iPhone X Preorder

18,582 Views | 224 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by drewser95
Naveronski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
213 Grove said:

Best Buy off of 99 and Westpark has lots today

Anyone know if the BB phones are factory unlocked like the Apple Store ones are?
Bregxit
AG
Got my tracking from VZW today. Will be here Tuesday!
AggieDruggist89
AG
Man... That notch would drive me insane...
tamusc
AG
You don't notice it once you actually start using the phone.
213 Grove
AG
Just got mine yesterday. So far its awesome and the swipe to get back to the homescreen feels natural. Havent really noticed the notch
Pman17
AG
tamusc said:

You don't notice it once you actually start using the phone.
Yea, same. I like watching videos full screen too, don't notice with the notch since most of the things happen at the center of the screen. If you survived pre-millennium letterbox tv then you can survive the notch.
Pman17
AG
After using the phone for two weeks, this is the best iPhone. Also the best experience of starting out with a new iPhone after release. All of the apps aren't fitted to the screen yet, but man, there's absolutely no lag when using apps or going between apps. Going from a plus to this, I notice no degrading difference in terms of screen reduction. The narrow look is pretty cool.
Bregxit
AG
Got mine Tuesday and love it. Took about a day to get used to the new gestures but no big deal.

Just turned my 6S in at Verizon and got a $300 credit on that (online quoted $230...bonus!)!
Coppell97
AG
One of the big pluses is the removal of the home button. Don't miss that at all. In fact when pick up a 7 or 6S, they feel cheap now with that home button. Glad that thing is gone.
BrazosDog02
AG
Naveronski said:

213 Grove said:

Anyone know if the BB phones are factory unlocked like the Apple Store ones are?

There are only TWO versions of the iPhone X.

The A1865:
United States

• C Spire
  • Sprint Wireless
  • US Cellular
  • Verizon
  • Factory-Unlocked

The A1901
United States

• AT&T
  • T-Mobile USA

The 'unlocked' phone you seek is the one you would get if you ordered 'unlocked' or if you ordered a 'verizon' phone. Same phone.

AT&T is the only one that is 'locked'.

This is my understanding.

https://www.techwalls.com/iphone-x-models-a1865-a1901-a1902-differences/
Naveronski
AG
Interesting.

So, in cases we decide to switch carriers during the life of the phone, I should buy the Verizon version, and use my ATT SIM card.
rynning
AG
Naveronski said:

Interesting.

So, in cases we decide to switch carriers during the life of the phone, I should buy the Verizon version, and use my ATT SIM card.
Yes. If you don't have a nano sim card, you can buy one from AT&T for about $10. Sometimes they're free.
Brick Tamland
Naveronski
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Naveronski said:

213 Grove said:

There are only TWO versions of the iPhone X.

The A1865:
United States

• C Spire
  • Sprint Wireless
  • US Cellular
  • Verizon
  • Factory-Unlocked

The A1901
United States

• AT&T
  • T-Mobile USA

The 'unlocked' phone you seek is the one you would get if you ordered 'unlocked' or if you ordered a 'verizon' phone. Same phone.

AT&T is the only one that is 'locked'.

This is my understanding.

https://www.techwalls.com/iphone-x-models-a1865-a1901-a1902-differences/

I bought the Verizon version today, put in my ATT sim, and everything works as it should.

Note, you cannot finance it and do this; Apple makes you (either) login to your Verizon account or purchase the phone outright.
BrazosDog02
AG
That's sucks but I'll probably do the same. I like to finance mine out. Probably still a while until apple offers an "unlocked" version at their store.
drewser95
AG
Best Buy does 18 months no-interest if you use their card.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.