Fortnite Battle Royale

186,843 Views | 1954 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by El_duderino
millertyme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is anyone playing this, particularly on PS4? It is a fun game in the same vein as Player Unknown Battleground. I need to find another person or squad to play with as the randoms I get assigned die within 2 minutes of starting. If anyone wants to join up and play, let me know.

PSN - tlhero50
TexAgsAnon
Yep, great game. Still working on my Duo's umbrella, the other two were stupid easy to get.
HossAg
AG
I'm on Xbox one occasionally. Gt is A Texas Aggie.

Trying to get used to the whole battle royale thing before PUBG hits Xbox.
FormerLefty
AG
Ugh. I've been grinding in solo trying to get my first win and can't seem to make it happen. I've tried every strat I can think of.

I have 9 total wins across the other two modes.

This is copied from FIDO on page 3:

PSN:
Millertyme - tlhero50
FormerLefty - Formerlefty
Heismenberg - AgsWin2011
Fido95 - SA-Ag-1836
FriendlyAg - DiehardAg14
Old Buffalo - DrizzyDrake_3
TheBruceWayne - Crown_Black
Kenny Omega - BadToTheBows
Zip04 - Zip04

Xbox:
HossAg - A Texas Aggie
Bryan98 - Fedaykin98
Aggie369 - Treblock09
Heismenberg - Ag2011
Fido95 - Fido95
Snizzler22 - Snizzler22
Ranger222 - Ran9er222
94AGBQ - EnvyMaster94
Accident Prone - Trill Aggie
Dtkprowler - dtkprowler

PC:
TexasAggie_02 - Schedonnardus
Aggiec05 - aggiec05
Cadetjay02 - Ensign Ricky

?Rule Number 32
?TexAgsAnon
?Yukmonkey
?TT3000
TexAgsAnon
Hide in bushes. Let others whittle the field down to you and 1 other. Kill them. Easy!
HossAg
AG
I have 2 wins and about 30 top 10 finishes in solo. It's so frustrating. Most of those top 10s are top 5 finishes. I get so unlucky with where the safe zone goes. It never comes to where I am. There's always that one lucky dude that builds a giant fort that ends up in the safe zone and you're screwed.
PoohAh97
AG
I'm terrible at this game. I need to play it much, much more so I can be only below average at it. Sooo fun.
Bryan98
AG
I downloaded BR on Xbox today, although I'm watching the World Series every night right now. I had no idea it was free!
TexAgsAnon
HossAg said:

I have 2 wins and about 30 top 10 finishes in solo. It's so frustrating. Most of those top 10s are top 5 finishes. I get so unlucky with where the safe zone goes. It never comes to where I am. There's always that one lucky dude that builds a giant fort that ends up in the safe zone and you're screwed.
Doesn't matter where the circle goes. You need to focus the early game on collecting lots of resources. The workflow is basically:

• Fill up your inventory slots, doesn't matter how good your items are, just fill it up
  • Start chopping down every tree/wall you can before the first circle closes, ideally you'll collect about 500 wood here
  • Stay on the fringes of each circle and never commit to running in a direction before the next circle moves
  • Move bush to bush as the map closes in
  • Build a small fort in each circle when it's down to the final 15 or so
  • Use rocket launchers, grenades, and grenade launchers to poke holes in the final forts

You absolutely must build forts in the late game to stand a chance. The name of the game is FORTnite, after all.
YouBet
AG
My nephew had me download this game so I can play with him online. He was here last night playing. It looks really confusing to me but I'm old.
Bryan98
AG
Played this last night on Xbox and had a BLAST! Fedaykin98 on Xbox if anyone wants to team up; I'll be playing in maybe 20 or 30 minutes.
PatAg
AG
TexAgsAnon said:

HossAg said:

Doesn't matter where the circle goes. You need to focus the early game on collecting lots of resources. The workflow is basically:

• Fill up your inventory slots, doesn't matter how good your items are, just fill it up
  • Start chopping down every tree/wall you can before the first circle closes, ideally you'll collect about 500 wood here
  • Stay on the fringes of each circle and never commit to running in a direction before the next circle moves
  • Move bush to bush as the map closes in
  • Build a small fort in each circle when it's down to the final 15 or so
  • Use rocket launchers, grenades, and grenade launchers to poke holes in the final forts

You absolutely must build forts in the late game to stand a chance. The name of the game is FORTnite, after all.
Just to clarify, you don't need to build some massive fort. A simple set of walls with ramps inside to look over is often enough. Just something to give you good cover to peek in and out of. Saving 3-4 rockets for the enemy fortification at the end will save a lot of your problems. Personally, I find being able to be mobile at the end gets me a lot of wins. That also includes being able to quickly build a U-shaped wall for instant protection
HossAg
AG
I've started using the "get to the edge of the safe zone and build a fort" strategy and it works well. I get top 5 every game that I get out of the initial spawn now. Won a game last night. I just build a two story square structure with a ramp in it and it works perfectly. Gotta stock up on wood at the start, though.
Bryan98
AG
I've been playing a ton today, and it's great! Duo, but hopefully squads come back soon.
Desert Power
AG
How much wood do you guys feel like is enough for the game?
HossAg
AG
I go for 500 at the start and pick up from enemies later on.
Bryan98
AG
Squads were re-enabled last night, apparently. Now I just need a free night one of these days.
FormerLefty
AG
I got my first trap kill last week.

Agmaniacmike12
Yeah, can't even get to a gun before getting murdered.
Bryan98
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

Yeah, can't even get to a gun before getting murdered.

This has maybe happened to me once. You don't want to land too close to other people.
FormerLefty
AG
This was a pretty fun win from yesterday. We built a huge base and ended up having an advantage on everybody. At the very beginning I'm building compartments in the bottom of the base because a team was trying to infiltrate us.

millertyme
AG
Lefty is building amazing bases while I am playing squads with random people and getting teamkilled within 5 minutes in 9 out of 10 games.
FormerLefty
AG
Lol. I've picked up a lot of tricks from rhinocrunch and dakotas. The best building tips I've seen is in this video from plixxer, check it out.
Gregg Papivich
Just won a solo round, 2nd day playing... ho hum
Aggie369
AG
We get top 5 as a squad almost every time....staying on edges is good, no need to chop a bunch of wood early if u feel comfortable engaging a team before the circle gets too small. Just pick up everyone else's materials. The key to winning more often is high ground and having explosives. We ran team if 4 last night and won back to back games....never built a fort until last 2 minutes. All 4 of us survived to win....the key was having more explosives than the others. Explosives make teams scramble and become unorganized....they run like cockroaches when you fire 3 RPGs into that well constructed 2 story brick fort
FormerLefty
AG
What system do you play on?
Aggie369
AG
Xbox
Bryan98
AG
Friend up Fedaykin98; I play on Xbox.
Aggie369
AG
Will do...playing tomorrow night sometime

Treblock09 is my Xbox handle
Phat32
AG
I'm amazed this thread isn't stronger. Great game.
boy09
AG
Downloaded it last week. It's a lot of fun, but I am terrible. I've probably played 50ish matches, and I have 3 kills... I've gotten killed in probably half of those matches before I could even get my hands on a weapon...
FormerLefty
AG
I'm still playing regularly. Are you on ps4?
TexAgsAnon
New map update drops tomorrow.

FormerLefty
AG
I'm really excited for this to bring more traffic to the west side of the map. Making each area of the map more distinct should make final circles more interesting as well as the strats should be a little different based on where the final circle is located.
TexasAggie_02
AG
map transition GIF

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.