Early thoughts.

Apparently not.

Just an assumption on my part because of the locked door at the beginning.
Saxsoon
AG
Wanted to post this here.

I am a big fan of EasyAllies (video game review group of the former employees of GameTrailers. They are doing a full Spoiler Discussion of the game with the game director Cory Barlog that is coming out next week. Probably going to be some great insight in to the game

https://twitter.com/EasyAllies/status/987438536482672640?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Tomdoss92
AG
Saxsoon said:

Wanted to post this here.

I am a big fan of EasyAllies (video game review group of the former employees of GameTrailers. They are doing a full Spoiler Discussion of the game with the game director Cory Barlog that is coming out next week. Probably going to be some great insight in to the game

https://twitter.com/EasyAllies/status/987438536482672640?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
got this for you

BowSowy
AG
Cromagnum said:

Kenny Omega said:

Cromagnum said:

Early thoughts.

Apparently not.

Is that true? It means you can't 100% unless you're looking out for that from the get go. Seems unbelievable
bbattbq01
AG
Pretty sure you can go back.
bbattbq01
AG
Also: this game is amazing. Visually stunning. Almost sad I'm stuck behind Kratos's shoulder and can't look around more easily.
YouBet
AG
92Ag95 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Counter on the reach around.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.