iPhone X Preorder

18,559 Views | 224 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by drewser95
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone going to try to get the X tonight/tomorrow morning? Pre-orders start at 12:01 PDT.
AggieFrog
AG
Alarm is set for 1:50 and have my model favorited in the Apple Store app.
BrazosDog02
AG
I'm ordering two in hopes of scalping them on ebay.

If I can get them. Is this a stupid idea? Get two on release day, wait until stock runs out, dump it on ebay for half again or twice what I paid to some hipster that can't do without it?
Jim01
AG
Not stupid at all. Normally I hate this practice but now that they have done away with subsidized phones the prices of a phone is ridiculous, so get yours anyway you can
Pman17
AG
I've always had luck with the Apple Store app. It actually loads vs the Apple Store web page.

Shooting for the 256gb Silver on AT&T Next. If this fails and there's a significant delay, I'm cancelling and just gonna wait for the next one. My current one would be paid off and I can switch to Apple's program.
claym711
AG
Planning to order but will also wait for next cycle if there is a long delay. Concerned about the face ID anyways
BrazosDog02
AG
There are closed ebay sales for this phone that sold for 3000 dollars. How in the hell is this possible? They clearly state that phone ships in november...
Rex Racer
AG
I'm up and ready!
AggieFrog
AG
Got one for 11/3 delivery.
Rex Racer
AG
I'm still seeing "We've got something special for you..."
Rex Racer
AG
Okay, got a 256 GB in space gray through Verizon for delivery 11/3.
Azariah
AG
The Apple Store iPhone app beat the web site by about two minutes. The app opened at about 2:07AM CDT. I managed to snag 3 that should be here on 11/3.
Jim01
AG
It won't seem to let me buy just a raw phone. Keeps asking for my Sprint # and PIN and tells me my plan isn't eligible. I don't want a carrier I just want a raw unlocked phone. Ugh!!!!
Desert Power
AG
Maybe succeeded and ordered my wife one from Verizon. Have a confirmation email saying delivery by 11/3 but who knows.

When I initially submitted the order it said could not be processed but I got a confirmation email.
aggiepaintrain
AG
11-17 after att.com timed out so I went to apple.com and bought it (super easy)
silver 256
thann07
AG
Despite double checking/reentering shipping address before launch, it auto populated a very old address on my wife's order. She didn't catch it til it was too late, so it's apparently going to our old apartment.

So I get to deal with that. Hopefully that can be straightened out quickly "in a few hours," which is what Apple's website says now.

Similar problem on my order but less of a big dealit had my old work email, so confirmation was sent there.
Pman17
AG
Did mine through the Apple Store App. Didn't get in till 2:12 AM, tried doing my favorite saved, wouldn't load. Redid configuration and loaded, when I got to the AT&T SSN and Zip I couldn't go through for like a minute kept tapping continue with server timeouts, went back and did it again, finally got in. This is the first time I've had issues with ordering through the App and not getting it on launch. Oh well, I have a 7 unlike many with the 6.

256 GB Silver AT&T GSM, Next 12
Nov. 17-24 Estimated Delivery
Hopefully sooner

Ordered an Otterbox Commuter on Amazon $35/40 MSRP. The black one is $25/40.
Zagg Glass+ for $26.95/40 MSRP with a nasty late Nov early Dec delay. I'll cancel if I don't get it on time and just buy one from Best Buy.
Cheap Amazon Recommended Qi wireless charger for $12.
tremble
AG
Looks like I'm the one with the odd issue then. I got through until the carrier info entry and it kept on locking up at that point.

Finally, it went to another screen saying Apple couldn't contact carriers at this point in time but Apple had reserved my 256GB Silver. Apparently they will send an email when they can contact the carrier system (ATT) and I have 24 hours to finalize the purchase at that point.
BrazosDog02
AG
Can you tell when it's shipping before you buy? I'm late to the game.
aggiepaintrain
AG
yes before you buy apple will tell you

i checked around 7am out of curiosity and it was 5-6 weeks
CoppellAg93
AG
Logged in at 2:00am - went into the wait queue for over 30 minutes.

Got in to order - still owe $250 on my current phone but was offered an early upgrade for $100. But that offer didn't show at first - I had to refresh the page several times and log out and back in.

Ordered the phone - then noticed it wanted me to pay it in full immediately - didn't show the monthly payment option. Again, after refreshing several times, it showed the monthly option.

Got it ordered - 64Gb Space Gray - says I should get it Nov 3rd.

Ordered a case from Tech21 directly - should have it by the 3rd as well.

Just ordered a Belkin Boost Up Wireless charger from Apple - will get it on the 1st.
Raptor
AG
Got one through the Store App at 2:05am. Simple upgrade, but I might be tempted to hold onto my iPhone 7+ and sell it closer to the holidays.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Got the IPhone X 64 GB Space Gray with the Tech 21 Case, screen protector, and Belkin Wireless charging pad! Since I was 6 hours late to the party, I'm not expecting the device any time soon
Daytona22
AG
I'm debating on whether or not I want to wait the 5-6 weeks since I didn't get up in the middle of the night to order or just take my chances with getting it at the store. They do have the option to pre-order and select pick up in the store. Do you think that next Friday that you will be able to order through the App / Online for some of the inventory that will be delivered to the retail store or it will only be for walk-ins and people camping out?
Fslip01
Sounds like I got absolutely screwed. I had apple.com, the Apple Store app and att.com all opened before 2am CST. The AT&T site had a nice digital queue (or so it seemed) but when it got down to 0 minutes wait the website crashed.

When I finally got into ordering on Apple site, I got a "could not connect to carrier" message about 20 times before order finally went through. Ended up with 5-6 week delivery.

Chip Douglas
I woke up randomly at about 3:45am, remembered the pre-order, logged into AT&T app immediately and got my Space Grey 256GB ordered and back to sleep within about 5 minutes. Says it will ship between Nov. 2nd to 10th.
BradC34
AG
Wife's alarm didn't go off. I woke her up at 2:03 and she called T-Mobile and got it ordered. I think she was in line for less than 15 minutes.

They say 11/2-11/3 shipping so we'll see if it happens.
Rex Racer
AG
Pman17 said:

Which specific charger did you get?
k20dub
AG
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/27/apple-says-iphone-x-demand-off-the-charts/

Not surprising.
k20dub
AG
Also...

my wife got the Belkin wireless charger for her 8+ and loves it.
Pman17
AG
Rex Racer said:

Pman17 said:

Which specific charger did you get?
This, actually it's $13. People are saying it works well with the 8 in the reviews.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C40OG22/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
AggieFrog
AG
The TYLT Vu is the best wireless charger I've used.
BrazosDog02
AG
I opted not to take a chance on buying one for resale. I don't think you can get much more for it on ebay. Plus, we don't know what apple stock is going to be like. I may end up with a **** ton of work to do for a few hundred bucks.

It is not coincidence that there is a 'short supply' at order time. Created demand is designed.

Think I may wait for my personal phone. I've been down the road of buying products that were rushed to meet a deadline. We'll let some guinea pigs play with it for a while.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.