Fortnite Battle Royale

187,575 Views | 1954 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by El_duderino
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apparently there's helicopters and jet packs now
saltydog13
AG
This will probably be the last post for this thread, so RIP to Fortnite. It's not the game that used to be so much fun with squads and just screwing around
Rossko
AG
Haven't played since Season 8 and feel like I haven't missed much
saltydog13
AG
Nope you haven't. Season 9 was pretty fun with all the mobility, but it was completely downhill after that. They ruined the game by introducing "competitive" play to a game that was never meant for that.
CrottyKid
AG
I still play just to complete the challenges.
dtkprowler
AG
The group of guys I play with just now found Zone Wars last night and we spent HOURS playing it. It was a nice change of pace to play a quick game that had quick results, but still had the building aspect and goofy items that are missing from other games out right now. It was also a nice change of pace to play AGAINST the people I usually play WITH so much. Will probably play this gamemode a lot more than the regular for a while.
Phat32
AG
They absolutely killed this game with crossplay, SBMM, and the new map. If COVID-19 had hit a year or two ago in S7 or 8, we'd be doing this every damn night.

So tired of winning a match vs bots or getting boxed in and trap killed by a PC sweat (we are on xbox). What a joke.
CrottyKid
AG
Being killed by a PC player before the shot animation even shows on your XBox and TV is a real kick in the nuts.
FIDO95
AG
SypherPK was always one of my favorites to watch. He was always positive and encouraging. Even he seems down now that he is realizing the game is in a downward spiral:

I've been playing sporadically just to finish the battle pass and complete the various agent missions. It is really starting to feel like more of a grind. I doubt I'll by another battle pass even though I have over 3k in vbucks from grinding at StW. Feels bad.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
saltydog13
AG
Not to mention the horrible optimization of the game with lag, FPS drops, etc. I hopped on last night for one game. Then proceeded to get coned, walled in completely, edited on, and one pumped. Needless to say I quit after that.
Todd King
AG
I started playing during this virus so I could play along side my son. I've always been horrible at fps games, but this is the first time I've put in any practice, and I'm at least...well, whatever one step above horrible is called.

I've had fun and won several duos with him, squads with him and his friends and my nephew, and a few solos on my own. At this age, if there's anything I can do along side him is a win. Its even bigger if he's not too embarrassed to invite me to play with his friends. Yes, I know they're using my lower level to get easier opponents, but I'll take what I can get. My daughter has even started playing making it more fun.

Thought I'd give it a shot during lunch and got wiped out by AggieJoshua34. Not sure if you're on here, but that was awesome!
Phat32
AG
This thread used to be bumpin'. Too bad they killed the game.
unmade bed
Anyone still playing? chapter 2 season 4 seems really lame. Marvel crossover? Thor running around shooting people with an AR?
jm94
AG
My 12 year old boys were acting like it was Christmas morning. They asked me to update if I woke up before them (I did and did), ran downstairs the minute they could, rushed through their chores, and started. The first one got a solo win in his first match. The plan is to post the video of the end along with the umbrella, so people searching for that will find it and give them views to their YouTube channel.

It's a whole new world.
degreedy
AG
yeah my kiddos had the same reaction. this game has now evolved into their game, and its cool to watch.
Proposition Joe
Todd King said:

I started playing during this virus so I could play along side my son. I've always been horrible at fps games, but this is the first time I've put in any practice, and I'm at least...well, whatever one step above horrible is called.

I've had fun and won several duos with him, squads with him and his friends and my nephew, and a few solos on my own. At this age, if there's anything I can do along side him is a win. Its even bigger if he's not too embarrassed to invite me to play with his friends. Yes, I know they're using my lower level to get easier opponents, but I'll take what I can get. My daughter has even started playing making it more fun.

Thought I'd give it a shot during lunch and got wiped out by AggieJoshua34. Not sure if you're on here, but that was awesome!

I started playing with my nephew a couple of times a week to get him out of my sister and brother in law's hair for a few hours. I loved gaming back in the day but for the most part anything I've picked up in the last 10 years just either hasn't entertainment me enough or the learning curve was too high. After a few games I can see why this is such a big hit - it's tough to master but easy enough a guy like me can pick up and not be a total liability.
CrottyKid
AG
I try to play with my niece, but all she wants to do is dance and change outfits in creative or party royale.
Proposition Joe
CrottyKid said:

I try to play with my niece, but all she wants to do is dance and change outfits in creative or party royale.

Yeah it was a struggle early on with my nephew because he would always want to fight the bosses to apparently get better weapons, but I was such a liability we'd end up dying before we actually saw other real players half the time.

But I'm also that guy that gets in the helicopter and flies around until it's 1-on-1 then tries to get lucky
aTmLoKi
AG
So I have picked this up again with the kids and they absolutely love the Marvel crossover event. It has been pretty cool for the most part. Is anyone playing through this season still?
jm94
AG
My boys are. It's their main way of interacting with a few of their friends, with school being remote.

A friend of mine in Iowa was having trouble taking down Wolverine, so she recruited them to help her, which worked.

I keep waiting for them to grow out of it, but then again, they'd probably just gravitate toward some other game.
94AGBQ
AG
anyone else still playing or am I the last man standing? It's still my go to game and I actually still enjoy playing regularly. Would be nice to have some teammates for challenges for a change though. I've been playing solo almost exclusively for a while since my boys have moved on to other games.

My epic is Unforgiven7294 (I play on Xbox)
degreedy
AG
I play regularly with my kiddos & brothers. We all still thoroughly enjoy it, will be firing up the PS5 tomorrow morning after Santa comes. I'll send you an invite sometime when I get a little bit of time to play.

Epic Name either: NPH- or blank storm

Can't remember which one is the epic name. Same account, one pops up as NPH- on playstation, other pops up as blank storm on PC.
degreedy
AG
Fortnite is still ridiculously fun when you have a team.

Loving it right now.
El_duderino
I've gotten back into it and am enjoying it again. The only thing I don't like is that they took pump shotguns out.
Bregxit
AG
Playing a bit with my 9YO son...me on PC and he on Xbox. He is really good and I am realizing my reaction time has dwindled severely as I carry on through middle age but we have a lot of fun with it.
degreedy
AG
Here's my 7 y.o. and I winning a duos this evening:

PS5 share feature is pretty neat.
MaroonStain
AG
That was really cool. Thanks for sharing.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
El_duderino
Resurrecting this thread from the dead since the Chapter 1 map is returning next friday. Anyone hopping back on for it?
94AGBQ
AG
I never stopped playing. I'm the weirdo daily player since chapter 1 season 3.

I play zero build now (occasionally play builds with one of my sons though) and the original map is definitely a challenge without builds.

But I'm loving playing on it again.
El_duderino
Yeah I never stopped either. Just seeing if others that left came back for the map. I tried no builds a little bit, but it's not Fortnite without the core mechanic of building in the game to me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.