*** Super Mario Odyssey ***

7,077 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Chase McGuire
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How many hours have you put in?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Heh. From the Golden Joysticks Awards where Zelda won GOTY.

Predmid
AG
I have no idea.
TriumphForks
AG
Got it for Christmas. LOVING it so far!! I was not very hyped about this game but wow! Every expectation has been exceeded.
Jim01
AG
After I beat it a few weeks ago I started going back through to get all stars and coins. I was flying until I hit New Donk City. For some reason all my motivation to get everything has subsided. Maybe I'll give it a few weeks and fire it back up.
TexAgsAnon
Every time I sit down to play for 15 minutes, an hour evaporates. Such a wonderful game.
TriumphForks
AG
TexAgsAnon said:

Every time I sit down to play for 15 minutes, an hour evaporates. Such a wonderful game.
Same thing happens to me haha. I am seriously trying to think of a flaw in this game. I can't think of one.
TriumphForks
AG
Got all the main game coins and moons. Now I need to decide if I want to actually grind for enough coins to purchase up to 999.
Chase McGuire
Just topped out at 999. Fantastic game. Platforming perfected.
Predmid
AG
I enjoy this game, but gottam the darker side of the moon. I don't think I'll ever beat this.
Chase McGuire
I was saying the same thing but got it this morning. Have you gotten to the flower bridge part of the level?
Predmid
AG
I die on the platforms pushing back. Just screw up the triple jump timing somehow.
Chase McGuire
The ones that rumble and push you into the lava? Shouldn't need to triple jump. It's a little tricky, but you can use wall jumps on that whole section.
Predmid
AG
No...the lava conveyor belt section. I also haven't spent much time on it and only look off into the distance of how far away I am from the end.

Also haven't played much of it since I bought the snes mini. Been going through that game.
Bobcat-Ag
When you are stuck, what site do you use for hints?

I am stuck on the dark side of the moon and it says I need more power moons than are available here.
Chase McGuire
Polygon.com has some pretty helpful moon lists in their Odyssey guide. Just Google "X Kingdom moons" and it should be in the first couple links.
Quad Dog
AG
Predmid said:

No...the lava conveyor belt section. I also haven't spent much time on it and only look off into the distance of how far away I am from the end.

Also haven't played much of it since I bought the snes mini. Been going through that game.
The trick to that section is to always jump even with Bowser's head on each cynlinder. The small ones you jump pretty much as soon as you land, the medium ones you run a bit, and the bigger ones you run longer before jumping.
I keep falling at the pokey bird section.
Chase McGuire
On that section, you don't have to use every swinging wall. You can fling yourself onto the final wall from the second or third one to skip a couple difficult jumps.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.